SRT Hellcat Forum banner

How are satin black hoods done now?

4K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  70Cuda 
#1 ·
My car was just built and is pending inspection, and has a satin black hood on the order. I know that black hood cars that were built last year were sent to an external vendor to do the black hoods. Do they still do that? Will my car ship to an external vendor next, or will they have shipped the black hood to the factory to put on?

#2 ·
I'm not positive, but the last I saw, they were still going to Penske for the hood treatment. I do know for certain that Dodge was not accepting any new black hood orders a few weeks ago. Not picking any up to award VIN a week ago, as I had two in BX in front of me and received VIN.

#8 ·
Penske is the place just like the stripe outfitter is sounds like its always going to be external. more wait time and jacking around moving cars.

Glad I got mine, The wraps just don't have the sheen of the real deal. It is going to be some work to maintain it. But I got a window sticker to prove it.

#10 ·
Yea, I was hung up on the window sticker and finally some SOB changed my order and shipped my car. Glad they did. I'm still getting rust off the car. I HATE RUST.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.