SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is an oil stain that is shown in the picture, although no check-engine sign is appearing on the dashboard, and I'm really worried about it so can someone tell me what is the problem here?

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,552 Posts
there is an oil stain that is shown in the picture, although no check-engine sign is appearing on the dashboard, and I'm really worried about it so can someone tell me what is the problem here?
an oil leak of some kind

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,982 Posts
PCV connection?
Recheck that it is fully connected?
Add Catch Can (at least you will have new hose)?

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,982 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I wouldn't even classify that as a leak really. More of just some of the oil/vapor that is collecting some dust from driving that is collecting there. Just make sure its all seated and clean it up, nothing really to get worked up over

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
792 Posts
Cumon Maaaaaaaan....oil.stain on your finger maybe after wiping off that soot.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,604 Posts
Kind of looks dirty.
Some basic info to do, wipe the oil stain off, check your oil level and if all good drive and check again to see if it the oil stain reappears.

There is much information to be found and answered on this forum for the care of your Hellcat and it will need care.

Welcome to HC.org!
Congrats on owning a Fasssst Fun Car!:cool:

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
754 Posts
Take it to the Dealer. Their recommendation....

Step 1 - Remove Engine
Step 2 - .....

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,401 Posts
Find a microfiber towel you can dedicate to that side and the driver side one. Wipe it off...

Imagine what the inside of your supercharger looks like

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,343 Posts
Check Engine light is not the Wizard of Oz. My point being relying on Check Engine lights has become an epidemic. There are only so many sensors to go around before you actually have to diagnose a possible issue without the Wizard.
And then there’s common sense. To me that’s just soot buildup/possible PCV grommet sweating a bit. Wipe it down and keep an eye on it. Thats certainly not big enough to be low on oil or cause issues yet. If you look all over your engine you’ll prob find more than one connection sweating similar to that.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,982 Posts
Well, there you go. :D
Answers and sarcasm.:rolleyes::eek:
Hope some of it works.:cool:
Good luck.:)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
949 Posts
Another question. I have some dirty little engine spots around hose fittings. I am going to the do it your self car wash,, open the hood and blast away. back in the day we would keep the engine running for water entering the rotary cap to help from saturation. Now days do I need to keep the engine running or not. Cover the air filter of course

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,604 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,552 Posts
Another question. I have some dirty little engine spots around hose fittings. I am going to the do it your self car wash,, open the hood and blast away. back in the day we would keep the engine running for water entering the rotary cap to help from saturation. Now days do I need to keep the engine running or not. Cover the air filter of course
It is highly recommended to maintain 4500 rpm while at the do it yer self wash...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,552 Posts
I've been doing mine at 5200 RPM...am I doing it wrong?
Last time somebody asked me that...I was at my junior prom...didn't have the heart to tell the poor girl she was doin it wrong...ill give you the same advice...slow it down...lol

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,982 Posts
Back in the day, I would pop the cap (distributor), spray WD-40, pack rags into the carburetor, and clean. Never had any problems.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts