SRT Hellcat Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
23 Posts
I just got home from the dealership (where my 18 Charger HC was in for a torn axle boot) where I watched video of someone driving my Hellcat out of the lot on a Sunday morning. Dealership still has the black key and I have both red keys. Awesome! On top of that my AC isn't working in my house and it's 80degrees in here... WTF!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I recently had a DREAM someone stole my Hellcat and some how I knew where the car was... it was at a race track... they were about to race it.. so I pull up and this old lady gets out... and I just immediately started punching her in face! Hahaha... I woke right up like wtf... It was such a crazy dream I didn't even check and see if my car was outside...
Your the only one on this site besides myself had a dream of someone stealing our hellcats! I did get up after the dream and see if my car was still there. 🤣👶🏿🙏🏾

·
Registered
49 Posts
if you enjoying driving it stuff happens and it is beyond your control. was driving my 59 chevy up to charlotte for the hot rod power tour . On the way up the freshly installed fuel injected 383 stroker started running horribly so I had it towed to a garage and they got it to run so I went to a local hotel for the night. woke up in the morning to this. there was even a non working camera right above it and several people heard it right outside the room
IMG_0015.JPG

·
Registered
49 Posts
sorry for the duplicate picture didn't see how to edit it out.In 1989 I had bought a new saleen mustang 2 months old and it was stolen. every other night I had parked my work truck blocking it in my driveway but this night we took the mustang out to the track and I was too lazy to move the truck. a few hours later and it was gone .even had a super ignition kill alarm but my neighbor saw them get in and drive away. bottom line is pay for the best insurance you can get and enjoy it

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,475 Posts
I just got home from the dealership (where my 18 Charger HC was in for a torn axle boot) where I watched video of someone driving my Hellcat out of the lot on a Sunday morning. Dealership still has the black key and I have both red keys. Awesome! On top of that my AC isn't working in my house and it's 80degrees in here... WTF!
Are you sure the Black key the dealer still has is yours? If you can't positively identify it, I bet it is not your key.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
993 Posts
My car was stolen when I received it back none of the keys worked. Outside of breaking the window not sure how they got it started.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
713 Posts
Y’all want the skinny ?? Truck drivers sell 1 of the extra keys, red key ! They have an alternate one that they purchased off eBay that 1 would think it works the car however Keys won’t work till we physically turn the car on in the PDI stage at dealer. This could be 2-3 days after the car is delivered depending on how busy the dealer actually is, but in that time fram the car is stolen. Meanwhile you have all keys but the one doesn’t work.. we have caught 2 different guys 1 guy with a rebel and 1 guy with a Trackhawk. The shit these people do is crazy.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
851 Posts
Isn't technology great. Soon with cars driving themselves if someone wants to put a hit on you they will just hack into the cars computer and drive you off a cliff or into a wall. Technology is great.

This is a great movie for those who like this type of stuff. There is a nice Challenger in this movie too.

Definitely! great flick “the cloud” makes it’s debut in it

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
619 Posts

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye on order.
222 Posts
Damn, this thread is depressing. The way I see it is, this is why we have insurance. Sure no one wants their car stolen, but as long as the owners are safe & not harmed, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,371 Posts
I use the pouches for my fobs. I can be inside the car and the fob in the pouch and the car does nothing.

Reactions: Andy2112 and RIcat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dodge is one of the easiest to crack from the obd port reader, they create a third key that don't exist and start up and drive. Yes its that simple

The key fob amplificator exist but if you keep your keys outside the front door range they can't use that. Always hide them somewhere in the house (thats what i do)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Simple security and old like earth is still hiding a fuel pump kill switch, they may steal it but will be stuck on the road service trying to figure it out wasting time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,153 Posts
I use the pouches for my fobs. I can be inside the car and the fob in the pouch and the car does nothing.
I have faraday pouches for my fobs too.....and they work for the thieves that are trying to steal signals. But they still won't work for pulling the windows back, unlocking doors and releasing it into neutral and rolling it down the street to a tow truck...

Might be time to go back to the 80's and get the club or keep it in a locked garage!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Notice the one fits the Hellcat! I hope that this helps my friends! They're on ebay. I also pull my computer fuse when I'm not driving the car, if I do I still pull out the fuse then I put it back in when I return to the car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,371 Posts
I bought one of the neutral pull covers from a member on here. Hopefully, that would help deter a thief and they go elsewhere. You are correct on these methods though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm not really worried about someone stealing my Hellcat! I'm concerned about people who follow me to see where I live at. This has happened to me so many times that I have lost count. When go for a ride, to the store or just get gasoline, I always make sure that no is following me to my house. If I think they are I just keep going and bypass my house and go somewhere else, perhaps on the highway and lose them in traffic. Crazy days are coming Hellcat owners. Be safe and be smart.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts