SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Durango SRT
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you may know I am looking to buy a new/used trackhawk...unfortunately in AR they are hard to find.

Fort Smith got a used 2018 w/ 9.7k miles. They gave me the autocheck which didn't really add up so I spent 40bucks on a Carfax.

What I learned is that it originated in Georgia as a personal vehicle and then was sold at appx 9.4k miles

IT WAS SOLD BACK TO FCA for what reads on report:

Vehicle was reacquired by the manufacturer pursuant to applicable state consumer warranty laws or to promote customer satisfaction. Reason provided: FOUL SMELL IN PASSENGER COMPARTMENT

what the heck does that mean?

Could I call SRT or JEEP or FCA to try and figure out?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,326 Posts
Means that there was an odor coming from somewhere when it was new that they couldnt pinpoint and FCA bought it back for fair market value because of it. Super rare actually. Normally this would be a lemon law buyback, but in this case it was probably done as a gesture from FCA to keep the peace. If it were actually a lemon law buyback the title would be branded as such and you would have to be notified by law by the selling dealer. I dont think odors qualify for lemon law buy backs though because it’s not mechanically related.

·
Registered
Durango SRT
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think it is means for a further discounted price? They are adding 76k for a 18 with 9kmiles

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
229 Posts
Do you think it is means for a further discounted price? They are adding 76k for a 18 with 9kmiles

It's really important for people to list the options/MSRP when asking if an used model is priced correctly. The options on a TH can vary the price up to ~$15k.

My guess is if you shop around you can find a fair priced model without being concerned about it being bought back.

·
Registered
Durango SRT
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's really important for people to list the options/MSRP when asking if an used model is priced correctly. The options on a TH can vary the price up to ~$15k.

My guess is if you shop around you can find a fair priced model without being concerned about it being bought back.
Charcoal grey, laguna/hk, pano roof, trailering pkg

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
229 Posts
Charcoal grey, laguna/hk, pano roof, trailering pkg

That's on the high side imo - trade in is probably high 60k.
I paid 77k for a 100k MSRP with 7k miles one year ago and no concerns about some weird smell.

·
Registered
Durango SRT
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's on the high side imo - trade in is probably high 60k.
I paid 77k for a 100k MSRP with 7k miles one year ago and no concerns about some weird smell.
Thank you that's helpful

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
34 Posts
Good grief I paid 75k for black/red completely tilted out minus only the TVs in headrest. 2019 with 1800 miles.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
18 Posts
Vehicle was reacquired by the manufacturer pursuant to applicable state consumer warranty laws or to promote customer satisfaction. Reason provided: FOUL SMELL IN PASSENGER COMPARTMENT

what the heck does that mean?

Could I call SRT or JEEP or FCA to try and figure out?
I bought my TH in Spokane - I live in Tucson (about a 1600 mile trip). About halfway back, I stopped at a foul smelling restroom. After a while I noticed a smell. I attributed it to tracking it from a nasty restroom floor. I thought it would disipate after a few days. Not a chance. It smelled like a cross between, new car smell, fried chicken, and urine.

Anyway, a year and a half later I replaced my cabin filter with a charcoal cabin filter and I also stuck a baking soda box under the driver's seat. The smell left after a few days. It's been about 6 months since - no smell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts