SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
In The Market
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this real? How is it possible a Mustang GT tuned just for E85 (no other mods) takes on these hellcats 60-130 mph?

I consider the Mustang keeping up as taking the hellcat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I talked to a guy who has an '18 Mustang with aftermarket exhaust and tuned for E85. No power adder and shifts like at 7500. Last test n tune he went 11.8 to my 11.4, right on my ass the whole way. I gotta get tires and a shaft this year or he's gonna get me. Not surprised at all by the video.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,057 Posts
Because how many times have you heard people say " yeah my car is all stock" ....and There are hidden mods on the car he is not telling people about . This happens all the time .
Also some people's version of stock is different from someone else's, . I call BS on the Mustang for sure .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
885 Posts
FBO and E85 18+ 5.0 is a tight race vs a hellcat. Tight enough to where if the hellcat owner sleeps on reaction or starts in wrong gear, the stang will get the W. Now do FBO and E85 to the hellcat and the cat will put buses on the mustang

·
Registered
In The Market
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who cares...I’m not buying a Mustang. There are a lot of fast cars out there but just not the same feel as a Hellcat even if they are as fast or faster.
I'm just trying to justify the hellcat's msrp. I honestly think it should start at $50k (and scat should be a little lower). I can justify going from scapack (current car, $43k msrp, got it for ~$37k) to $50-53k, but when everything is said and done you're out the door another $30k... Seems steep when a $35k car can keep up with you with minimal mods/no F/I.

I'm not trying to troll here or anything...I was back and forth on the hellcat a year ago and settled for the scat pack because no dealer wanted to play ball.

FBO and E85 18+ 5.0 is a tight race vs a hellcat. Tight enough to where if the hellcat owner sleeps on reaction or starts in wrong gear, the stang will get the W. Now do FBO and E85 to the hellcat and the cat will put buses on the mustang
The guy in this video literally has only E85 and a tune. If the race was from a dig, I would say OK, the hellcat struggles with traction, but from 60?? I'm very surprised.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Entirely different cars. If you want to deal with daily driving a Mustang be my guest.

Also, you can't compare a modded car to a modded car, that's just stupid. A hellcat with an E85 tune would put bus lengths on a Mustang.

As to why a Mustang with a tune can keep up initially if the Hellcat driver doesn't know how to drive right - He's got a 10 speed automatic that allows him to stay in a better power band, and weighs less. With only 200-300 more HP you're still going to loose a pull initially if you're not shifting it right.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
815 Posts
I’ve had 3 Dodge vehicles since December 2014. I had the 392 Charger and got wasted by two Mustangs two different times. Then I got the WideBody challenger 392 in September and really enjoyed it. However someone wanted it a bit more than me, so I switched over to the 5.0 and I have the a10 and the performance pack! I love the car very much and miss my dodge everyday but I’ll probably be sticking to the blue oval side a bit. The Shelby GT 350 I love the looks and the performance and the 5.0 I have with the a10 and performance pack 1 is no joke stock even and it’s a high revver so it pulls like a freight train up top... great car all around.

·
Registered
In The Market
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the stock hellcat tune completely holding the hellcat back? Something just doesn't add up that an extra 200 or so horsepower isn't playing it's part, regardless of weight.

Hellcat actually has much better power to weight ratio than even a modded mustang. The drag coefficient shouldn't be that much worse, and is actually quite comparable to the Charger hellcat. The transmission gearing is also very even, with the only advantage being the Mustang having an extra gear between 4 5 6 and the hellcat pretty much going the Mustang's 4 to 6 (albeit a much lower final drive ratio on the hellcat).

I really want to be dumb and trade in my scat pack for the hell cat but I also want to justify the extra spending for a quantifiable result in performance. I don't want to spend $30k extra to be tenths faster?

I wish the hellcat's were around $45-50k starting. Unfortunately dealers never have the base $58k model I'm more than content with, and instead option their cars with everything and their mom to rocket them into the $70-80k range. Sorry, just ranting at this point.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
616 Posts
This exactly, I have ran 3 different FBO, CJ and E85 A10 mustangs, one with SERIOUS weight reduction versus my stock CHallenger Hellcat with a drag Pack and only the weight reduction mustang was a close race tille about 140ish and then I walked away from him. The other two faired a good bit for the first few seconds but didn't come up with any win. This guy ain't telling the truth or all the Hellcat are spinning from the start. So many A10 mustangs swear they could smoke hellcats until they ran me and then they all cried because they say I wasn't stock.....idiots.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Calling BS on the "All Stock only e85".

You mentioned cost, and we are all bench racing here. So go buy a 20k GT base and put 15k into vmp blower, exhaust, fuel system, suspension, tires then go run 9s all day.
All for a mere 35k, about half of what a hellcat is.
Whats your point. Still not a hellcat. And that mustang will still only be worth 20k.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts
I have a 18 cat with a dragpak on it. Rear seat delete, no passenger seat, driveshaft, and M/T tires. Car with me is 4500lbs. No mod's to the engine or trany, except for a tune for 100 octane race gasoline and I run 10.42 @ 135 mph in 1700DA. My new saying is.... HOPE YOUR CAR RUNS AS FAST AS YOUR MOUTH!!!!! Haven't had any E85 Mustangs with a tune come close to running with me. Buy the way I got my 18 new for $60k and have only $5k in everything and I can drive it every day. I had a Sact and theirs NOTHING LIKE A HELLCAT....

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
523 Posts
Who only tunes their car for a new fuel and doesn't do anything else? I've seen the stock GT A10 gives a 392 a run, but I can't see just fuel making up another 200 ponies.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Who only tunes their car for a new fuel and doesn't do anything else? I've seen the stock GT A10 gives a 392 a run, but I can't see just fuel making up another 200 ponies.
Don't forget mustangs are lighter by about 1/2 ton. I would say 18+ mustang and 392 are going to be pretty similar in performance on the strip.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
165 Posts
I am not impressed with engines I have to rev to 8grand to get anything out of it,there is no replacement for displacement,I drove friends new mustang and was not impressed was loose above 100 mph and seemed very cheap,I guess you get what you pay for.i was tech for many years and ford does really dumb engineering,I would have shot myself if fords were all there were to work on

·
Registered
In The Market
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the replies guys. It's awesome how many different sides there are to look at this. I guess it just boils down to preference.

Then the biggest question hits, do you get auto or manual? :cry:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts