SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,553 Posts
Looks like a ricer DIY. Just no.

·
Registered
Challenger 392 2014
42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Adakar I may end up having to fabricate one aliexpress is iffy lol

@northwoodgt40 I'm looking for a truly functional one which I can tie into a full belly pan eventually. I know ZL1 offers a seemingly functional piece but it doesnt come under the exhaust outlets/sides like the one in the picture. Shouldn't be too bad adding that in myself.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
@Adakar I may end up having to fabricate one aliexpress is iffy lol

@northwoodgt40 I'm looking for a truly functional one which I can tie into a full belly pan eventually. I know ZL1 offers a seemingly functional piece but it doesnt come under the exhaust outlets/sides like the one in the picture. Shouldn't be too bad adding that in myself.
the Ford GT uses riveted on fiberglas diffusers onto an aluminum belly pan. maybe you could find just the diffuser fins by themselves somewhere to accomplish what you want

Attachments

·
HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,191 Posts
Front and rear by APR. Not the same as what you asked for but similar and probably better

Lol, I doubt he wants to have another car payment. APR raised their high prices even more. Do not go CF unless you need it for racing. Hit one thing with that splitter, its junk.

·
HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,191 Posts
C'mon, I was just pointing out most people do not want to spend $2,200 on parts like this....
The ZL1 pieces are like $500 and that is expensive......

·
Registered
32 Posts
C'mon, I was just pointing out most people do not want to spend $2,200 on parts like this....
The ZL1 pieces are like $500 and that is expensive......
I have seen many people spend way too much on all kinds of things. Some people just see what they want and get it like spending $20k+ on an engine when the one thats in your car is still working fine and they hardly drive it.

OP asked about a diffuser and thats the only one I have seen in my two weeks of owning a Hellcat and posted it.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
161 Posts
I bought the ZL1 deluxe standard diffuser and I like it OK. It does come attached to a aluminum belly pan that goes all the way forward to the crossmember behind the differential. You have to do some modification if you have a diff brace which I did. My only real complaint is that I wish the fins were a little shorter and contoured to match the contour of the underside of the bumper and black skirt back there. I have thought many times about removing it and contouring the fins better myself but it would be a big PITA. I contacted ZL1 and asked if they would make me a custom diffuser to match what I wanted and was willing to pay whatever they felt was fair to do so but they declined. I guess they have enough work as it is. I will say this, it definitely decreased the amount of road wash/crap that ends up on your rear bumper and trunk so it does work as it was designed to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts