SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Black Betty...BamAlam!!!
Charger SRT Hellcat
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My car has been at dealer for over a week now with these two codes.
Went in for brake fluid change and had code 121b for an actuator, dealer ordered and installed. Now has the aforementioned codes. Dealer orders new pcm. Came in and installed, still has those codes!
Anyone know what they are and what could cause them? Tech says it just an internal communication error. Maybe a bad component, but doesn't know which one!.
I'm heading back out to track this weekend and would really like to get this straightened out!
Thank you for any help you could provide

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
34 Posts
Those codes are for lost communication with active exhaust valves. They are on the tailpipes in the back. The codes are for each one of the valves.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
34 Posts
I just found a star case that says they have issues for a pushed out terminal on a ten way connector for those exact codes.Tell the dealer to look up case number s1508000182 and they should be able to fix it.

·
Black Betty...BamAlam!!!
Charger SRT Hellcat
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, will get this info to dealer pronto!:)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,343 Posts
HB didn't Borla just put in a cat back exhaust on your car ?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
265 Posts
Anyone happen to have a picture of that plug?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
934 Posts
Thank you, will get this info to dealer pronto!:)
Was the connector they are talking about the problem? I have same code U113F replaced both exhaust valves service tech cleared code and it came back in 30 miles. I have the Zoomers cat back exhaust. Thanks Danny

·
Black Betty...BamAlam!!!
Charger SRT Hellcat
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, Borla put the exhaust on. It was the prototype vehicle for them.
Quite honestly, I don't know if the dealer ever figured what was wrong, but they got the light out and it stays off.
When my car went in the code said left exhaust valve, they ordered new and replaced, then they said that valves were switched side to side (looks to be almost impossible to do) and they really needed a new right valve, ordered that, installed, then said it needed a new ecu, replaced that. I finally got my car back three days later with no codes showing and no explanation on why they need her for the three days after ecu was installed.
I still think it was electrical plug issue and not a hardware issue. I know the mechanic doesn't like to see my car come in for work as I'm always wanting to know more info than the service writer can tell me so I go straight to the mech for the scoop. I guess insurance doesn't like that.
Then we all get spoken to.

·
Black Betty...BamAlam!!!
Charger SRT Hellcat
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My advice is to check the 10 pin connector near diff and the plugs on the valves themselves. There is an adjustment procedure for the valves as well. There were several threads when I had my issue.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Hi all,
My car has been at dealer for over a week now with these two codes.
Went in for brake fluid change and had code 121b for an actuator, dealer ordered and installed. Now has the aforementioned codes. Dealer orders new pcm. Came in and installed, still has those codes!
Anyone know what they are and what could cause them? Tech says it just an internal communication error. Maybe a bad component, but doesn't know which one!.
I'm heading back out to track this weekend and would really like to get this straightened out!
Thank you for any help you could provide
I just had Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust system put on and am getting code P121B which is the actuators,there are two of them they operate the active exhaust valves.
,I wish I could tell you how to reset them but I have been trying ever since I put these pipes on I reset them and wham 20 miles down the road it comes on again.Does anyone know why or how to get rid of that dummy light?Am I mistaken or is the P131B code for the right side of the exhaust?
Is there a procedure to fix this light problem,it's seems this is the only problem
car sounds and runs great,oh also I guess I should mention I have the 6 spd. manuel trans.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
934 Posts
I just had Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust system put on and am getting code P121B which is the actuators,there are two of them they operate the active exhaust valves.
,I wish I could tell you how to reset them but I have been trying ever since I put these pipes on I reset them and wham 20 miles down the road it comes on again.Does anyone know why or how to get rid of that dummy light?Am I mistaken or is the P131B code for the right side of the exhaust?
Is there a procedure to fix this light problem,it's seems this is the only problem
car sounds and runs great,oh also I guess I should mention I have the 6 spd. manuel trans.
Have you had the car tuned? If so your tuner can shut that code off, Which is what I did to mine. Hope this helps

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
883 Posts
When I had a new clutch they put in they forgot to plug them back in. It is forward of the rear muffler on top of pipe.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
176 Posts
After a couple thousand miles running Dynomax bullets my CEL came on today, code P121B. I can hear the valve when I slightly touch the throttle too. I’ll get under the car tomorrow and check the connections but has any one else experienced this code other than a disconnected wire harness? If so, what was the fix?

I understand the dealer most likely won’t cover mine because of mods so maybe replacing the actuator might work.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,778 Posts
After a couple thousand miles running Dynomax bullets my CEL came on today, code P121B. I can hear the valve when I slightly touch the throttle too. I’ll get under the car tomorrow and check the connections but has any one else experienced this code other than a disconnected wire harness? If so, what was the fix?

I understand the dealer most likely won’t cover mine because of mods so maybe replacing the actuator might work.
Have run the bullet mufflers for a whole summer - no codes yet.

I remember reading somewhere that greasing the actuators might help. But,unfortunately, I think that they a wear item - meaning that a lot of us might have to replace them at one point.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
934 Posts

I remember reading somewhere that greasing the actuators might help. But,unfortunately, I think that they a wear item - meaning that a lot of us might have to replace them at one point.
I put the Zoomers on mine and had the same issue, I changed both actuators like 2 times and kept getting the codes again. The solution was I had my tuner Tim Barth turn them off in the tune and been fine ever since. Hope this helps Danny

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
176 Posts

Yep. I made it through the Spring and Summer, 4K miles on the bullets without any codes until now. I’ll replace the actuators first then get with my tuner after.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
176 Posts
I put the Zoomers on mine and had the same issue, I changed both actuators like 2 times and kept getting the codes again. The solution was I had my tuner Tim Barth turn them off in the tune and been fine ever since. Hope this helps Danny
I’ll change them out for good measure and get with my tuner. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: Danny123

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,778 Posts
Yep. I made it through the Spring and Summer, 4K miles on the bullets without any codes until now. I’ll replace the actuators first then get with my tuner after.
Do we know what causes the actual failure of the actuator(s)?

Seems to me that, regardless of the style of mid-mufflers, that they will eventually fail :(

FYI, I did 12,000km (~7500 miles) last year without any signs... yet :) Maybe a DD helps to keep them 'clean'.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts