SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people. If i put a redeye dual snorkel hood on my 2019 challenger 392 and would want to install the redeye open airbox, would i run into any fitment problems?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi,

Only thing for sure it will end up aligned with the heat extractor, there was a post of someone who added a Demon airbox (same as a Redeye besides logo on air filter) on a Hellcat.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put a hellcat lower airbox on my SRT 392, No issues whatsoever, I did cut a hole in the air induction line that goes to the brakes to cool them down so that there would be even more air pushing into the airbox. Removed the false light as well on both sides. The air filter that comes stock on the 392 is not nearly as good as the hellcat factory filter The CFm is a lot more around 300cfm more. It made a big improvement in the throttle response and you can actually hear the air when your WOT. Good luck man, Have fun

FYI the hellcat throttle body needs an adaptor plate to fit, From what I have read and seen you wont gain much unless you either buy another intake manifold or you can send it off to get ported, If you are brave enough you could do it yourself there are plenty of videos showing you how to do it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See, i already have the hellcat box with the duct in the headlight. i was just thinking if i would run into problems with fitment if i would want to upgrade to the redeye/demon style one where the top portion of the box is open with the filter exposed and by the looks of it, tilted at an angle? . Because if i would put on the redeye dual snorkel hood, the hood wouldnt really serve much purpose with the airbox closed as i have it right now? Im just looking for some information what i would need to modify, if anything to make the redeye airbox fit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi again,

Found the post I was referring to

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi again,

Found the post I was referring to

Regards,
Jim
Thanks for taking the time, however im not sure how useful that info is for my car, as i dont have a supercharged engine, only the 392. Perhaps there is some fitment issues if i would install this in my engine bay, like the tube alignment to my throttle body is different or the opening too small? are there some other connectors on the supercharged vs the 392 that i need to worry about or not? will there be space in the engine bay for this particular box? Im not sure and was hoping anyone would know.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for taking the time, however im not sure how useful that info is for my car, as i dont have a supercharged engine, only the 392. Perhaps there is some fitment issues if i would install this in my engine bay, like the tube alignment to my throttle body is different or the opening too small? are there some other connectors on the supercharged vs the 392 that i need to worry about or not? will there be space in the engine bay for this particular box? Im not sure and was hoping anyone would know.
Hi again,

Yeah not sure the hook up at the throttle body will be, but figured you'd see how it aligns with the hood as that would be the same.

I will be doing this swap on my Scat Pack as I recently installed an Air Grabber/Demon Hood , most likely some time this spring.

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: pentacro

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
247 Posts
Hello people. If i put a redeye dual snorkel hood on my 2019 challenger 392 and would want to install the redeye open airbox, would i run into any fitment problems?
The throttle body on the 392 is smaller, so the redeye tube won’t fit...too large of an opening. Could probably work around this with some type of reducer or using a hellcat throttle body.

Another issue is the 392 manifold inlet extends out farther than the Hellcat supercharger inlet. This means the tube connecting the manifold and air box must either be shortened or compressed. Again, you can work around this.

Once these items are addressed, it should align and look great. Good luck!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The throttle body on the 392 is smaller, so the redeye tube won’t fit...too large of an opening. Could probably work around this with some type of reducer or using a hellcat throttle body.

Another issue is the 392 manifold inlet extends out farther than the Hellcat supercharger inlet. This means the tube connecting the manifold and air box must either be shortened or compressed. Again, you can work around this.

Oh yeah, thats what i was worried about. Okay thanks!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi again,

Yeah not sure the hook up at the throttle body will be, but figured you'd see how it aligns with the hood as that would be the same.

I will be doing this swap on my Scat Pack as I recently installed an Air Grabber/Demon Hood , most likely some time this spring.

Regards,
Jim
Oh please do document it with pictures if you will remember, id very much like to see the process/result!

·
Registered
109 Posts

Hi,

Been wondering about throttle body OD, hopefully I can just add a silicone sleeve, although thought I'd read somewhere about people installing a Hellcat throttle body on to a Scat, but could be mistaken

In Michigan so waiting until the weather breaks to get into it, have all the pieces which is somewhat the hard part

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

Been wondering about throttle body OD, hopefully I can just add a silicone sleeve, although thought I'd read somewhere about people installing a Hellcat throttle body on to a Scat, but could be mistaken

In Michigan so waiting until the weather breaks to get into it, have all the pieces which is somewhat the hard part

Regards,
Jim

There is allot of data on here about swapping to hellcat throttle body, you either need an adaptor or aftermarket intake manifold. Either way you need to do something for your manifold, port it yourself, send it of to MMX, or get something like the Edelbrock intake. If your a 2016+ you will have to get a tuner first.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi again,

None of the post mentioned changing the intake/Air inlet tube, so hence my hope that they were the same OD, as knew the bore was different.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
667 Posts
Hi again,

None of the post mentioned changing the intake/Air inlet tube, so hence my hope that they were the same OD, as knew the bore was different.

Regards,
Jim
I'm not sure if this answers this directly or not, but when I put the SRT air box lid on my Scat/392.....the stock 392 air box hose was SUPER tight/tough to stretch onto the the larger opening of the SRT lid. Doable, but didn't just slide on like it did on the stock 392 air lid.

So the Hellcat hose has to be bigger/different size, even if just slightly.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm not sure if this answers this directly or not, but when I put the SRT air box lid on my Scat/392.....the stock 392 air box hose was SUPER tight/tough to stretch onto the the larger opening of the SRT lid. Doable, but didn't just slide on like it did on the stock 392 air lid.

So the Hellcat hose has to be bigger/different size, even if just slightly.
Hi,

Yeah I've see a few writeups about using the SRT lid, but haven't seen anything showing the throttle body end. Guess I'll find out.

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
667 Posts
Hi,

Yeah I've see a few writeups about using the SRT lid, but haven't seen anything showing the throttle body end. Guess I'll find out.

Regards,
Jim
In for results, as it's crossed my mind about adding a (stock) Redeye intake to my 392.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts