SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I was all set to order and then two things have happened, $10-20K premiums and options disappearing faster than availability...

'Can't tell you how I stumbled onto the site, but I did. I plan on kicking around to get non-BS info (unlike local dealer/salespersons) and maybe when things settle down in the spring I'll try again (if there are any to be had...)

Maybe with the way pricing on the Vipers are going and with the way premiums on HC's are going, the two will meet in the middle and I'll find myself in a snake....

: )

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,193 Posts
Depends what you want different cars. I got both. The Viper is a race car that you can drive on the streets and the Hellcat is a muscle car that you could take to the Track.

Believe me the Viper sucks on the roads for daily driving or trips. Went to a wedding 3 hours from home and with my suit on and my wife's dress on a hot day we were trashed by the time we got there. However not much can beat it.
The Hellcat can be used as a daily driver, take on trips and has comforts. You can pack things in it go on trips hold 4 adults comfortable.

Like I say they are very different cars. I like them both of them. ( to clarify myHellcat is not been delivered but I have a 2012 SRT-8 392 Challenger).

good luck with you decision but you will get a deal on the Viper

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
well Vipers are now officially $85k MSRP, some dealerships want $80 - $90k for a Hellcat so if you really want a Viper and cannot find any at MSRP then go for it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
Yeah, I was all set to order and then two things have happened, $10-20K premiums and options disappearing faster than availability...

'Can't tell you how I stumbled onto the site, but I did. I plan on kicking around to get non-BS info (unlike local dealer/salespersons) and maybe when things settle down in the spring I'll try again (if there are any to be had...)

Maybe with the way pricing on the Vipers are going and with the way premiums on HC's are going, the two will meet in the middle and I'll find myself in a snake....

: )
I have a 14 viper GTS and a 09 SRT challenger (can't really compare that to a hellcat, but I continue to wait patiently). I don't agree the viper, especially with the GTS package, is not a daily driver. My wife uses it as a daily driver. I'll write that again. My wife uses it as a daily driver - in heels. We have taken long multi day road trips in it and loved it the whole way. I'm very lucky because I don't have to choose, I will have both. However, I do agree that both cars are two completely different beasts. The viper really is a race car you can drive daily (I wouldn't say that in TA or soon to be ACR trims), and for me, the hellcat is an insane GT car that will also be insanely fun on the track. What's the solution? That's an individual choice that I couldn't make, so I got both. Problemed solved, problem staying solved.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Depends what you want different cars. I got both. The Viper is a race car that you can drive on the streets and the Hellcat is a muscle car that you could take to the Track.

Believe me the Viper sucks on the roads for daily driving or trips. Went to a wedding 3 hours from home and with my suit on and my wife's dress on a hot day we were trashed by the time we got there. However not much can beat it.
The Hellcat can be used as a daily driver, take on trips and has comforts. You can pack things in it go on trips hold 4 adults comfortable.

Like I say they are very different cars. I like them both of them. ( to clarify myHellcat is not been delivered but I have a 2012 SRT-8 392 Challenger).

good luck with you decision but you will get a deal on the Viper
Ditto! I don't own a Viper, but agree they are two totally different cars. If you want an awesome muscle car that can be your daily driver than probably the Chally. If you want something that is more of a track/racing car you take out on special occasions or just to cruise around for a bit maybe the Viper. The prices are so close now, I can see where the decision might be difficult. I am not familiar with the standard options on the Viper so, that might affect the decision also..o_O

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
470 Posts
Prefer automatic, I would suffer with the manual! :D
on my way home from work, was behind a guy in a viper with plate that said "I WIN" who was grinding his gears bad enough i could hear it clearly even with radio turned up! I was like "win what? most transmissions trashed in a short amount of time?" haha. I tease...I'm getting an automatic...not because I can't drive a stick, but I like to be lazy, lol...

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
on my way home from work, was behind a guy in a viper with plate that said "I WIN" who was grinding his gears bad enough i could hear it clearly even with radio turned up! I was like "win what? most transmissions trashed in a short amount of time?" haha. I tease...I'm getting an automatic...not because I can't drive a stick, but I like to be lazy, lol...
OMG!! That is hilarious! I would have been in my car laughing my butt off. That is actually very sad...Again, I think there should be a test and rules for who can buy these cars...just saying.;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
208 Posts
Was thinking about a viper before I ordered my Hellcat. Now I guess my Hellcat is in the eternal BX status due to my dealer not having an allotment (didn't have a clue about the allotment bs when I ordered). Would you guys think I'm crazy to get a Viper now with the super low prices they are selling them for or should I just wait for my kitty. If I don't get a VIN by the end of the year I'm really thinking I'm going to buy a viper.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.