SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been on here for a little over a year reading posts and getting ideas. I have a 2016 Hellcat charger with no mods........yet. Just put some engine dress and a borla exhaust on it so far. Been in some car shows here in S.A. and won some trophies while learning less is more by keeping it simple. Been looking at putting a smaller upper pulley, bigger injectors, leg maker cold air (based on some things I read here still on the fence about the cold air) and a tune. Was wondering tho do I need to bleed the supercharger coolant reservoir after I remove it to paint it? Also any ideas on removing some of the oxidation from the throttle body? Here are pictures of “Elmo”, my dogs got in the picture

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,748 Posts
Welcome...sharp car!

A little metal polish should clean that oxidation right up. On the s/c coolant bottle...are you planning to paint the factory bottle, or get one of the aluminum ones and paint it to match? IIRC there is a bleeder on the s/c. A search on the forum here should find it....haven't done that myself,

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir. Yes sir. I’m wanting to remove it and paint to match the redline pearl. I also want to paint the coolant reservoir too. That one shouldn’t be bad. Just wasn’t sure about the SC. I will look for the thread. Shouldn’t be too bad. I will post pictures when I paint the tanks.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,115 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!

You have a very nice looking "Elmo" Charger!

Enjoy All the Fassst Fun!
Linda:)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I got with the shop that will be doing the pulley and tune, They told me that no bleeding is necessary as long as you don't drain the s/c or the radiator completely. It's better to suck out the coolant and clamp off the lines than just drain the reservoirs.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,115 Posts
Good info to know!

Thanks
Linda

1 - 10 of 10 Posts