SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone Call HHP sales @ 1-888-894-1115 and ask how about the new AWE Exhaust Kits. Here is what I think!

I recently had my Hellcat down at HHP for the new AWE Tack Edition Exhaust to be installed! (Exciting!) Watching the guys as they were unpacking the kit I could see it was everything that is advertised. It's Handcrafted from full 3” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel, this is "Truly a work of Art"

I Trusted the Fact that [email protected] worked together with the Engineers at AWE.(A company who proudly designed, engineered and manufactures right here in the USA.) to not only bring the "Best Sounding Exhaust on the Planet" but also with Josh's experience and knowledge of the modern Hemi, I got the Best fitting aftermarket Exhaust Kit for my Hellcat on the Planet!
The AWE has been engineered to clear aftermarket mods. I watched how the install easily went past the already installed Driveshaft Shop Aluminum driveshaft and also the Per4mance Development Diff Brace! I think this kit is a "Smart Part" to add. If I ever decide to go with a DSS 9" conversion I won't have to worry about the AWE exhaust not fitting or having to hack a kit up to make it work.

Let me tell you about the Sound! Holy Hellcat What a Great way to start my day!
My grandson and I love the morning cold start! Brandon always covers his ears as I remotely start my Hellcat "Boom" we then get in and roar off to his school. We both laugh and giggle on the way. As we arrive he really loves that my Hellcat gets noticed from the other kids and parents while being dropped off at school and so do I!
The other day I came out from shopping and I see this guy in his car preoccupied with his cell, so for fun I remotely started my Charger. I see him jump in his seat and then he instantly smiles as he looks at what is parked next to him. As I start driving away I see him as he gets out of his car still smiling and watches as my car drives away.

OEM is OK........I Highly recommend the AWE Exhaust above all other Kits.
I've heard a lot of different Mopar after market exhaust kits at the track, Hemi car shows and on the streets. The AWE exhaust for sound Beats all others for the Best sound ever! It has a precision-engineered H-pipe featured in all versions for a deep, rich tone like that old school muscle car sound we're all after.
I was also really happy to know the kit has a Lifetime warranty and even a 1 year on the tip finishes.
Oh the Tip options include OE, and dual 4.5” slash cut tips in chrome silver or diamond black. I chose the Chrome silver to go along with my HHP Ultralite Wheels!

I love Driving my Hellcat even more now with the AWE exhaust makes "All The Fassst Fun" Sound the way that it should!

Linda :)

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
I agree that it does look like a well designed, quality exhaust system and the exhaust tips fit the valance cutouts perfectly. Very nice. I also noticed that the crossover is an H-pipe design versus the factory X-pipe design. That looks like an awesome shop to hang out at with all of those nice cars all over the place! :D

Exhaust sound is very difficult to fully grasp without hearing it in person due to how it's recorded and again how it's reproduced on a device due to speaker quality. My opinion: The way I heard it on my computer made it sound a little too raspy for my taste.

Assuming it's over $1,000 it seems like it would be a tough sale when the stock Hellcat exhaust is 2.75", not much of a power constraint, and sounds pretty good. I'm curious, how much did the new exhaust system cost you? I'm assuming you got a very good discount as an HHP spokesperson or you're sponsored by them.

Again, very nice exhaust system and thank you for sharing with us. (y)

Dean

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@LOVEAZ Thanks. I really Love the Sound!!

There are simulators plates with the kit.

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
512 Posts
We have a lot of these kits in stock and are still shipping! If you're interested in ordering them or just seeing some more technical info on them, hit this link below:
Here are some great videos direct from AWE

Touring Edition (resonated):

Touring Edition (non resonated):

Track Edition:

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
512 Posts
These are 3" kits, so there is indeed a power gain. Check out the bone stock before and after dyno sheets:

Thanks for the write up Linda. My track edition should be here tomorrow

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
427 Posts
Are these sheets with cats or deletes?

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the write up Linda. My track edition should be here tomorrow
That's Awesome Sumit! Your tracks are still open right?
I can't wait for our to be open! I can't wait until I can get to go to track for some T&T Time!

I hope to see your post for results at the Track!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
I'm curious, how much did the new exhaust system cost you? I'm assuming you got a very good discount as an HHP spokesperson or you're sponsored by them.
Linda,
Maybe you missed this question in my long post above so here it is all by itself.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I agree that it does look like a well designed, quality exhaust system and the exhaust tips fit the valance cutouts perfectly. Very nice. I also noticed that the crossover is an H-pipe design versus the factory X-pipe design. That looks like an awesome shop to hang out at with all of those nice cars all over the place! :D

Exhaust sound is very difficult to fully grasp without hearing it in person due to how it's recorded and again how it's reproduced on a device due to speaker quality. My opinion: The way I heard it on my computer made it sound a little too raspy for my taste.

Assuming it's over $1,000 it seems like it would be a tough sale when the stock Hellcat exhaust is 2.75", not much of a power constraint, and sounds pretty good. I'm curious, how much did the new exhaust system cost you? I'm assuming you got a very good discount as an HHP spokesperson or you're sponsored by them.

Again, very nice exhaust system and thank you for sharing with us. (y)

Dean
Haha I didn't miss your question and I get your point.

I work and our company is an essential business, with a letter from the Secretary of Defense hanging on our door to stay open to supply our customers. It has become very busy and I haven't been on too much today. I was going to give you a short answer but now it is the long one.

I am not sponsored by HHP. I am a long time Loyal customer of [email protected] my Trusting him even before the Hellcats. I pay my invoice just like you would.

Since you have only been around 9 months here is some info for you.

My husband ( Rip) was a business owner that loved R&D. John set many Goals for Josh to accomplish with his Hellcat and mine too!
The Loyalty and Trust for each other grew stronger each and every track time we were together. In 2015 that was 3 Xs a week for months on end going to the track for T&T + R&D of parts and the calibration of Tuning for Diablo. We traveled from Pa down to HHP picked up Josh so he could continue working for his other customers on his Lap Top on the way to Cecil County Dragway!

John/ @Top Cat had goals that he pushed for and he would post up on here all the results from the track, so everyone could have the same knowledge.

John paid for the parts and Josh's Time made it a 2 way street !

You have no idea what it is like for me to think back on that time. To know how much Fun my husband was having "Living his dream" with R&D at the track, in the HHP garage and he brought me right along too!

So Yes I am still the same Loyal customer and the Trust I have for [email protected] is still going strong. My husband was very proud of Josh and what they accomplished together. John asked me to continue to post up information for the members on here. Also to keep having Josh T&T and R&D with his Hellcat Challenger, so more parts could be brought to market.

You also have to realize I have not added a lot of mods to my Hellcat since 2016 and anything that is new there usually is a reason why I do. I do Drag race in the Hemirace.com series and when I get a chance I like to T&T at Cecil County Dragway.

The link to the cost of the Awe Exhausts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
427 Posts
Well Linda,
That was a pretty good explanation. I always assumed you were involved with HHP but never knew the connection. That was a great responce.
Back to the exhaust, do you have headers or catless downpipes on your car?
If you have cats, have they tested the exhaust with headers or catless downpipes, or when they do, can they post a video clip?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
Thank you Linda. I appreciate the back story. It's a great one and I can tell you're very passionate about your car and the people around you. That's awesome. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your husband Top Cat. I'm sure he's proud that you're continuing with the foundation he set with the R&D for our Hellcats. We all are. It helps all of us go fassssst! ;)

Not even close to the same level as you, Top Cat and Josh, but I can relate to some of the R&D stuff. I had a 1989 Mustang GT that I bought new and modified for nearly the entire 30 years I owned it. I had a guy (tuner & dyno operator) that liked "experimenting" with stuff on my car. It was a fun experience with him and his ideas. I've been modifying, racing, breaking, fixing my cars for nearly all of my adult life. It's a viscous addiction and is expensive at times but I really enjoy the hobby and the people I meet at the track that share the same passion.

The title of the thread and first sentence of your first post makes it sound like a for-sale ad that should be in the Marketplace or in the Vendor section for HHP. To me it's basically a sales pitch for HHP. It's just my opinion but for some reason it rubs me the wrong way. I hope it's ok to have my own opinion and share it just like you did.

Lastly, I enjoy the forum and learning from you and all the others that have shared so much information about their Hellcats. You can look up my threads & posts which show I'm trying to be a good contributor also. I might be repeating some information because the Hellcat has been out for several years but I enjoy sharing my information too.

Dean

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
Bone stock pulls overlayed with just the exhaust changed. No tuning, no other modifications.
It's really great that you provide the real data for before & after. I like that you did the before & after dyno comparisons on multiple models because not all models will show the same improvements, especially when comparing naturally aspirated and forced induction.

I know that back in the day during the earlier stages of the 5.0 Foxbody era, many companies made crazy horsepower claims that would only be possible if other supporting modifications were made. There was a lot of shadiness back then.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's really great that you provide the real data for before & after. I like that you did the before & after dyno comparisons on multiple models because not all models will show the same improvements, especially when comparing naturally aspirated and forced induction.

I know that back in the day during the earlier stages of the 5.0 Foxbody era, many companies made crazy horsepower claims that would only be possible if other supporting modifications were made. There was a lot of shadiness back then.

I'm glad you understand why I do promote Tuning, Builds and Parts from [email protected] Horse Performance.
My husband was involved with several Hemi Race cars projects at different Speed shops and also part builders believe me the the thieves are still out there!

Click on the Link and read what Josh has to say about his Veteran owned and operated Company!
He is true to his word.

Also I have pushed many products from many different supporting vendors on here and I really like it when their products are on the HHP web-site.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well Linda,
That was a pretty good explanation. I always assumed you were involved with HHP but never knew the connection. That was a great responce.
Back to the exhaust, do you have headers or catless downpipes on your car?
If you have cats, have they tested the exhaust with headers or catless downpipes, or when they do, can they post a video clip?
Thank you @GreenMachine15 .

My Hellcat when it is set up in "Race Trim" for Dragracing it has catless mid pipes because I use Q16.
Once in Race Trim it stays that way until NOV and then I have it changed back to "Street Trim"
When my husband was alive he would switch back and forth for me.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Agree with Linda and after researching that exhaust system. Decided to buy the exhaust, headers and catless mids from HHP.

Can not wait for this car to be tuned and hear that exhaust note!

Items Ordered:price:Status:
$67.00Processing
$1,295.00Processing
$1,847.65Processing

1 - 20 of 61 Posts