SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,922 Posts
I missed that the first time. I'm sorry about that. I should have read your previous post again before my last post. Can you forgive me please? :confused:

To anyone,
On a stock Hellcat, wouldn't there be a much greater horsepower increase by adding bigger long tube headers & cat-less mid-pipe versus upgrading the cat-back exhaust system with 3" pipe? In other words, which mod would definitely add more power: upgrading to long tube headers & cat-less midpipe or upgrading the cat-back exhaust system?
LTH headers/cat less pipe would bring little power but gain vs money is not there on stock setup. Plus you need to tune those so you would need unlock pcm etc

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,108 Posts
True, I only did a cat delete for $268, guessing $26 a horsepower. Mostly for a little sound.
Headers, midpipes, exhaust is roughly $3k for about 30 or 40 horsepower, right?
Guessing $75+ a horsepower.
Expensive mod for little gain, some cars are running 9s with stock exhaust and air box if I remember correctly...
The best advice will come from a tuner that has seen the disappointment in customers eyes after they gain very little from a $3k mod. As I stated before, I think exhaust is icing on the cake when your looking for that last little bit.

Reactions: Dman007

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
"I’m not being rude asking if a raving review is a paid advertising. AWE contacted me also but I didn’t want to be the guinea pig. “Best sounding exhaust on the planet” is a pretty big claim. Knowing it was exchanged in an agreement to promote is an important disclosure. I’m sure Linda is a well respected member and I apologize if my question offends anyone."

AWE Is a Supporting Vendor on Here and I recently found out they are located here in Pa about 10 mins from My Home. Once the Virus has is settled down I am going to visit their shop!:cool:

I knew for quite sometime [email protected] was working with Engineering Experts for Exhausts and he was involved helping with the design to fit with our Hemi's.

There would be nothing "Guinea Pig" about this.

Interesting you were contacted and you didn't want to be a "Guinea Pig":oops:

Funny that you don't know "The Best Sounding Exhausts on the Planet" is AWE's Motto, I used it and I think it's True!

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/presenting-the-awe-exhaust-suite-for-the-15-dodge-challenger.240399/#post-4279893
https://www.hellcat.org/threads/presenting-the-awe-exhaust-suite-for-the-15-dodge-charger.240398/#post-4279883

Linda :)

@White Trash another one for you ?

·
Registered
319 Posts
every part is in that car from HHP too ??

my track edition exhaust (I’ll be using OEM tips) came on Friday evening. But I’ve not installed it yet.

they mark every pipe so you know if it goes on driver or passenger side. It removes guessing game from DIY.

View attachment 552091 View attachment 552092
Dang it Summit! I was supposed to the first person in Atlanta with that exhaust! lol

Reactions: sgoyal

·
Registered
319 Posts
I missed that the first time. I'm sorry about that. I should have read your previous post again before my last post. Can you forgive me please? :confused:

To anyone,
On a stock Hellcat, wouldn't there be a much greater horsepower increase by adding bigger long tube headers & cat-less mid-pipe versus upgrading the cat-back exhaust system with 3" pipe? In other words, which mod would definitely add more power: upgrading to long tube headers & cat-less midpipe or upgrading the cat-back exhaust system?
You are correct and I ordered long tube (Kooks) and catted mids and AWS exhaust from HHP. This entire system should work really well.

·
BMF
4,435 Posts
I have been doing some reconnaissance on this company
They seem to be ahead of the curve in design technology
Not sure how much Better than say Corsa? What is Better?
Sound? Looks? Cost? Ease of Installation?

·
Registered
319 Posts
What about just performance?

·
Registered
39 Posts
AWE Is a Supporting Vendor on Here and I recently found out they are located here in Pa about 10 mins from My Home. Once the Virus has is settled down I am going to visit their shop!:cool:

I knew for quite sometime [email protected] was working with Engineering Experts for Exhausts and he was involved helping with the design to fit with our Hemi's.

There would be nothing "Guinea Pig" about this.

Interesting you were contacted and you didn't want to be a "Guinea Pig":oops:

Funny that you don't know "The Best Sounding Exhausts on the Planet" is AWE's Motto, I used it and I think it's True!

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/presenting-the-awe-exhaust-suite-for-the-15-dodge-challenger.240399/#post-4279893
https://www.hellcat.org/threads/presenting-the-awe-exhaust-suite-for-the-15-dodge-charger.240398/#post-4279883

@White Trash another one for you ?
i have a factory warranty to consider so that was my logic.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I have been doing some reconnaissance on this company
They seem to be ahead of the curve in design technology
Not sure how much Better than say Corsa? What is Better?
Sound? Looks? Cost? Ease of Installation?
George, the sound is subjective to a personal preference. Looks? All the High end systems are very similar looking and well built.

The AWE Wins when it comes to cost, ease of installation and additional clearance around the larger aftermarket driveshafts and rear ends.
With over 900 RWHP when Drag Racing of course I purchased the AWE Track Version Exhaust.

Oh and @Catmare the compensation I received was I now have "The Best Sounding Exhaust on the Planet":cool::D
My Hellcat and my Husbands were the 1st test cars for the Diablo Tuning. Our warranties were gone with the 1/4 mile smoke! ;)

When this Virus settles down I will post Track results.

But I think @sgoyal may be able to do that sooner!

·
BMF
4,435 Posts
Linda
Will it work on a Demon? No Codes? Plug n Play?

Reactions: Linda's Hell Cat

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Linda
Will it work on a Demon? No Codes? Plug n Play?
The exhaust is fairly new to the market and I know they are on Hellcats Challengers and Chargers, Redeyes and even a Daytona. The Demon should be the same and Plug n Play. Right now they are also being sold exclusively by HHP.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,922 Posts
I know lots of guy looking for information and here’s the installation information that I found very useful.

I’ll let you guys read thru and there are 2 minor things that I wish they did little differently however I’m modified so didn’t bother me,

on top of that, we noticed that I would save around 14-16lbs instead of 10lbs they mentioned with track edition.

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
566 Posts
I'll chime in and also add; when our techs installed the first couple of kits they too noted the ease of installation in particular. If you guys aren't familiar with AWE as a brand I'd recommend doing a deeper dive into their history. They certainly aren't new to the performance world in general, nor the exhaust side of things for a multitude of very specific high performance applications.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thank you for sharing Summit. Can not wait to get mine delivered, installed and car re-tuned because I added long tube headers with the AWS.

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
566 Posts
Does the installation effect the HC factory warranty?
In theory a cat-back never should. It would be ultimately be dependent on your local dealer, but they'd have to be VERY particular to try and say something like this would void a warranty.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts