SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Help please from a Hellcat rep or Dodge Rep

6457 65
Ordered and put deposit down in Oct 2014. Ordered with Sanford Florida Dodge. Seem like good guys. Last week get a call from salesman that my von changed to Vin.. good news right? Well it isn't. I was told by dealership and salesman that I could change my order even when it went to VIN status. There still isn't a build date. So the configuration in the system was just a holding spot. I was told by the salesman, " when it goes to VIN we will then review your configuration and make final changes then". Knowing this I have been floating and waiting almost 6 months until VIN status rather than driving dealership crazy and changing order multiple times. However, when they called they said " Chrysler has locked configuration down, they changed their policy, and you have to live with what is in the system and this order". This is 180 degrees from what I was told and after waiting almost 6 months I either have to accept a car I don't want or walk away. Is there anyone out there that can help? The vehicle does not have a build date and just got a VIN assigned. All i want to do is change to premium leather. A simple computer click. Anyone have any ideas? DODGE IF Anyone from SRT TEAM is listening can you help?

Darin
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Ordered and put deposit down in Oct 2014. Ordered with Sanford Florida Dodge. Seem like good guys. Last week get a call from salesman that my von changed to Vin.. good news right? Well it isn't. I was told by dealership and salesman that I could change my order even when it went to VIN status. There still isn't a build date. So the configuration in the system was just a holding spot. I was told by the salesman, " when it goes to VIN we will then review your configuration and make final changes then". Knowing this I have been floating and waiting almost 6 months until VIN status rather than driving dealership crazy and changing order multiple times. However, when they called they said " Chrysler has locked configuration down, they changed their policy, and you have to live with what is in the system and this order". This is 180 degrees from what I was told and after waiting almost 6 months I either have to accept a car I don't want or walk away. Is there anyone out there that can help? The vehicle does not have a build date and just got a VIN assigned. All i want to do is change to premium leather. A simple computer click. Anyone have any ideas? DODGE IF Anyone from SRT TEAM is listening can you help?

Darin
Once you hit VIN it's over , gotta wait

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Live with it as mine is locked also, better than not having a VIN like many here.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But the rules changed and no warning

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once you hit VIN it's over , gotta wait
Just because you have a hot product doesn't give you the right to treat your customer base wrong. I was lied to

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts

Darin
I would go see the owner/VP/GM and sit down with them and call the FCA rep together on speaker phone. There seems to be a difference of opinion in changing a VIN. Is everything else in order on your POC?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Live with it as mine is locked also, better than not having a VIN like many here.
U understand waiting my turn. I've been waiting almost 6 months. Getting a change in policy without notice is the issue. I would have changed things

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would go see the owner/VP/GM and sit down with them and call the FCA rep together on speaker phone. There seems to be a difference of opinion in changing a VIN. Is everything else in order on your POC?
I asked to talk to the GM. He said he called the Chrysler /Dodge Rep. He said no changes. I asked to talk w the Dodge Regional Rep. He is supposed to call tomorrow but the VP AT DEALER said he is just going to tell you what I told you. I am being told basically take it or leave it. They have admitted their policy changed without letting me know

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I asked to talk to the GM. He said he called the Chrysler /Dodge Rep. He said no changes. I asked to talk w the Dodge Regional Rep. He is supposed to call tomorrow but the VP AT DEALER said he is just going to tell you what I told you. I am being told basically take it or leave it. They have admitted their policy changed without letting me know
I need someone higher up w authority. Anyone know of someone?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everything else is right

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
596 Posts
For what's it's worth, I had my order changed after it got a VIN. It was in D1 status and my dealer said they had to call their SRT rep and they had to take it up the ladder a bit. Luckily my change was pretty benign... I decided to remove the Brass Monkey option because I want to do something else once I get my rims. No sense in paying for the option if I am going to change the rims out later.

Changes can be made... It's just a question of whether they want to make them and how those changes could effect your production schedule. This all happened last week and my estimated production date is the week of 4/20.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For what's it's worth, I had my order changed after it got a VIN. It was in D1 status and my dealer said they had to call their SRT rep and they had to take it up the ladder a bit. Luckily my change was pretty benign... I decided to remove the Brass Monkey option because I want to do something else once I get my rims. No sense in paying for the option if I am going to change the rims out later.

Changes can be made... It's just a question of whether they want to make them and how those changes could effect your production schedule. This all happened last week and my estimated production date is the week of 4/20.
Can you give me details. If you are uncomfortable here you can email me. [email protected] . Which dealer. Who was sales rep . Chrysler rep. Date. Etc

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Dak59RT.

Thanks for letting me know and appreciate if you could share more details for when I talk w regional rep tomorrow.

D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Simply correcting from base seats to black Laguna leather. ...and paying more...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the type of change is important. If you are changing from a more rare option to a more available option, then they may be more likely to let it through.
I am being told even the most benign changes aren't allowed. Nothing

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
135 Posts
Hey Darin, I'm not so sure the policy has changed. Ever since I've been buying MOPARs you could reconfigure your order in VON status as often as you like with no penalty. Once it turns into a VIN you are finished with very few exceptions. Either way I think you're stuck but why didn't you choose what you wanted in the previous 6 months? Not being critical, just curious.

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,253 Posts
You had 6 months to change your order !
You went with less seats probably with hopes of getting it built sooner than later. Yes it sucks but man up and if dodge and the dealer say that they cannot change it , then you have a choice to take it or leave it!
Sorry !

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Darin, I'm not so sure the policy has changed. Ever since I've been buying MOPARs you could reconfigure your order in VON status as often as you like with no penalty. Once it turns into a VIN you are finished with very few exceptions. Either way I think you're stuck but why didn't you choose what you wanted in the previous 6 months? Not being critical, just curious.
Because of what I was told. And that they'd review with me once gone to VIN. I WAS trying to be polite and not change things. Over the 6 months I went from jazzy blue to green to finally settle on black. Didn't want to be a nuisance

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You had 6 months to change your order !
You went with less seats probably with hopes of getting it built sooner than later. Yes it sucks but man up and if dodge and the dealer say that they cannot change it , then you have a choice to take it or leave it!
Sorry !
I did man up. Just inconsistent from dealer and Chrysler. Never wanted cheaper seats but didn't care because always knew they'd review with me later once changed to Vin

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Just because you have a hot product doesn't give you the right to treat your customer base wrong. I was lied to
Agreed but fact is you got a VIN and there's thousands who want one don't even have one yet and I'm only stating the fact that you can't change it once it hits VIN which I answered to one of your concerns. I never said it gives them the right to screw with you.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.