SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,300 Posts
You def dont want breaks lol.
You def do want brakes.

Power Stop Z23 if you don't want to take it to the strip. No dust, work well.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
493 Posts
I believe concentric has rotors in the $200 range, then use z23 or z26 pads. Cheap and work great, no dust. z26 have metal backing plate, is only difference I think.
Thats about as cheap as I would go and won't brake your bank account like oem parts.

@Slowpoke387 😀

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
60 Posts
*I personally want all the breaks I can get.

What's driving you to "need brakes"? Stopping power is down? Pads are worn to x thickness? Rotors are worn through?

I'm at 55k miles on my 2015 SRT and I replaced the brake pads myself around 50k miles due to the pad thickness being very low (about 1/8 of an inch, the new ones were over a half an inch thick, I'm describing this as ballpark thicknesses), sourced them (OEM) from a guy that goes by Kolak (extremely reputable, and for me at least always the cheapest source for OEM parts). The pads on these brembos are extremely easy to change out. I don't care about the brake dust, I want them to stop as designed. I forget exactly where, but I read that if the slots in the rotors are still there, you have not reached the minimum rotor thickness, so I just cleaned mine extremely well and replaced the pads and keep on truckin.

Hope this makes sense, I'm in a hurry and love run-on sentences

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,745 Posts
I’ve tried the Z26 and was dissapointed with performance. Low dust isn’t everything to me. I finally tried Stop Tech “street” pads and love them. All the OE Brembo bite and low dust to boot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts