SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
45 Posts
Happened to me was passenger side. Went to dealer they ordered windshield washer spray nozzle after that they order the hood scoop cup vent I believe it was labeled but it was for driver side doesn’t fit had to wait for the third try lol. The charge was around 400 covered by warranty. Also got my front splitter they call a chin replaced because I’m an idiot and I decided to let them run the WBRE through the auto wash....... it scratched the front on both sides and scarred rim. I wear the rim damage to this day lol..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
492 Posts
What holds the plastic in the hood?I never checked to see if mine was loose!
yeah, after i posted i saw the post your talking about and like 4 or five clips for the nostril and for all of that to come loose at the same time and have it fly out seems strange!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
43 Posts
2 plastic clips on the top. 3 metal clips on the bottom. Just snaps in. NOT MUCH To Hold It In. Thanks JR

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
122 Posts
mine flew out at 179 mph lol it was on a runway though so I was able to pick it up and put it back in after the top speed testing was done!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
199 Posts
Just lost the driver side. Lost the passenger side a few weeks ago. Above 150 these parts just fly off. I’ve never seen such a thing. They need to affix them better than they do. I guess it could be worse and we could be having the C8 hood issues.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,485 Posts
Just lost the driver side. Lost the passenger side a few weeks ago. Above 150 these parts just fly off. I’ve never seen such a thing. They need to affix them better than they do. I guess it could be worse and we could be having the C8 hood issues. View attachment 561052
The 2020's have a bolt holding them in , as well as all the original clips. They won't come out.
0903201706a.jpg
0903201656a.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
139 Posts
Dang that is nice. Mine flew off also. I wonder if we could retrofit those to the 2019 models......???

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,485 Posts
Dang that is nice. Mine flew off also. I wonder if we could retrofit those to the 2019 models......???
You would have to drill a hole and maybe remove some sheet metal and likely have to make a spacer that likely will have to have some taper. All that work, I would take my chances with what I have.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Now the hood has a bad shake over 90mph. Back to the dealer it goes....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts