SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I have started diving deeper in the forum, I have seen so many people get 4% below invoice or 12-15k off of MSRP. How? I have called dealerships and they all don't give me a good deal. I can't buy from Koons since I am in cali and they don't sell here and Mike @ DanCummins no longer works there. Any advice? (Looking for 2021 Charger Hellcat WB)

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,501 Posts
Prob going to have to travel but it sounds like you know that if you were considering Koons.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prob going to have to travel but it sounds like you know that if you were considering Koons.
Any recommendation of how to even find a dealer to help me out? Just call as many as possible and see what’s out there? Any other advice that could help possibly?

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
528 Posts
Ever since I have started diving deeper in the forum, I have seen so many people get 4% below invoice or 12-15k off of MSRP. How? I have called dealerships and they all don't give me a good deal. I can't buy from Koons since I am in cali and they don't sell here and Mike @ DanCummins no longer works there. Any advice? (Looking for 2021 Charger Hellcat WB)
Talk to Martin at Dan Cummins, he's the sales Mgr. He made my deal happen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m at invoice on a order with a dealer I’ve done business with before. Most of the local dealers near me I’ve checked with are at MSRP plus rebate....

·
Registered
2021 Charger Hellcat - On Order
29 Posts
I was shopping around the Chicago area for months trying to find a deal. Best I got around here was $400 under invoice. Your best bet is to talk to Dan Cummins. Dealers around me barely budge off invoice. You might need to travel a bit to get a better deal.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
46 Posts
Jake Stephens is the guy to talk to at Dan Cummins now.

I've never understood why people aren't willing to travel (including all the way across the country) if in the end after you estimate fuel, wear and tear, hotels, etc. you would save money. I'll be driving 900 miles one way to save around $1k.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
689 Posts
Well, people get under invoice, but the dealership doesn't make most of its money on markups. They get their money on financing, finance related add-ons, document processing fees, trades, etc. So, if you come in under invoice, they're making money on you somewhere else.

Just pay attention during signing. Ask them for the interest rate, look at what the monthly payments total up to and how much the car is at the expected full term of the loan. If you add on things like GAP, tire/wheel packages, etc... it all adds up. They love selling "time of purchase only" extended warranty coverage and GAP plans because most people switch cars in 3 years, so it's like free money for them. They'll lie and tell you that GAP is only available through them, etc... but most insurance companies offer GAP and you can usually get it at a cheaper rate. PLUS, that GAP you buy at the dealership is rolled into the price of the car and is also further adjusted by your interest rate. So, they make LOTS of money off of you on GAP insurance. And lots of people pop on those. It's real easy to get a $60,000 base model Hellcat that will cost you $71,000 after everything is tacked on to it over 7 years. Where you might save $1,000 under MSRP, they take you to the cleaners for an $8,000 Chrysler Capital interest cost, which they get a bonus for.

But, overall dealer income is averaged across a body of sales, not just one. They know that X amount of people will opt for Y options at signing... and they need to get Z % of conversions to meet desired revenue targets. So, while you might come out good if you negotiate well and decline all the incentives and pay cash, well, there's 80 other people who didn't. And, when you tell everyone about the great deal you got, the cycle continues.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,501 Posts
Well, people get under invoice, but the dealership doesn't make most of its money on markups. They get their money on financing, finance related add-ons, document processing fees, trades, etc. So, if you come in under invoice, they're making money on you somewhere else.

Just pay attention during signing. Ask them for the interest rate, look at what the monthly payments total up to and how much the car is at the expected full term of the loan. If you add on things like GAP, tire/wheel packages, etc... it all adds up. They love selling "time of purchase only" extended warranty coverage and GAP plans because most people switch cars in 3 years, so it's like free money for them. They'll lie and tell you that GAP is only available through them, etc... but most insurance companies offer GAP and you can usually get it at a cheaper rate. PLUS, that GAP you buy at the dealership is rolled into the price of the car and is also further adjusted by your interest rate. So, they make LOTS of money off of you on GAP insurance. And lots of people pop on those. It's real easy to get a $60,000 base model Hellcat that will cost you $71,000 after everything is tacked on to it over 7 years. Where you might save $1,000 under MSRP, they take you to the cleaners for an $8,000 Chrysler Capital interest cost, which they get a bonus for.

But, overall dealer income is averaged across a body of sales, not just one. They know that X amount of people will opt for Y options at signing... and they need to get Z % of conversions to meet desired revenue targets. So, while you might come out good if you negotiate well and decline all the incentives and pay cash, well, there's 80 other people who didn't. And, when you tell everyone about the great deal you got, the cycle continues.
You only need GAP if you got screwed on the how much you're financing. As in you owe more than book value.
A ton of people get it for noting. They literally cant use it. If you need GAP then you did something wrong.

Reactions: Hammy

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
102 Posts
I was shopping around the Chicago area for months trying to find a deal. Best I got around here was $400 under invoice. Your best bet is to talk to Dan Cummins. Dealers around me barely budge off invoice. You might need to travel a bit to get a better deal.
I been looking in the Chicago area as well. Dealers around here dont seem to cut any deals. Who is the dealer that will give you cat for invoice? Also is this on the lot or an order.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Hellcat - On Order
29 Posts
I been looking in the Chicago area as well. Dealers around here dont seem to cut any deals. Who is the dealer that will give you cat for invoice? Also is this on the lot or an order.
Pearl Dodge in Peotone gave me $400 under invoice. River Front gave me invoice but I wouldn't buy a car from them if they paid me to take it off their lot. This was for an order.

·
Registered
In The Market
184 Posts
You could try Frederick Scat Pack from NE Ohio. I was going to buy one from him last year at 1% under invoice, but the timing wasn't right for me and the local dealer said he would match it. I just found a place that looks to have awesome prices called Towbin in Las Vegas. Too far away for me, but might look into seeing how much they charge to ship a car out here.

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
528 Posts
Not sure where you live, but as mentioned earlier, Dan Cummins in Paris Ky. ( near Lexington) gave me over 4% UNDER invoice, $599 dealer fee. And guaranteed the incentives. Martin is the guy to speak with, he's the new car mgr.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You could try Frederick Scat Pack from NE Ohio. I was going to buy one from him last year at 1% under invoice, but the timing wasn't right for me and the local dealer said he would match it. I just found a place that looks to have awesome prices called Towbin in Las Vegas. Too far away for me, but might look into seeing how much they charge to ship a car out here.
Let me know how tobin goes - they had crazyvlease deals a couple years back

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,495 Posts
Judging by the number of threads you've started in this forum section, try the same tactic asking dealers.

·
Vehicle Ordering Coordinator
42 Posts
Jake Stephens is the guy to talk to at Dan Cummins now.

I've never understood why people aren't willing to travel (including all the way across the country) if in the end after you estimate fuel, wear and tear, hotels, etc. you would save money. I'll be driving 900 miles one way to save around $1k.
Thank you! I am the main guy on this forum at Dan Cummins CDJR in Paris, Ky. Please reach out to me to build BRAND NEW Chargers, Challengers, Hellcats, Redeyes, Wide Body and Super Stocks.

You can email me at [email protected] or my personal phone number is (859)298-9539!

·
42 Posts
Not sure where you live, but as mentioned earlier, Dan Cummins in Paris Ky. ( near Lexington) gave me over 4% UNDER invoice, $599 dealer fee. And guaranteed the incentives. Martin is the guy to speak with, he's the new car mgr.
Or reach out to me and I work directly with Martin to get them ordered and on ground asap #JustSeeJake.
[email protected] or (859)298-9539

·
42 Posts
Yes sir! #JustSeeJake [email protected] or (859)298-9539

·
Registered
In The Market
184 Posts
Thank you! I am the main guy on this forum at Dan Cummins CDJR in Paris, Ky. Please reach out to me to build BRAND NEW Chargers, Challengers, Hellcats, Redeyes, Wide Body and Super Stocks.

You can email me at [email protected] or my personal phone number is (859)298-9539!
You guys are a 4 hour drive for me, but better than driving to the coast. I will definitely keep you in mind after I close on the house.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts