SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pitch Black challenger Hellcat
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I’ve read many post over the years with some people buying Hellcats and sticking them in the garage thinking they are going to be a collectors car someday. I honestly laughed at that and thought there is no way a Hellcat is ever gonna be a collectors car. Having thought this in the past, now with regulations coming and eventually some new electric version hitting the floor in a couple years.....I’ve started to think the current Hellcats could become more valuable. My personal opinion is the Hellcat will basically Stay pretty close to the same price for many years.

What do you all think? In 5 years with a new electric Hellcat out.....will the current Hellcat be a sought after vehicle?

Thanks

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
722 Posts
How do we know there will be a new one? It's funny that the Cadillac went back to the 6.2 supercharged in the CT5V.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point, I assumed (maybe I’m wrong) that emissions for these big animals would eventually not cut the cake and Dodge would put some type of electric/hybrid type version out there. So, your thoughts are the same engine currently running in the Hellcats will be there in 5 years?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
722 Posts
I'll wait until I see where the new admin is going. I would LOVE the new 600+ Mercedes all-electric, but not at $120K!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dodge Vipers were cheap to purchase only one-two years ago. The community was bewildered as to why the Viper wasn't increasing in value. Then suddenly the values increased this year.

My GTS is worth twice what I paid for it in 2008. My SRT is worth 10,000.00 more than I paid for it in 2011.

The Hellcat will become valuable in the future. Look at the demand now for used cars. Look at the internet dealers (Carvana, Vroom, Carmax). The Hellcat sells quickly while the lower trim cars are stagnant.

My Carvana Hellcat was priced at 49.990.00 in March. In April, the same configured vehicle sells for 52,000.00 and sell quickly.

A wise sports car buyer told me, "Auctions drive car prices not Kelly Blue Book."

The Dodge Viper GTS was the benchmark in the 90s. The Hellcat is now the car to beat. Valuable it will be....

Reactions: thetalonguyh

·
Registered
208 Posts
The electrification of cars will be based on the total carbon usage of the manufacturer. They will have all E and they will have hybrids. We are all bemoaning the death of the "hellcat" moniker but I'm sure that a proper balanced hybrid with the E providing max torque from 1 rpm plus the smaller ICE will increase performance in our future. The Durango and trackhawk are superior 0-80 mph vehicles than all the rwd hellcats.I'm sure the cars will get some form of awd.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Absolutely a Hellcat will be a collectable car. The issue isn't if, but when. If emissions kill the engine then you will see the values rise sooner than later. It's like the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's. These cars will command a huge price, but it might take 30-50 years.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
220 Posts
When I purchased my 2015 last month, I paid $46k. fair market value for my HC at the time was $50k, so I felt that I got a good deal. Checking the numbers again last night (5 weeks after I brought her home), the FMV now sits at $52k. It was a minor WTF moment for me. Although I know FMV pricing ebbs and flows based on regional demand, I've never owned any car, new or used, that appreciated by a margin of 4 percent in such a short time. Now if FMV suddenly corrects and falls to $48k next month, then it really is probably just market demand vs available inventory.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
228 Posts
They will all be valuable. The base models will be the entry point I say some where between 35-40k today money, the ones with more options or odd color combinations will be worth more, the red eyes will demand a premium over that, and the super stocks, Demins, and even the 1320s will demand the most. Dodge/Stellanis have even stated these are the last . The government will
Also see to this, the hellcats are the last of the breed as far as Mopars are concerned.

I’m keeping mine not for resale but for the fact they are the last of the breed. I might trade for a wide body, I have a 18HC. However I’ll always have one as these are the last of the breed.

The CTx# whatever’s, mustang, and Zl1s etc are fast but they are track rats that aren’t that comfortable or fun on the street due to their narrow focus.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,519 Posts
How do we know there will be a new one? It's funny that the Cadillac went back to the 6.2 supercharged in the CT5V.
It‘s coming. Electrified in some way (think assist up front at first) without question will be here in the next 2-3 yrs if not sooner. Eventually all electric. Anyone holding out hope for an administration intervention will be left out in the cold. FCA has already all but released it officially already.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
In The Market
1,242 Posts
Like GM and Ford, FCA-Citroen is bloviating to the current (nuts) regime. If things change this much in 6 months, who knows what next year holds. I can get gas on almost every corner. Not a recharge in 3 minutes. When ICA’s are against the law, I’ll drive them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome responses everyone.....I’m definitely going to keep a Cat of some type in my garage until my time comes. I really love those Octane Red widebodys and I’m now thinking of getting one sooner rather than later. No matter what happens in the future, these cars are amazing and I love driving mine as much as possible. I was at Bondurant/Radford a couple weeks ago and I drove those cars as hard as I could and the car just laughed at me and said is that all you got? and we were only driving on the black key. My car has way, way, way more capability than I have skill to drive it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
228 Posts
I’ve thinking about this question more. Posts keep popping up in regards to people hunting for cheap tires and cheap brake pads. This is the future for these cars. I’d say at least 50% are going to be sold off privately or as trade ins and then kicked to auctions. They will still be in the 40k range at this point depending on mileage. Second owner purchased the car on a 5 year loan, it’s their only car and it racks up mileage.

Cars get traded in again now they are in the 25-30k range as a 10 year old used car, differed maintenance is catching up, someone who can barely afford the car and it’s upkeep buys it. Car becomes difficult to drive as all the systems made to deal with 700+ hp begin to fail and drivers run out of talent. Cars are totaled at a high percentage .

The hellcats are going to be rarer than their current production numbers indicate. They keep getting stolen and cut apart, people who can’t afford them are going to start buying them but the part of the ownership they can’t afford is the upkeep. 16” rotors, 6 piston pads, huge tires, 16 spark plugs, active shocks, and etc. Its going to be like when someone buys the V12 M5 cheaply not knowing about its hunger for rod bearing, and then can’t afford its upkeep, rare M5 gets totaled.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,519 Posts
The hellcats are going to be rarer than their current production numbers indicate.
I tend to agree with this. I mean how many Mustang GT's were sold in the 90's? A Kajillion. How many do you see running around now? Actually not that many.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
228 Posts
I tend to agree with this. I mean how many Mustang GT's were sold in the 90's? A Kajillion. How many do you see running around now? Actually not that many.
Exactly!!! I really want a 350 Fbody or a latter Fox. Can’t find any! And they were made by the fist full!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was saying that exact thing the other day. Where are all the mustang owners that purchased a new 1999-2004 GT ?

Reactions: Slowpoke387
1 - 20 of 34 Posts