SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
367 Posts
Please check your voltage when the car is running and report back. Voltage readings are in the SRT performance pages.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Please check your voltage when the car is running and report back. Voltage readings are in the SRT performance pages.
Okay. I will do that when I get the car back but I assume that when I get it back, it will initially read right. As I posted before from the tech's notes, the first time it was in for repair, the voltage read at like .3V rather than its required 4.95V. The tech took it for a test drive after replacing the crankshaft sensor and the volts were correct. I just recently talked to the GM at the dealership and he said that when the car got there yesterday on the flatbed, when he started it, it sounded right and ran right even though the check engine light was on but he said that when he turned on the A/C, everything went crazy and the car essentially shutdown.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
204 Posts
JJ - in my first post I mentioned spurious codes, and it turns out the tech replaced the two sensors those codes identified. No change. The sensors are affected by something "further on up the road". If an O2 sensor pegged at .9 volts indicating a rich condition, would changing the O2 sensor help? No, the sensor is simply reporting a condition caused elsewhere. Same thing here.
So the GM starts the car and all is well until he turns on the AC, which is a big electrical consumer of volts and amps. And the engine shuts off. Now you are getting somewhere.
But stay focussed - ignore the scratch - deal with this issue.
And good luck.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
JJ - in my first post I mentioned spurious codes, and it turns out the tech replaced the two sensors those codes identified. No change. The sensors are affected by something "further on up the road". If an O2 sensor pegged at .9 volts indicating a rich condition, would changing the O2 sensor help? No, the sensor is simply reporting a condition caused elsewhere. Same thing here.
So the GM starts the car and all is well until he turns on the AC, which is a big electrical consumer of volts and amps. And the engine shuts off. Now you are getting somewhere.
But stay focussed - ignore the scratch - deal with this issue.
And good luck.
Thanks SRK. I am focused on the car getting right and earning my trust back. The scratch was just a mention as "one more thing" but the GM said he would have his body people look at it and fix it up which was cool of him. Just sitting back waiting to hear what is happening, hating someone else driving my car lol!

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
61 Posts
Thanks SRK. I am focused on the car getting right and earning my trust back. The scratch was just a mention as "one more thing" but the GM said he would have his body people look at it and fix it up which was cool of him. Just sitting back waiting to hear what is happening, hating someone else driving my car lol!
So, how does this story end?

Did they fix the car or did you invoke the Lemon Law?

I’m curious about one of the codes your car originally threw: U1428. Did the tech ever explain this one?

Thanks, and I’m hoping that everything turned out well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,439 Posts
What did Dodge diagnose the issue as?
So, how does this story end?

Did they fix the car or did you invoke the Lemon Law?

I’m curious about one of the codes your car originally threw: U1428. Did the tech ever explain this one?

Thanks, and I’m hoping that everything turned out well.
Diagnosis: Banana in the tail pipe.

OP traded immediately for a Ford Shelby 350R...and that engine blew. (They sold him another POS)

Now driving Prius....

"The End"

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
61 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,439 Posts
No one asked about your constipation
Of all the things you could have thought about your mind went straight to "Midnight Prison Play." :LOL:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,439 Posts
Unless you really like the view up there, you might want to remove the banana first…
Are you speaking from experience, or are you an amateur proctologist?

• Haha
Reactions: 2fast4u

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,439 Posts
That appears to be solely your obsession.

Code U1428 was my concern.

Perhaps, you could leave if you can’t address the topic.
What, no “snappy” comeback Goldfinger?

I think Code U knows I was making some light humor.

I also don’t think he hired you as his spokesman.

Lighten up dude. 😂

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,439 Posts
U1428

Did the tech ever explain this one?

Can anyone explain this one?

U1428

Is it detrimental or innocuous?

TIA
I got the secret emails from Dodge revealing the final analysis… but it was redacted.
Sorry bro.
Forensic analysis only reveals “ banana in the tail pipe”

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
61 Posts
Does anyone have experience with this code as it relates to a Hellcat?

In the meantime, I have found this generic answer:

U1428 Meaning
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the Transmission Control Module (TCM) receives an engine torque request from the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) over the Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus that does not change for the period of 1.0 second.

U1428 Possible Causes
Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)
Transmission Control Module harness is open or shorted
Transmission Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)

Possible Symptoms
Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)

81 - 99 of 99 Posts