SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I am running these with 2.85 Litens and Demon Injectors, no problems so far.

3" Twisted Steel Connection Pipes; Street Series

48-32015-YC

Dodge Challenger/Charger Hellcat 15-20 SRT-8 V8-6.2L (sc) / 392 V8-6.4L

Part Number: 48-32015-YC

$1,271.55

$1,049.03

MSRP: $1,513.75

As low as $88/mo with Affirm. Learn more

3" Twisted Steel Connection Pipes; Street Series

3" Twisted Steel Connection Pipes; Race Series

Have Questions? 951-493-7155
Details:
  • Incorporates High-Flow, 200 Cell Metallic Catalytic Converters for Improved Flow
  • Constructed from 3" Mandrel-Bent 304 Stainless Steel Tubing
  • 3/8" Thick Head Flanges
  • 2-3/4" Outlets Connect Directly to OE or aFe Exhaust
  • Heavy-Duty Flanges and OE-Style Gaskets are Used to Maintain a Leak-Free Seal
  • Optimized Tube Lengths Improve Flow and Performance
  • 2 lbs. Lighter than OE System
  • MIG-Welded Construction Ensures Optimal Strength and Durability
Read More

Dual High-Flow Catalytic Converters:
This system utilizes a 200 CPSI (cell per square inch) metallic high flow catalytic converters for maximum flow.
Construction:
Constructed of mandrel-bent 3" 304 stainless steel piping to reduce back pressure and improve flow.
Factory Mounting Locations:
3" diameter connection pipes mount directly to OE mounting locations
Leak-Free Seal:
High quality OE style flanges and band clamps are used for a complete 360 degree sealing surface.
Hassle-Free Installation:
The performance connection pipes are designed to fit in the stock location with an included extension pipe which allows this system to fit without modification. This system incorporates OE style hangers, flanges and includes O2 extensions for a hassle-free installation.
Also Fits:
2015-2019 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 V8-6.4L HEMI
2015-2019 Dodge Charger SRT 392 V8-6.4L HEMI
Good to know, I really like aFe's products. How long have you had them on?

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
So here's the info to date. On a stock car with just a tune, they made the same increase as cat delete pipes, 50whp. They are spiral cats, bonded to the shell so the can't/won't come apart. I've got no dog in this fight, just passing along info to those that may be looking for an alternative to catless and the smell and yet still have all the benefits of being catless. Oh, and I would consider anything over 700whp on a heartbreaker Mustang dyno "high horsepower"... Dynojet is for those that just want a sheet to wave around. 馃ぃ
There really isn't that much difference between a Mustang and Dynojet dyno, some for sure but certainly not a lot. A lot of it comes down to how the dyno is calibrated and the operator.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Good to know, I really like aFe's products. How long have you had them on?
I have not put many miles on them yet, I was going to go with the JBA's but I did not like the unwelded flanges. I also recall hearing about one of those failing and taking out a piston.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I'm wondering if the new cats that FCA put on my Cat for the V86 recall are higher flowing? The car makes more burble noise when off the fuel and down shifting. I like that noise, but not the noise it makes at shut down. Or is the burble something else they phucked up?

Registered
Charger SRT 392
I'm wondering if the new cats that FCA put on my Cat for the V86 recall are higher flowing? The car makes more burble noise when off the fuel and down shifting. I like that noise, but not the noise it makes at shut down. Or is the burble something else they phucked up?
Thats where they went from 707 to 717 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Cats are the same, not higher flowing. Bubble and popping is usually a sign of unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

Reactions: Mopar_Gummy

Registered
"High flow cats also offer better torque gains over catless."

Do you have proof of this?

I had the opposite experience, when i did this test...

HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I have not put many miles on them yet, I was going to go with the JBA's but I did not like the unwelded flanges. I also recall hearing about one of those failing and taking out a piston.
Will these throw a CEL if not tuned?

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Reactions: Beast707

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Then it sounds like something else they Phucked up with their reflash.
Funny you say that, I thought I read someone else on here said they noticed their car was popping more after the most recent flash. I don't know where that post is now.

Registered
Now I need to listen to mine. I usually have my music going and enjoying the ride, but now all I try to do is listen for more mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter #34
There really isn't that much difference between a Mustang and Dynojet dyno, some for sure but certainly not a lot. A lot of it comes down to how the dyno is calibrated and the operator.
Dynojet averages 12-15% higher than a Mustang.. that is a huge difference when you're in the 800+hp range and want to boast dyno sheets.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Dynojet averages 12-15% higher than a Mustang.. that is a huge difference when you're in the 800+hp range and want to boast dyno sheets.
Not nearly that high and again it depends on how the dyno is setup. I've dyno'd on both.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
OP thanks for write up and look forward to reveal. I have been thinking about catless now that im on corn but not sure about the hassel come inspection time here in Texas.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter #37
OP thanks for write up and look forward to reveal. I have been thinking about catless now that im on corn but not sure about the hassel come inspection time here in Texas.
Come next week, I will be testing them with water/meth, oversize snout and 105mm throttle body for a few weeks but they are good to go . Tunetime in Lakewood NJ are the guys to call for all the info on them.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter #38
Funny you say that, I thought I read someone else on here said they noticed their car was popping more after the most recent flash. I don't know where that post is now.
It's possible that the latest flash is pumping a bit of extra fuel through on off throttle in an effort to cool the cats.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter #39
Gains on the prototype oversize snout and throttle body so far. We got the snout weeks ago but were unable to dyno anything other than stock pulley size. Manufacturer only supplied stock pulley and, because the pulley system has changed, we had to wait for them to engineer smaller pulleys. Gains so far, with snout and 100mm throttle body are 40 whp (mustang) on a 2.85. Today we'll test 105mm throttle and turn the meth injection back on. Should be around 90whp gain. Still running the prototype high flow cats with no issues.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Discussion Starter #40
The high flow cats have stood up to everything. At $1500 they're not cheap but, when you consider you have to use Kooks headers with their cats it's a steal. Kooks setup is expensive and about 7 hours to install. These take about 30 minutes to install and have a wider diameter cat.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts