SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Nice exhaust for sure?. Best sounding? Maybe. Im partial to my Borla ATAK on my M6. The pops and burbles on decel and even between gear changes are hard to beat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
61 Posts
every part is in that car from HHP too ??

my track edition exhaust (I’ll be using OEM tips) came on Friday evening. But I’ve not installed it yet.

they mark every pipe so you know if it goes on driver or passenger side. It removes guessing game from DIY.

View attachment 552091 View attachment 552092
Hmmm......Not sure about the welds.....missing a little filler and has built in stress risers

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
What are you looking for ?
Checkout this thread or call HHP @18888941115

@sgoyal has plenty of experience to answer your questions too.
Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,700 Posts
I really want this exhaust! Resonated touring! I’ve been listening to a ton of clips online and this one sounds the best by far.
Couldnt agree more. If the taxman didnt put my wallet in a vice Id be ordering. sigh.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Update: Kooks headers, catless mid pipes and AWE Exhaust parts have been delivered. Dropped the car off and we are tuning on Friday.
Fingers crossed, no issues with the car and we are racing Friday night and Saturday morning! Race filled weekend.

And I asked Allpar Garage to take some videos of the exhaust note (before and after). Then I will post some ET numbers. Here are last week's 1/4 times:

Silver Dollar 4.18.20.png

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Be sure to get some boost numbers before and after the install. Some say boost will drop with headers others say no.

Reactions: Dman007

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
341 Posts
Be sure to get some boost numbers before and after the install. Some say boost will drop with headers others say no.
If the headers remove a restriction, boost will drop. Boost is just a measure of how much restriction there is. As flow of the induction and exhaust are improved, the restrictions are removed and boost pressure will drop, but the blower is still moving the exact same mass of air.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
254 Posts
Hi Linda,

Hope all is well with you and your family. Would be curious which header and mid-pipe combo you and HHP would recommend with this exhaust? I wanted to get shorty headers (JBA) as I have my car lowered and planned to get some mid pipes with high flow cats. any advice will be greatly appreciated :) from you or the rest of the folks on the forum :)

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
Hi Linda,

Hope all is well with you and your family. Would be curious which header and mid-pipe combo you and HHP would recommend with this exhaust? I wanted to get shorty headers (JBA) as I have my car lowered and planned to get some mid pipes with high flow cats. any advice will be greatly appreciated :) from you or the rest of the folks on the forum :)
Hi @sinister707 Thank you, I am doing well and staying safe.
I asked for @HighHorseman to come in for help with this question.

Take Care
Linda :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the AWE Touring Non-Res** on my '19 Redeye, and absolutely love it.

**Full disclosure... AWE offered me the exhaust in exchange for using my Redeye for their promos/vids/clips. The B5 Blue vehicle you see in their pics and YouTube clips is my car. I consider myself lucky to have had that opportunity, and love the results. I've had it about 2 months now, so I can share my impressions.

I had HEARD of AWE, mainly from the tuner/exotic market (McLaren's mainly) and was excited when I was told they were entering the muscle market. My previous non-OEM exhaust on my '11 SRT-8 was a Flowmaster, so I had a little frame-of-reference to use. My '16 Hellcat was never changed and never had enough "grunt" for my taste.

During the entire install/test process, I had access to tour their facilities in Horsham... the place is top-notch. Being able to walk down onto the production floor, watch their R&D folks at work, and see them install on other vehicles sold me. Their history is totally "American entrepreneur"-laced, and you could tell their staff cared.

I was excited to get her back... and the 90-minute ride home was heaven. Cold starting the car shakes the ground... wakes the neighbors, etc. On the highway, I was shocked as there was NO DRONE AT ALL. Not what I expected. AWE's R&D folks did a great job there. My Mustang friends with aftermarket exhausts now hate me. I'm ok with that.

Here's clip of a cold start (apologies, my son was filming):

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the AWE Touring Non-Res** on my '19 Redeye, and absolutely love it.

**Full disclosure... AWE offered me the exhaust in exchange for using my Redeye for their promos/vids/clips. The B5 Blue vehicle you see in their pics and YouTube clips is my car. I consider myself lucky to have had that opportunity, and love the results. I've had it about 2 months now, so I can share my impressions.

I had HEARD of AWE, mainly from the tuner/exotic market (McLaren's mainly) and was excited when I was told they were entering the muscle market. My previous non-OEM exhaust on my '11 SRT-8 was a Flowmaster, so I had a little frame-of-reference to use. My '16 Hellcat was never changed and never had enough "grunt" for my taste.

During the entire install/test process, I had access to tour their facilities in Horsham... the place is top-notch. Being able to walk down onto the production floor, watch their R&D folks at work, and see them install on other vehicles sold me. Their history is totally "American entrepreneur"-laced, and you could tell their staff cared.

I was excited to get her back... and the 90-minute ride home was heaven. Cold starting the car shakes the ground... wakes the neighbors, etc. On the highway, I was shocked as there was NO DRONE AT ALL. Not what I expected. AWE's R&D folks did a great job there. My Mustang friends with aftermarket exhausts now hate me. I'm ok with that.

Here's clip of a cold start (apologies, my son was filming):

I love the evil laugh at the end :)

61 - 76 of 76 Posts