SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Here is my socket for my hellcat lug nuts

13500 Views 72 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  SRT_HC_707
is a astro got the set from Matco tools. Was 55 for 5 sockets part number 7835

Astro pneumatic tool company
Green Product Finger Nail
Green Finger Hand Footwear Thumb
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
is a astro got the set from Matco tools. Was 55 for 5 sockets part number 7835

Astro pneumatic tool company View attachment 4901 View attachment 4902
I've got the same exact socket (the set). The outer plastic shield cracks easily (don't drop them) and the inner plastic insert starts to fall out after time. They do the job but quality is sub par IMO. I realize it's Astro. Get what you pay for.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
I went with McGard nuts. They are black chrome. Here is a photo comparing the OEM to McGard. I believe that they have the correct 60 degree taper. View attachment 8285
Getting the right taper/shape where the lugnut clamps down on the rim is important. If you have the wrong lugnut you will damage the rim over time and there is a good chance the lugnuts will start to backout as well. Don't need any Hellcats throwing wheels off! OMG no!

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Holy crap, 1 to 2 months!!!!

View attachment 8353
US Prime shipping 1 to 2 days...
Canada Prime shipping 1 to 2 months LOL

Search on Amazon for other 22mm sockets. There are a bunch. Has to be a vendor in Canada closer to you I would guess (or Amazon in CA stocking some other brand).

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Thanks for the link...just ordered!
Five sold since I posted the link. Amazon should give me a percentage LOL. I was smart enough to order mine BEFORE I posted the link.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Went down to the NAPA store yesterday, picked up a 7/8" deep well 1/2" drive, beautiful socket (one of the few I did not have), and some great wax, less than $40. Came home and checked the 7/8" works fine. Quit struggling with it guys. There is exactly 0.009" difference between 22mm and 7/8".
But did NAPA have the nice plastic lined sockets so you don't muck up your wheels. I just bought mine as an extra to leave in the car with a breaker bar. If I ever need it I can't be bothered with the toy tools that come from the factory.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
In about 48 hours from my post with the link Hellcat.org cleaned out the entire Amazon Prime stock of these sockets.... Amazon must be used to this stuff. It must be funny for the guy packing the boxes. All of a sudden he sees like a dozen orders for the same thing ;)

I do think Hellcat.org should be getting a small percentage from Amazon ;)

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.