SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,470 Posts
aFe makes a set of high flow cat pipes that bolt up to the stock manifolds. If you shop around, these can be found for $1181. aFe builds very high quality stuff.

Its good to have more options though.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
686 Posts
aFe makes a set of high flow cat pipes that bolt up to the stock manifolds. If you shop around, these can be found for $1181. aFe builds very high quality stuff.

Its good to have more options though.

Is it standard for any high flow cats to say for race use only? I read somewhere that all cats are pretty much the same and the oem are fine. Im modded and can delete cats being on e85 but not sure how that works in Texas come inspection time. I dont want to have catastrophic failure either so considering these and the others OP was testing.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,470 Posts
Is it standard for any high flow cats to say for race use only? I read somewhere that all cats are pretty much the same and the oem are fine. Im modded and can delete cats being on e85 but not sure how that works in Texas come inspection time. I dont want to have catastrophic failure either so considering these and the others OP was testing.
It is not standard for all high flow cats to say for race use only, I've seen some that are CARB certified except in California so that tells me some are capable of passing emissions. I think the aFe's are very high flowing so they probably won't pass anywhere. You may ask, why buy them if they can't pass? With no cats, its still going to be louder than some people want, and with no cats, these cars can pick up nasty resonance in the exhaust which some may not like. I ran off-road pipes for 6 months and hated it as my car was a daily driver and the resonance around 2-2.5K rpms drove me insane.

I think the stock cats flow very well from what I've been told by several tuners but I'm sure there's some power to be gained from a high flow cats when you start getting over 900hp, not to say the factory cats can't take the increased power but that they might be causing more restriction than high flow cats. My car makes 892whp or just over 1000hp at the crank through the factory cats so clearly they can take a lot. All cats are not the same though. Some high flow cats flow almost as well as no cats at all. I just ordered a set of aFe high flow cats though and I'm going to order the AWE touring resonated exhaust.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
686 Posts
It is not standard for all high flow cats to say for race use only, I've seen some that are CARB certified except in California so that tells me some are capable of passing emissions. I think the aFe's are very high flowing so they probably won't pass anywhere. You may ask, why buy them if they can't pass? With no cats, its still going to be louder than some people want, and with no cats, these cars can pick up nasty resonance in the exhaust which some may not like. I ran off-road pipes for 6 months and hated it as my car was a daily driver and the resonance around 2-2.5K rpms drove me insane.

I think the stock cats flow very well from what I've been told by several tuners but I'm sure there's some power to be gained from a high flow cats when you start getting over 900hp, not to say the factory cats can't take the increased power but that they might be causing more restriction than high flow cats. My car makes 892whp or just over 1000hp at the crank through the factory cats so clearly they can take a lot. All cats are not the same though. Some high flow cats flow almost as well as no cats at all. I just ordered a set of aFe high flow cats though and I'm going to order the AWE touring resonated exhaust.

Thanks man that helped a lot. I also hate resonance or drone and have it now with vibrants and removed rear resonators. Should have kept the resonators and will likely be changing it all up. Also love the AWE from few sound clips and bet along with afe cats will be deep and mean. Im at same power level and have stock cats as well, for now anyway.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
You're missing the point of high flow cats. It has nothing to do with passing emissions or noise. It's the ability of being able to tune the car and not have it go into cool down mode or melt the cats. It takes a lot to be able to turn down the sensors and not melt cats on these cars. You can go catless and live with the smell or you can find a cat that will hold up to the abuse and not melt or be torn apart... very few options on that front.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
705 Posts
Most of the aftermarket high flow cats say they are for off road use only.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Redeye Widebody
19 Posts
Any reason why you couldn’t install these on a 2011 6.4? Same manifolds, right?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
705 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F8 Redeye Widebody
19 Posts
Yeah, looks like they extended the manifolds a bit so the cats are just a hair shorter, and a bit of a different angle.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
705 Posts
I still have some Solo High Flow Cats from my 2013 SRT8 somewhere around here ;)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
This week gets meth injection (tuned on injector pulse)
How exactly is that done? Is it another injector(s) just run parallel with the rail injectors? (About half the impedance that way, if the control box/injector drivers can handle it.

I've wanted to do injection that times and such from the other injectors, just wasn't sure of the science of how to meter it.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts