SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CHALLENGER HELLCAT WIDEBODY 6 SPEED
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago just before I put my Hellcat away for the winter I decided to go for one last run on the Autobahn and see how much I could push it. I nearly got to 300 kmh when I noticed my hood shaking pretty violently so I only got to 297 unfortunately. Also the plastic pieces started to pop out of the hood intakes.

Has anyone experience this? What can I do to fix it?

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,213 Posts
I actually had this problem while Drag racing and thought something was wrong with my hood.
But it turned out that it was my front suspension needed an alignment.

Linda :)

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,739 Posts
There have been posts here about the intake trim pieces coming loose at speed. Never really saw any remedies though. You may need to install hood pins for peace of mind on those high speed runs.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,213 Posts
Probably would get better answers from those that run the 1/2 mile or 1 mile.

They do all kinds of things to their cars to prevent problems.

Look under the dragracing section and see if you can find some threads from those guys.

Linda :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
A few months ago just before I put my Hellcat away for the winter I decided to go for one last run on the Autobahn and see how much I could push it. I nearly got to 300 kmh when I noticed my hood shaking pretty violently so I only got to 297 unfortunately. Also the plastic pieces started to pop out of the hood intakes.

I had the hood shake pretty bad passing semi at 177 vs him at 75mph the dirty air generated by the semi was the culperate. I admit it made me think that if that hood came unlatched it would be bad and slowed down. Never have had it happen at high speed in clean air though. I have hood pins which I intend to install for peace of mind.

The car was remarkably planted at those speeds. Completely stable and predictable handling - cudos SRT - these cars are the real deal. Did not see any issues with the 2019 scoop inserts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye, AWE Touring
42 Posts

I had the insert issue happen twice to me. Once it blew out and the second time it was jutting in and out but never came out completely.

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
809 Posts
This hood insert issue, is there a fix? I'm guessing they snap in? What can be done to keep them in place?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,459 Posts
The new inserts were redesigned and a screw was added to keep them in place. I think this was a 2020 MY change.

Reactions: GdBye

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts
There was the guy on here that shared his sunroof imploding at something like 170. I still have the photo. Pretty scary.

·
Registered
2019 CHALLENGER HELLCAT WIDEBODY 6 SPEED
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can verify that that for 2020, mine has screws.
Thank you for the information, could you please share a pic of how the screw was added? Maybe its something the rest of us can modify without too much work

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,459 Posts
Thank you for the information, could you please share a pic of how the screw was added? Maybe its something the rest of us can modify without too much work
20210218_111504.jpg
20210218_111455.jpg
20210218_111512.jpg

Reactions: Xylander
1 - 14 of 14 Posts