SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. never did a new member intro on any forum i’ve ever joined, but i have a question. are these cars ok to beat on time and time again? i bought the car new in march (2020 challenger hellcat, sinamon stick) and have about 500 miles on it. ive done the mid muffler delete and its not my daily driver and is garage kept when im not driving it. the damn thing is just tooo fun not to drive it hard when i do drive it. just want to make sure im not hurting it by driving it hard. also, do i need to let it cool down after driving it? i come from owning diesels and wasnt sure if it needed to cool down or not as you would with a diesel. thanks for any help.

denny

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
888 Posts
These cars are built for speed. I wouldn't worry too much about hurting it, so long as you do it responsibly. Don't over rev it, don't leave it in 1st at max RPM for 10 seconds, etc. As for the heat, it's also not much of a problem in terms of street use. Now, if you were to take it to the track, you'd definitely want to cool it between rounds so you don't get heat soaked and lose power. Even then, the car would still run and drive just fine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You need to be more worried about the Po Po than the car when you driving it hard, or “spirited” as most say around here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. i just wanted to be certain that i wasnt going to harm the car. i was 98% positive that i knew the answer already, but i just wanted to ask for reassurance. i know there are some real knowledgeable people on here and i appreciate any feedback. thanks again.

denny

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
542 Posts
This is my second SRT. I am waiting on my third as we speak. I drive them fairly hard, and I always daily mine unless the weather is terrible. They are pretty tough. Car makers know a car like this needs to be able to take the heat. They also have to warranty them, so again they are tough and for the most part are built for it. As the above poster stated, dont hold em’ in redline or bounce off the rev limiter like an youtube idiot. The main thing is don’t skimp on quality full synthetic oil as recommended. Always do frequent maintenance. It amazes me that people will spend $70,000 to $90,000 for a car and skimp on oil and maintenance... Best insurance you have. Be safe and let her rip!

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,239 Posts
Welcome to HC.org From Beautiful Bucks County Pa!

Congrats and Enjoy All the Fassst Fun!
That's what these cars were built for.
Pedal to the Metal good times!

Linda :)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,102 Posts
If they will warranty them, you can beat them all day long. I believe that they endurance test these, and the 392, for 24 hours straight also.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
888 Posts
This is my second SRT. I am waiting on my third as we speak. I drive them fairly hard, and I always daily mine unless the weather is terrible. They are pretty tough. Car makers know a car like this needs to be able to take the heat. They also have to warranty them, so again they are tough and for the most part are built for it. As the above poster stated, dont hold em’ in redline or bounce off the rev limiter like an youtube idiot. The main thing is don’t skimp on quality full synthetic oil as recommended. Always do frequent maintenance. It amazes me that people will spend $70,000 to $90,000 for a car and skimp on oil and maintenance... Best insurance you have. Be safe and let her rip!
I'll second on the maintenance. It's not unheard of for Hellcats to need at least 1 trip to the dealership for warranty work in the first 50k miles. Most things are minor, but this is a high performance vehicle. Maintenance is also high dollar if something major goes wrong. So, if a person plans on keeping the car and they beat on it regularly, all well and good so long as they keep up with the routine maintenance. If not, the Hellcat can be very unforgiving to your wallet.

Aside from oil, pay particular attention to the rear diff oil. I drain mine after the first year, then follow the manufacturer instructions after that. Most of the break-in miles are for the drivetrain and rear differential, not the engine. So, as the rear diff gears break in, it's common to get a tiny bit of metal shavings. I like to drain it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts