SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all from England, I finally collected my new black Dodge Challenger Hellcat Widebody last weekend from the great guys at Unity Ram/Dodge near Leicester, in the UK, and have been enjoying my new car for the last few days!

I live in Sheffield in the north of England, but we've already been on a road trip to London and back (about 350 miles), and getting daily use (it's only been 4 days so far!). American cars are not common at all in the UK, but I've had several before over the years. The Hellcat is an amazing machine, and it's everything I thought it would be.

Some quick pictures picking up from the dealer:

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Also a video of us picking up the car at the dealer:

And a quick blast up the A1 out of London from the Dash Cam:

Loving the car so far, more to come!

·
Registered
2015 Granite M6 (ABN)(LRS)
50 Posts
Very nice! I'm sure parking must be a beast for a large vehicle, from what I remember about the UK and most of Europe growing up there

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,287 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the dark side.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
903 Posts
Driving a Hellcat in the UK must cause quite a stir. I drive mine here and almost no one notices. It's still the greatest car ever for those who know.

Reactions: Paladin06

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,856 Posts
Welcome to Hellcat.org!

There are other members here from England, some don't post up too much and some do.
I have Friends on here @Lord Hellcat and @Stiff_Shifter and I got to meet up with while over in England a few years ago.
@Lord Hellcat brought my son and I to a Muscle car show and I met up with their Mopar Club, which is where I met @Stiff_Shifter.

Congrats and enjoy All The Fasssst Fun!

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
903 Posts

Driving a modern Challenger in the UK causes the same stir as driving a 69 Charger in the USA. The two greatest cars ever made. Given enough time, the modern Challenger will create the same stir here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all for the welcomes!

I've been away for a few days, without time to post, but back now. American cars of any kind are very rare in the UK, especially a Dodge Challenger (and a Hellcat). It certainly does draw a lot of looks, and does generally put a smile on everyone's face as far as I can tell, which is great to see. Everyone needs a little fun in their life! And Richard Hammond would definitely approve I think.

It is a proper left-and drive (steering wheel on the left hand side) US import, which puts the driver in the gutter of the road, not the middle, but you get used to it, and I've driven left-hookers (as they're known here, see https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/left_hooker) before.

I've finally got around to taking off the splitter protector, and she's booked in for ceramic paint protection in a few weeks:

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Window

Although US cars are very rare here, I did stumble across a Mustang electric GT last week, I think they are sold here officially (as right hand drive). I did scoot past it however:

Definitely smiles per mile!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts