SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All set to do front Z26 pads and rotors and rear pads.
Been stuck for an hour trying to remove tube with 13mm bolt (removed).from the firt corner.
AAAAARRRRGGGG! I cannot punch the tube out!
have watched numerous videos that it just punches out.
I am in NJ, and the pads are 3 years old, is it just rust like build up, do i have to punch harder?
Last thing i did was spray with a little rust penetrating spray and I am writing as I am waiting for it to help.

Am I misssing something, the 13mm bolt is out the pins are out, it will not move!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, that I can do!
thanks for the help on the holiday weekend! :coffee:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Lil penetrating oil, use a center punch on tapered end of pin. Should pop rite out with one or 2 taps

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh man, almost 4 hours, been spraying, and banging with these as hard as i can in the space. No damn luck.
I also tried the vice grip but tapping didn't do it, and i couldn't get a good angle to hit it hard.
At this point i will keep spraying and trying, but I am faced with putting the wheel back on and bringing to an indy.
:(

·
Registered
152 Posts
oh man, almost 4 hours, been spraying, and banging with these as hard as i can in the space. No damn luck.
I also tried the vice grip but tapping didn't do it, and i couldn't get a good angle to hit it hard.
At this point i will keep spraying and trying, but I am faced with putting the wheel back on and bringing to an indy.
:(

View attachment 546824
Just to make sure, you did remove the 13mm nut right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I’ll typically back the nut out, shortly before it comes off, then put my socket over the nut and tap lightly on it. Should move the bolt enough to loosen it up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ll typically back the nut out, shortly before it comes off, then put my socket over the nut and tap lightly on it. Should move the bolt enough to loosen it up.
thank you for the suggestion, I will put the bolt back in most of the way and hit it.
Not to hard though to protect the threads.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
That's really strange. Never seen that bolt so stuck. Nothing to it really. How many miles on those brakes?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I cant remember but can you take caliper off spindle and insert pads from bottom and then install pins?
wow, that is very creative!
Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DJW: you gott this resolved?
i saw that I had more pad left than I thought, so I put the wheel back on, planning on bringing the car to an Indy to change pads and rotors.
So, to answer, no, didn't get that pad retainer spindle out. (n)
Tried for 8 hours, lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts