SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking a good friend for a ride yesterday, scared him pretty good! He asked , so how does the motor make 500 and then 707hp. I told him it must be controlled by the computer most likely as the supercharged engine makes power by shoving lots of air down the engine and is not adjustable. Just curious to know the answer.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
321 Posts
I notice a dramatic difference between the two. However, I seem to spend more time sideways, full throttle, having a great time than many. I don't think the car was built to coddle, SRT has repeatedly advised me to DRIVE IT, TRACK IT, it's built for it, so I've been making it a mission to expose NON-Drag racing weaknesses.

· HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
200 Posts
By pass valve on the supercharger allows full boost with the red key and bleeds off boost with the black key.

R.K.
Is that a fact? Twin screws make pressure internally, are always compressing.where is the BOV?

· HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
200 Posts
Yes, I just found an article mentioning an electric bypass for regulating boost. Interesting indeed. I'd like to understand better how that works and taking it a step further, assuming the 6.2l if NA at 9.5 compression makes at least 400hp how does it drop hp to 300 in Valet mode?

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
668 Posts
my understanding in valet mode is the computer cuts off ignition to alternating cylinders limiting the amount of power. IMBW (i may be wrong). or IMO if you havent' tried valet mode it's a blast..(NOT) I went out in the country with my wife and put it in valet mode and stomped on the throttle....rev,,,rev,,,rev,,,toke forever to get to 30mph..we were both laughing so hard ...I wouldn't want to piss off a velvet by letting them drive the HC in this mode..it would be a sure key to the door experience. Black key ok...have a little acceleration but maybe not too much to get into any real trouble.

Cheers.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,621 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just knew my friends would have the answer! Thanks, now I wont sound dumb when a friend asks the question! I agree with some, 707hp mode is way too much fun not to use all of the time, after all we paid for it!

· Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
8,554 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
616 Posts
my understanding in valet mode is the computer cuts off ignition to alternating cylinders limiting the amount of power. IMBW (i may be wrong). or IMO if you havent' tried valet mode it's a blast..(NOT) I went out in the country with my wife and put it in valet mode and stomped on the throttle....rev,,,rev,,,rev,,,toke forever to get to 30mph..we were both laughing so hard ...I wouldn't want to piss off a velvet by letting them drive the HC in this mode..it would be a sure key to the door experience. Black key ok...have a little acceleration but maybe not too much to get into any real trouble.

Cheers.
real trouble. I forgot I had it in ECO mode and I had her sideways real quick.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eco mode seems to have more than 500hp to me, I also got my car loose the first day of driving at 70mph on the highway. Did not even realize it was not full hp until I was reading the owners manual. You can imagine my surprise and enjoyment the next day when I hit Sport mode! Have not setup valet yet but will have to soon just for fun..

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
321 Posts

Cheers.

This was my experience as well. Trying to drive in Valet mode and the car feels genuinely broken, as in will barely move and it's awesome. I've actually ended up taking a few valets for a spin in the Hellcat, because they just look crestfallen climbing out. I use a lot of valets mostly in Vegas where a proper tip takes away all your concerns, but locally as well (my experience, car is safer W/Valet than not) and Valet Mode seems to be the bomb.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts