SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I'd see the day. It's been a long time coming. Toyos are now crossed off my plan. Hoosiers here I come. Just need to confirm diameter, tread width, etc.

Hoosier R7 - DOT Competition Tire - Phil's Tire Service

No A7 yet, but a R7 would make our cars into cornering monsters vs. what we've had available so far.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Hoosier
Text Font

Toyo
Text Font Line Number

The Toyo doesn't have an advertised tread width on Phils Tire Service, but Tire Rack shows it as a little wider than the Hoosier specs. However, the Hoosier compound and weight would far surpass the Toyo I predict. Look at the weight difference! 27 lbs for a 305/30 for the Hoosier and 35 lbs. for the Toyo 305/35.
We've all been thankful for the Demon rotors that drop about 6 lbs. per wheel, but these tires can drop 8 lbs. way at the outer diameter so the inertia effects would be huge.
Note, the Hoosiers are not street tires. They have almost 0 tread, very stiff sidewall and will follow grooves in the road enough to wear your arms out after a few minutes. But on the track . . . :cool:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On a 11in wheel I'd use the 315/30 Toyo RR. That's what I ran this season, with a 18mm offset. I also ran them on a 10.5" wheel on the front, with a 10mm offset and a 3mm spacer (effective 7mm offset). They are a very tight fit to the inboard side on both rear and front, and poke out about .5in or less. They are only for the track, so I don't mind. No fender lip hits after a season of popping up on road course berms.
Next year I'll likely drop down to 19" wheels.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,592 Posts
Hoosier
View attachment 463991

Toyo
View attachment 463993
The Toyo doesn't have an advertised tread width on Phils Tire Service, but Tire Rack shows it as a little wider than the Hoosier specs. However, the Hoosier compound and weight would far surpass the Toyo I predict. Look at the weight difference! 27 lbs for a 305/30 for the Hoosier and 35 lbs. for the Toyo 305/35.
We've all been thankful for the Demon rotors that drop about 6 lbs. per wheel, but these tires can drop 8 lbs. way at the outer diameter so the inertia effects would be huge.
Note, the Hoosiers are not street tires. They have almost 0 tread, very stiff sidewall and will follow grooves in the road enough to wear your arms out after a few minutes. But on the track . . . :cool:
Thank you! Those 335’s will work so well on my 12” wides! I have a bit of Michelin rubber to burn, but I will be getting four to stock my garage with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts