SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2017 Challenger HC and was excited to find out that the previous “owner” hadn’t used the track day for my vin. I was getting ready to schedule my SRT experience at Bondurant Driving School and was watching YouTube videos when the guy mentions making sure that if you buy a yellow or white challenger HC, make sure it didn’t come from there. My heart sunk. When I had originally checked the carfax it looked great...1owner, rather extensive service history, and in the dry state of Arizona. Also at this point I didn’t know that the SRT experience wasn’t a traveling event anymore. I had a coworker that did it here in CA some years back. Now after looking deeper into the details of the carfax I see that it was never “offered for sale” and was just registered immediately in Michigan (which I didn’t pay attention to because most of the carfax was service records; all of which were in AZ). Once I figured out where Bondurant was located I figured out that the dealership that performed all of the services was literally down the street from Bondurant. The car runs/drives/stops great but all of the 11000 miles that were on this car are the most abusive miles any car will ever see.

My question is are dealers allowed to not disclose this? Never would have bought this car knowing what I know now.

I have only had the car 8 days and live in CA. Is there any recourse I can take? I’m getting ready to speak with an attorney.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow, I am sorry! I know Carfax has a section for type of use, what does it say there? I know those aren’t always accurate but just curious.

I would be very upset, the dealership should have disclosed that. With all that abuse, components will definitely wear out quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 TorRed Charger SRT Hellcat
644 Posts
I am sorry to hear that but this sadly is not the first time I have heard of this happening. In case some of you are old timers from the cherokeesrt site, there was a dude on there who bought a Modern Blue WK1 SRT and he found out that his was a SRT track experience truck. If I remember correctly, he complained to Chrysler and he got them to buy the car back because just like you, they did not disclose to him that it was a SRT track experience car.

I will never forget when I first went to the SRT track experience back in 2010 in Englishtown. Someone asked what do they do with the cars at the end of the year. Hammer said "they sell them as lightly used cream puffs". lol

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,859 Posts
And this is why I cannot stand Carfax. They advertise like they're the bible of a vehicle's history and people fall for it. It is an extremely flawed system and these situations arise non stop. They are obviously not to blame here but look at how upset op is that it isnt disclosed on Carfax. That alone says a lot to me about their advertising. The general public thinks everything will be disclosed there and Carfax isnt arguing that point very hard. Would be bad for business.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, I am sorry! I know Carfax has a section for type of use, what does it say there? I know those aren’t always accurate but just curious.

I would be very upset, the dealership should have disclosed that. With all that abuse, components will definitely wear out quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Under the “owner type” it’s blank. Just 3 dashes———

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,500 Posts
When I went to Bondurant over a year ago, I think they said all their cars had to be returned to FCA. It might be worth making some calls to verify. Maybe call Bondurant to verify where the cars go then open a case with FCA to see their response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I went to Bondurant over a year ago, I think they said all their cars had to be returned to FCA. It might be worth making some calls to verify. Maybe call Bondurant to verify where the cars go then open a case with FCA to see their response.
I did call Bondurant and they took down my vin and email and are going to check their records. There’s just too many coincidences for it to not be one of their cars. I checked the car faxes on every white and yellow challenger HCs listed on autotrader in SoCal and 3 of them have virtually the same exact carfax as mine

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
959 Posts
Still has the factory warranty, yes? Get an extended B2B warranty from the selling dealership (at their expense) and don't hesitate to beat the shit out of the car for as long as you own it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,142 Posts
What does the dealer say? Get them to throw in an extended powertrain if you can. Is it an automatic or manual?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
54 Posts
If it was sold to you with an extended warranty that is a problem. I doubt that car has or can have any warranty with that past. FCA is very clear any car raced or altered is void of warranty and i'm sure this car at some point had a cage in it. Another clue would be, does it look like it had a cage in it?

·
BMF
4,435 Posts
Those cars get engines replaced and Transmissions.
So hopefully your has a fresh engine and transmission

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,142 Posts
If it was sold to you with an extended warranty that is a problem. I doubt that car has or can have any warranty with that past. FCA is very clear any car raced or altered is void of warranty and i'm sure this car at some point had a cage in it. Another clue would be, does it look like it had a cage in it?
Since the owner was FCA I'm sure they would overlook that racing part.

And no Bondurant cars have cages.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,301 Posts
Looking in my driveway at my White HC, digging in my junk drawer for the flash drive the dealer downloaded all Doc's to when I bought it.

I swear if I bring up carfax and have something synonymous, I honestly wouldn't be surprised as thats just my luck.

Is it ALL white/yellow, did Bondurant ever use a carbon stripe stick car?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,500 Posts
The ones my 3 day class used had harness bars installed but no roll cage. We probably wore half the tread out on the tires. They do a ton of maintenance to their cars. My class only used the black key.

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Someone on my local Challenger FaceBook Group page just posted about buying one here in CO from a Dodge dealer. They knew it was a Bondurant track car though and had a warranty. I started searching on AutoTrader to see how many are out there and this one is a perfect example, MI to AZ, ends up at Auction as Manufacturer Vehicle, Yellow, 6-speed Manual, rear seat delete etc...
Bondurant HellCat

Another one in NC, very similar CarFax
Yellow Bondurant HC in NC

Shanevm20 said:
My question is are dealers allowed to not disclose this? Never would have bought this car knowing what I know now.
The ones I've seen where you can tell from the CarFax it clearly was a Bondurant car
not a single dealer has disclosed this in the Ad, however they may not know either, they're buying them from Auction.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,859 Posts
Someone on my local Challenger FaceBook Group page just posted about buying one here in CO from a Dodge dealer. They knew it was a Bondurant track car though and had a warranty. I started searching on AutoTrader to see how many are out there and this one is a perfect example, MI to AZ, ends up at Auction as Manufacturer Vehicle, Yellow, 6-speed Manual, rear seat delete etc...
Bondurant HellCat

Another one in NC, very similar CarFax
Yellow Bondurant HC in NC

The ones I've seen where you can tell from the CarFax it clearly was a Bondurant car
not a single dealer has disclosed this in the Ad, however they may not know either, they're buying them from Auction.
That one says “titled or registered as corporate fleet vehicle”. That would have me wondering, especially if I had a Carfax done and was looking for red flags.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts