SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
Twin Turbo Challenger SRT Hellcat
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a process but finally really close to having this kit installed! Combined boost supercharged + turbo charged 2019 Hellcat Challenger!

Going with Injected Engineering's gasohol dual pump system as well, so we'll have numbers for both 93 octane & E85.

Build is almost complete, should start tuning next week!

To say I am excited is an understatement! I'll be updating this post as we progress.

The "GetoCat" will never be the same!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
Pretty bad ass kit.... Starting at $8k geez
they just make it too easy to keep cranking the boost lol
I wonder what will break first

Reactions: hansman

·
Registered
566 Posts
What did you do to the engine to support compound boost? Looking forward to seeing the results as well.

Reactions: JoeEd

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
546 Posts
How interesting OP. I can’t wait to see what kind of power it will put down! I can’t help but wonder if she will hold together with that sort of boost. Dream giveaway raffled off a “hellcat X” some time back with a twin turbo setup like this. They said it had 805 bhp. I would have thought more really, but they tuned it back a bit to keep it “sorta” reliable I believe. Please keep us posted man. I know my hat is off to you bro.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes definitely made sense to get the screamer upgrades!

Reactions: Linda's Hell Cat

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
keep us posted looks like a really radical build. Did you go with the upgraded turbos where it makes it sound like a jet or just plain Jane?
The "screamer" upgrades were a must! I'll be sure to post some sound clips. Love the supercharger whine add the turbo scream...ought to be badass lol

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What did you do to the engine to support compound boost? Looking forward to seeing the results as well.
I guess we're gonna find out right or wrong; going with stock motor, kit is basically bolt on. I already had the pinned crank, 180° thermostat, and 1200cc injectors , but other than that it's bone stock. There is suppose to be a lot of adjustability with this kit so it's going to be a learning process for me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
408 Posts
How interesting OP. I can’t wait to see what kind of power it will put down! I can’t help but wonder if she will hold together with that sort of boost. Dream giveaway raffled off a “hellcat X” some time back with a twin turbo setup like this. They said it had 805 bhp. I would have thought more really, but they tuned it back a bit to keep it “sorta” reliable I believe. Please keep us posted man. I know my hat is off to you bro.
The great thing about a turbo setup is that you can dial up as much power as you want with a good boost controller (I like the E-Boost 2's). Depending on the turbo size, the Hellion kit can make enough boost to ventilate the block on a Hellcat, so making 805 Bhp (which my guess is that it was turned way down) will be a walk in the park.

You could also pulley up the blower (under drive it) and let the turbo's make the majority of the boost. I say this because it should keep underhood heat lower because the blower isn't working as hard. The turbos with a good pair of wastegates are more precise using a boost controller than the supercharger is.

Just my thoughts.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The great thing about a turbo setup is that you can dial up as much power as you want with a good boost controller (I like the E-Boost 2's). Depending on the turbo size, the Hellion kit can make enough boost to ventilate the block on a Hellcat, so making 805 Bhp (which my guess is that it was turned way down) will be a walk in the park.

You could also pulley up the blower (under drive it) and let the turbo's make the majority of the boost. I say this because it should keep underhood heat lower because the blower isn't working as hard. The turbos with a good pair of wastegates are more precise using a boost controller than the supercharger is.

Just my thoughts.
Thank you for the input...and that is where we are headed, actually going back to a 3.35 pulley instead of the 2.85 we've been running. I believe the controller ordered with the kit may indeed be an E-Boost 2.
Still learning the ins and outs of this system, as there seem to be a good many running twin turbos, but very few running the combined boost set up.

Reactions: rift33

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,028 Posts
Injected Engineering doing the install? They did all of my work on my 2016 Challenger Hellcat, ended up just over 1000hp, no turbos though. I know they've been doing Hellion kits since last year.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
I've seen some cars with compound boost making some serious power and I'm not talking strictly about Hellcats but other types of cars as well.

So....any chance of sharing with the community a rough dollar amount, or a close ballpark number? Someone did this to a CTS-V and it made well over 1000hp and still needed a lot of the kinks removed.

Regardless of the cost it's a sick build. Can't wait to see the HP numbers and be ready to drive on slicks because I don't think DR's will cut it.

Reactions: Chancey and JoeEd

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Injected Engineering doing the install? They did all of my work on my 2016 Challenger Hellcat, ended up just over 1000hp, no turbos though. I know they've been doing Hellion kits since last year.
Yes they are. They have installed one kit on a 5.7 but mine is the first Hellcat. Biggest difference other than obviously combined boost with the supercharger is the stock intercooler works fine so no need to add one like they had to on the previous 5.7.

Reactions: Blkout

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,028 Posts
Yes they are. They have installed one kit on a 5.7 but mine is the first Hellcat. Biggest difference other than obviously combined boost with the supercharger is the stock intercooler works fine so no need to add one like they had to on the previous 5.7.

You'll be in good hands with Injected. I never had any issues with the work they did for me.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've seen some cars with compound boost making some serious power and I'm not talking strictly about Hellcats but other types of cars as well.

So....any chance of sharing with the community a rough dollar amount, or a close ballpark number? Someone did this to a CTS-V and it made well over 1000hp and still needed a lot of the kinks removed.

Regardless of the cost it's a sick build. Can't wait to see the HP numbers and be ready to drive on slicks because I don't think DR's will cut it.
Roughly for the Hellion kit & gasahol system plus labor 16k.

Obviously grip is going to be the challenge, looking at Mickey Thompson ET SS 305's for a set of Velgen 20" wheels I have in production, then I have 17" beadlocks that will take the Mickey Thompson ET R's in 315's for the track.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The supercharger will hold your airflow and restrict horsepower output rather than helping out. Even if it sounds badass to say you have both im surprise nobody else made mention of it yet

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,028 Posts
The supercharger will hold your airflow and restrict horsepower output rather than helping out. Even if it sounds badass to say you have both im surprise nobody else made mention of it yet
There are some benefits to compound boost too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are some benefits to compound boost too.
Yes and no, there a reason why ppl run either 1 and not both at once. He better off emptying the supercharger using it as an intake and cranking up the turbo instead or get a custom runner manifold built for your taste.

That motor moves air, the turbo will not lag at all so supercharger is only a handicap and im speaking with experience here

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes and no, there a reason why ppl run either 1 and not both at once. He better off emptying the supercharger using it as an intake and cranking up the turbo instead or get a custom runner manifold built for your taste.

That motor moves air, the turbo will not lag at all so supercharger is only a handicap and im speaking with experience here
Do you have experience running a combined boost system? Not questioning your thought process, I just can not seem to find a lot of actual data on cars that have run both.

I suppose that is a small part of why I decided to take this route instead of going with just turbos, procharger system, Whipple, etc.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts