SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,542 Posts
Here is what the tech wrote when trying to fix the problem:

"Ran diagnostic codes in PCM stored P0642, P2174, TCM U1428, ABS C121C, U0401

Code active now is P0642. Measured 5V supply CKT F855 at TBODY 0.30V present currently. Ran diagnostic per code P0642. Tested and disconnected sensors on same circuit. No changes present. Didn't get to crank sensor yet. Engine hot and need to pull starter motor. After testing sensors and unplugging them, the voltage was back at 4.95V at TBODY. Plugged in all sensors while monitoring - no change. Voltage stayed at 4.95V normal. Cleared codes. Codes gone and engine runs normal. Attempted to road test. Vehicle acted up as pulling out oh shop while pressing accel pedal. Code set P1618, P2174. Performed PCM flash update per TSB 18-032-20. No changes to issue. Cleared codes; codes gone. Found at idle when bliping the throttle code resets and engine stumbles.

Possible internal accel pedal sensor fault. Performed harness wiggle tests; no changes. Need to replace pedal sensor and retest vehicle.

Installed new accel pedal sensor and performed relearn procedure. Cleared codes and road tested.

After about 5 miles of driving, the engine light came back on, right after a left turn and starting to accel. Checked 5V supply reading 4.95V running. Cannot get issue to reset in shop. Voltage hold steady; no glitches.

Installed new crank sensor. Cleared codes. Ran vehicle until hot. Tested operation. Performed harness wiggle tests; passed. Road test vehicle over 5 miles. Vehicle ran all normal as tested. Will let vehicle sit and retest again later to verify. Road test again over 5 miles. Vehicle is operating normal now; all ookay as driven."

I had no issue driving the car home (about 15 miles) but I haven't been able to drive since. May drive today and push it some to see what happens.
The above is why a tech needed to be involved. Somebody has to get his hands dirty and dirty from being in the right places even if the place turns out to not be the location where the problem lies. IOWs diagnosis is critical.

Thanks for the update.

Hope the issues are behind you.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
The above is why a tech needed to be involved. Somebody has to get his hands dirty and dirty from being in the right places even if the place turns out to not be the location where the problem lies. IOWs diagnosis is critical.

Thanks for the update.

Hope the issues are behind you.
Thanks for the post and I agree. I always knew it needed a tech but posted here to see if anyone else had similar problems so I could potentially understand it better and hopefully calm my nerves. I haven't been able to drive it since getting it back from the dealer but today I plan on getting it out and pushing it a little to see how it responds. I too hope the issues are behind me! Thanks again!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the post and I agree. I always knew it needed a tech but posted here to see if anyone else had similar problems so I could potentially understand it better and hopefully calm my nerves. I haven't been able to drive it since getting it back from the dealer but today I plan on getting it out and pushing it a little to see how it responds. I too hope the issues are behind me! Thanks again!
Mr. J J glad to hear that you are up and running!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Mr. J J glad to hear that you are up and running!
Well, so much for that! Took the car out for the first time since picking it up from dealer after getting fixed and within 10 minutes, after I pulled into a parking lot, it stalled out and showed all the same issues and codes as last time. Had to wait for over an hour to get it towed again. This is unreal!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, so much for that! Took the car out for the first time since picking it up from dealer after getting fixed and within 10 minutes, after I pulled into a parking lot, it stalled out and showed all the same issues and codes as last time. Had to wait for over an hour to get it towed again. This is unreal!
I’m gonna guess you have a short somewhere that is hard to track down. Rodent damage perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I’m gonna guess you have a short somewhere that is hard to track down. Rodent damage perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it could be a short but I don't think it is rodent related. My garage is very clean and sealed tight. I have never seen any rodent droppings or even a rodent running around since I have been here and that is going on 4 years. I bought the car in October/November of last year and got 451 miles on it before I stored it December 1st and didn't take it out of storage until like May/June. When stored, it was in a Car Capsule so there was no way for a rodent to get in there during storage and I have my garage littered with mouse traps and dryer sheets as extra precaution.

Whatever it is, it is BS and since it is electrical in nature, it could be one of a thousand different things and now I don't even trust the car. In one week I have been left stranded twice, costing me 7 hours of time, a paid gym class, work I was supposed to get done on a Saturday night, and an Uber ride and cost. I have a 2007 Honda Pilot with well over 200,000 miles on it that is probably worth about $1,000.00 that has never left me stranded so having a near $100k car with less than 1,500 miles on it leaving me stranded twice in a week is very concerning.

I am going to educate myself on Lemon Law rules cause this ain't looking to good. I sent @DodgeCares a message so we will see what happens.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I feel you JJcole23, I live in AK and she gets parked and stored for around 6 months in the winter in our heated shop if we have room, otherwise in cold storage in the same building if a project is going on that would put the car at risk of damage. No shame in protecting your investment!! I wish you well in getting to the bottom of your troubles. As mentioned check your battery connections and then work on those codes, bet you’ll find an answer. One electronic code/issue can cause some pretty crazy stuff these days. My son’s 2019 GMC Diesel Denali started throwing codes at 5 months out of dealership and is in the shop now. All apparently connected... Hood ajar light, left blinker mirror light not working, if lock the doors, alarm goes off randomly at any time, remote start disabled, it goes on...
Thanks for the post and well wishes. Unfortunately, I took it out today since coming back "fixed" from the dealer and within 10 minutes, I was once again stranded in a parking lot with all the same issues.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
UPDATE!!!! First and foremost...thanks to all the replied! Your input was greatly appreciated. So, in short, the dealer had to replace the pedal sensor and crank sensor. I am going to post a new post everything the tech wrote as maybe it will help others.
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE - I took the car out today and within the first 10 minutes, I was stranded in a parking lot with all the same issues and codes, just like last week. Unreal.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Hello JJcole23,
We have followed up to Twitter messages. Please feel free to send us a direct message if you would like us to look into this further.

Lamar
DodgeCares
Hey Lamar - just took the car out for the first time since it came back from the dealer "fixed" and within 10 minutes, I was stranded in another parking lot with a $100k car with less than 1,500 miles on it. That is two times in about a week and now I don't even trust the car anymore to even take it out. I have lost 7 hours of my time in addition. This is not cool.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
204 Posts
Tell the dealership to come a fetch it by flat deck from your location. Don't drive it. Refuse to drive it.
It's a machine, and they will find the fault. Don't beat yourself up about it - stay cool, stay firm, stay focussed on the goal of having a reliable car. Make them understand that, or invoke the lemon law ( which we do not have here in Canada unfortunately ).
You might even insist on a loaner - a new car, not some "pre-owned" POS.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,221 Posts
I will for sure. I am hoping some people with some knowledge about things like this can give me some insight into what the issue may be. As for the dealership being able to raise the car, I would sure hope they could figure it out. It only dropped about an inch and they could use ramps to get it up higher to slide the supports underneath but we will see.

I sent @DodgeCares a couple of tweets about what happened. Hopefully they are responsive and actually care.
Lol @DodgeCares chimed in on ome of my posts months ago about my Uconnect. I sent them the requested info, and they "opened a claim for me". They said someone would contact me and have not MONTHS later.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but wouldn't hang my hat on @DodgeCares (or more appropriately: @DodgeIsApathetic)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Tell the dealership to come a fetch it by flat deck from your location. Don't drive it. Refuse to drive it.
It's a machine, and they will find the fault. Don't beat yourself up about it - stay cool, stay firm, stay focussed on the goal of having a reliable car. Make them understand that, or invoke the lemon law ( which we do not have here in Canada unfortunately ).
You might even insist on a loaner - a new car, not some "pre-owned" POS.
Thanks for the post SRK.

I did exactly that. I had to sit in another parking lot for nearly 2 hours before it was towed but it was towed on a flatbed. Of course, when it was up on the flatbed and sitting in the sun, I noticed a small scratch on the driver's side door. I am meticulous with the car and never saw this before so I am almost certain it happened at the dealership when it was getting repaired, but of course, I can't prove that and they will never own it unless I can prove it. This is just one more reason this whole thing pisses me off. Now my car is in a place where I can't see what is happening to it and people just don't give a damn. Now I have a small scratch on my door!!!

I already looked into Lemon Law criteria and if the car ever meets that, I will definitely invoke it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Lol @DodgeCares chimed in on ome of my posts months ago about my Uconnect. I sent them the requested info, and they "opened a claim for me". They said someone would contact me and have not MONTHS later.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but wouldn't hang my hat on @DodgeCares (or more appropriately: @DodgeIsApathetic)
Sadly, this doesn't surprise me. @DodgeCares responded to my post and said I could send them a direct message which I did but I too haven't received a response yet. I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Refresh my memory. What was the fix? Doesntcare is all fluff. Hope like hell I never need them.
Well, the fix was supposedly replacing an accelerator and crankshaft sensor but the first time I took it out since I got it back, it stalled on me with all the same issues and codes as last time within 10 minutes, leaving me stranded in another parking lot for hours. In addition, before I left my house, I noticed that suddenly my USB post within the console wouldn't work properly when trying to connect my iPod like I had done 50 times before. Clearly this thing has some electrical problems and since that type of problem could be one of a thousand different things, I have no trust in this car now. All I know is I have taken it out twice in 8 days and ended up stranded in parking lots for a cumulative 8 hours and needed my car towed.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,542 Posts
Well, that is unfortunate.

Obviously you will have to take the car back for further investigation. If the car is new be sure you research lemon law in your state and build a case for just in case. Better to have the case and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Man sorry to hear this. Keep at it to solve and help us all. Dealer name again?
I purchased the car at Fred Martin in Barberton, OH, which is about an hour and 15 minutes away from me. That is where I purchased my previous HC and 392 and I had no issues with those cars. The car is being serviced at Junction Auto in Chardon, OH at the recommendation of someone I trust. While I wanted to take it back to its home station for service, Fred Martin does not have the greatest service department from my experience.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Well, that is unfortunate.

Obviously you will have to take the car back for further investigation. If the car is new be sure you research lemon law in your state and build a case for just in case. Better to have the case and not need it rather than need it and not have it.
Agreed. I already looked into the Lemon Law criteria and it is well on its way. It this same issue happens one more time in 6 months, it is eligible, or if it is down for another 3 weeks, it is eligible. What makes me nervous is will I get enough time in it to see if the problems have been fixed before the 1 year passes to be eligible for Lemon Law. Guess we will see.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts