SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Bought a new to me 2015 Hellcat with 47k on it, and loving every minute of 700+ horsepower. Not new to the world of Mopar, the addiction started in the early 2000's when I bought a 1996 Dodge avenger and went to my first Carslile event. Ever since then the list has grown. 2012 V6 Blacktop, 2013 SRT-8 Super Bee, 2015 Jeep Wrangler, 2015 R/T Scat Pack and now new to me a 2015 Challenger Hellcat.

Had a friend look at it at the Dodge dealership today in Annapolis and he gave it a thumbs up. We found some small things but not totally un-expected from a used Hellcat but the engine is strong and it feels good. Not going to modify the car right now as the best mod is the driver mod and I definitely want to learn how to drive this car to it's fullest potential. I do have my drag wheel setup from my Scat Pack (MT ET Street R 305/45/17 on DragStar-92 wheels) which for the rears fit just fine so I think I'm already ahead of the game when the tracks re-open. Have to sell my front skinnies though as the six caliper won't let them fit (probably will post them up on lxforums.com).

Well I look forward to banter and multiple jokes I'm sure I'll see about Mustangs, Corvettes and Camaros. If there's anyone from the DMV area definitely let me know, after the whole wu-flu thing dies down I'd like to meet up.

Took some elbow grease to the engine bay and gave it a good cleaning.

The cars big bootay:

Got bored and decided to give the suspension a cleaning as well, the before:

The after:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome, fumanchu, and congrats on the car! Looks like the previous owner(s) did a fantastic job of keeping the paint in great shape. I did the same thing you did.......took mine straight home, popped the hood, and waxed/detailed everything I could touch under it. Great job on the wheel wells, too. They look great for 40,000+ miles. I haven't yet tried it, but I've read that "bare bones" is great for coating the wheel wells and keeping the filth from sticking to them. Enjoy the car and don't be a stranger around here.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,876 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

For your 2015 HC you will need an after market drive shaft and a Differential brace for the track.
The 2015 oem driveshaft many had them twist up like a twizzler.
The diff is also a weak link and if it breaks your half shaft or drive shaft can be taken out with it. This can also create some nasty underneath damage.
I have a Pe4formance Diff brace. Search results

I have a DSS ALuminum DS

Congrats and Enjoy All The Fassst Fun!

Linda :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, fumanchu, and congrats on the car! Looks like the previous owner(s) did a fantastic job of keeping the paint in great shape. I did the same thing you did.......took mine straight home, popped the hood, and waxed/detailed everything I could touch under it. Great job on the wheel wells, too. They look great for 40,000+ miles. I haven't yet tried it, but I've read that "bare bones" is great for coating the wheel wells and keeping the filth from sticking to them. Enjoy the car and don't be a stranger around here.
The car has some imperfections but I spent all day polishing her after two washes. The results speak for themselves:

Welcome to the Forum!

For your 2015 HC you will need an after market drive shaft and a Differential brace for the track.
The 2015 oem driveshaft many had them twist up like a twizzler.
The diff is also a weak link and if it breaks your half shaft or drive shaft can be taken out with it. This can also create some nasty underneath damage.
I have a Pe4formance Diff brace. Search results

I have a DSS ALuminum DS

Congrats and Enjoy All The Fassst Fun!

I've heard about the two piece drive shaft being a weak link and that wheel hop is a destroyer of diff in these vehicles. I'll definitely have to get a diff brace to start out with. Thank you for the links I'll definitely check them out.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,876 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the community and CONGRATULATIONS to you for that BEAUTIFUL cat!!
Hope you have lots of fun with it!
Thank you! Today was the first day I was able to drop all settings into track mode and give her the beans. I've never been thrown back like that in the seat. Smile from ear to ear and then an big oh shit when I look at the speedometer and immediately slowed down. Good thing the highways are empty.

The P4 brace may still be for sale
Thanks for the link, going to reply ASAP!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,856 Posts
Welcome, I see you got the fastest color. It’s not like I’m biased or anything just because mine is identical (Besides the roof)...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts