SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Hitting Redline on Kickdown in Auto-Track-Trans Mode

1581 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  SG.0002
My HC has done this several times, when I mash the throttle the gear shifts directly to redline and the car stutters and then shifts up and then moves.

The stutter is to most likely save the motor from over revving but it’s not normal in auto mode to be doing this. What is your opinion?

SG
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
602 Posts
My 2016 HC A8 Challenger will hit the rev limiter on WOT downshifts for a split second (when downshifting into 1st or 2nd) after I installed catless midpipes. I think it just revs faster on those downshifts. It doesn't do it on downshifts above 2nd gear (higher speed downshifts).

Do you have catless midpipes?
If you are all stock, I would go back to the dealer for a reprograming

Clint

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,567 Posts
SG.0002 I forget is your HC still stock?

Linda :)

· Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2016 HC A8 Challenger will hit the rev limiter on WOT downshifts for a split second (when downshifting into 1st or 2nd) after I installed catless midpipes. I think it just revs faster on those downshifts. It doesn't do it on downshifts above 2nd gear (higher speed downshifts).

Do you have catless midpipes?
If you are all stock, I would go back to the dealer for a reprograming

Clint
SG.0002 I forget is your HC still stock?

My HC is stock besides an intake and catch-cans driver and passenger side.

I told the dealer about this issue but they didn’t know anything. And I am not going to let them road test to replicate the issue because that involves WOT :eek:

SG

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,567 Posts
Ok.
Are you keeping your gas tank filled to where it says a number of miles left?

If you go below to the point where it reads low miles.......what could happen when you smash the pedal to the floor and go WOT the gas gets thrown back and air gets sucked in......its the worst feeling ever !

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,391 Posts
Options
Don’t do it and live with it. Ask for a reflash on the trans from the dealer. Get a tazer and reset the adaptives and see how it responds. Get it tuned and raise the rev limit.

· Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well... my HC did that again, fuel was half full. I asked the dealership, they told me it’s normal and I was pushing the car too hard and it could cause damage.

Bouncing on the rev limiter like that shouldn’t damage the engine as it a safety feature. I heard the engine tops at 6600rpm but for safety it’s set at 6350.

Will a slipping belt cause this?

SG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.