SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 4 Miatas. I'm done there.
I'm also looking for the right driver quality classic (Ideally 66-70 Chevelle), but we all know the market there so the hunt continues & I can wait out the marker just like the housing nonsense.

I'm looking for suggestions on what convertibles to consider. I want something reliable. It's going to be a summer, spring & fall second car for me right now & park it for winter as I normally have in the past. Thought about just getting a Fiat 124, but thanks to the market, used is almost cost of what they were new so pass.

·
Registered
71 Posts
1. 2003-2010 Dodge Viper SRT10 Convertible.
2. Anything else...

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,242 Posts
2012-2017 can be had at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
716 Posts
Depends on if you want to drive a house. If I could afford to, I'd drive one of these. But, I can afford to post a picture of one. That's about it, sorry.

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Things are getting a little out of control here lol. Let's keep it under 10 grand. I still want to be able to buy an old muscle car. Be nice if it could turn decent

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
716 Posts
More realistically, I've always liked the '74-'80 Triumph Spitfire roadsters. A really nice freshly restored one can be had for mid 20k, but there's plenty of drivers for much less, many under 10k. And, from experience, a Chevy 327, Ford 289/early 302 will fit on an engine swap if you get tired of the original 4 banger :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
5Gen Camaro V6 convertible

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
120 Posts
I've had 4 Miatas. I'm done there.
I'm also looking for the right driver quality classic (Ideally 66-70 Chevelle), but we all know the market there so the hunt continues & I can wait out the marker just like the housing nonsense.

I'm looking for suggestions on what convertibles to consider. I want something reliable. It's going to be a summer, spring & fall second car for me right now & park it for winter as I normally have in the past. Thought about just getting a Fiat 124, but thanks to the market, used is almost cost of what they were new so pass.
I'm sure you can get a convertible 350z for less than 8 grand, closer to 10k with lower mileage not a bad car in my opinion

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
4th gen F body convertible
2nd gen DSM convertible
DSM lol junk interior & car itself. I also don't want a project. I want reliable. I've had 4th gen f-bodies already. I'm over it. People selling the LS1 4th gens that are not beat want a small fortune anyway. cars ain't worth it to me

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,532 Posts
Tbh anything under 10k is going to be a pile of sh!t. And it's going to handle like it too. Reliability just isn't going to be there for the most part. Lots of wrenching. Don't shoot the messenger.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You're looking for what's almost a unicorn. The only cars in the category you are looking at are cars you either don't want or have already had. Shoot, the early Miata's in good shape without a ton of miles on them are approaching $10K now.

Really the last car I can think of that hasn't been mentioned already would be an 86-96 Corvette. You could get a fairly nice one in that price range but it's going to need some work here and there as it's a 20+ year old car.

Can you ride a motorcycle? Honestly, that would be my suggestion with your budget and desires.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Really the last car I can think of that hasn't been mentioned already would be an 86-96 Corvette. You could get a fairly nice one in that price range but it's going to need some work here and there as it's a 20+ year old car.
Even those yrs Corvettes - the ragtops handled like absolute crap. I had one, hated it. Looked cool but was a nightmare if you hit a bump while cornering, or going straight, or in your driveway, or parked lol. The whole car was just so loose without the roof structure and never meant to be a convertible really.

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tbh anything under 10k is going to be a pile of sh!t. And it's going to handle like it too. Reliability just isn't going to be there for the most part. Lots of wrenching. Don't shoot the messenger.
Miata says you are wrong, but go on

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's the ideal number. I can spend more but this is not a baller purchase. I still want to save the big chunk for classic muscle car

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Miata says you are wrong, but go on
But Miata's are out. You've had four...what's left for under 10k? Just meant it's going to be slim pickins.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts