SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well figured I'd join this site as lots of good information.

Just took delivery of a new F8 Scat Pack M6, took 20 days to get built and 26 to get to the dealership, think 10 days was in Detroit Budd yard.

Here's a few pictures
20200915_145550.jpg
20200915_145557.jpg
20200915_145616.jpg
20200915_145625.jpg
20200915_164233.jpg

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
88 Posts
Very Nice! Those wheels look great with the green.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,

Thanks for compliments, went with the brass monkey wheels as I couldn't get into the all black wheel look, came out better than the way the build your own renders.

Got Mopar Mud flaps installed and took to Ziebart today to help keep the rust bugs at bay for as long as possible.

Car woke up when I hit 250 miles, just hit 430 so Tuesday I can play a little more and go 85 mph, the 55 mph under 3 grand rpm was torture.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I'd like to see a modern version of the long ram from the old Dodges.
You could cam it to the moon, and the long intake tubes would bolster the bottom end, allowing it to howl up in the higher RPM's due to the camshaft.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi,

Attempting to follow the break-in procedure, as I am sure there's a data log recorder on these rolling computers, and don't want to give FCA a reason not to cover something should a issue arise.

To my limited understanding the current intake has a built-in long ram path believe I read somewhere above 4800rpm it flows through that passage.

The older long rams are neat, have a friend with a 34 street rod running a 383 and long rams, the air cleaners sit outside the hood. Guess there were 2 versions, one a race version that doesn't run well on the street, like below 5 grand, the other were a street version which he runs, think he's got it in the 12's on street tires, and believe it or not but its actually a very heavy car.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,107 Posts
Attempting to follow the break-in procedure, as I am sure there's a data log recorder on these rolling computers, and don't want to give FCA a reason not to cover something should a issue arise.
I would say the chances of this being true are about zero and never heard of this happening.

There is also no requirement to follow the breakin, it is merely a recommendation. You can blow the engine on day one powershifting and unless you tow it in with slicks and/or rubber in the wheelwells, it is covered.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would say the chances of this being true are about zero and never heard of this happening.

There is also no requirement to follow the breakin, it is merely a recommendation. You can blow the engine on day one powershifting and unless you tow it in with slicks and/or rubber in the wheelwells, it is covered.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Hi,

You are probably correct, although I always seem to have the luck that it would happen to me.

Either way attempting to treat the car in a way that it will still be around 20+ years from now, and still being able to do 180 then, lol

Regards,
Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts