SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those that still buy manuals have already accepted that its not as fast or consistent. And no well informed individual really still claims that the manual is faster anymore. Manuals are still bought for the driving experience and the feeling of being in control of your vehicle. (And before paddle shifters are brought up, those are just a suggestion to the computer of what the driver wants. The computer still make the final call. Not the same feeling).
Autos have been faster for many years. I mean even a th350/th400 with minor valve body mods shifts lightning fast, only problem with those was that they cause a lot of drivetrain loss. Which definitely is not the case anymore with autos today.
I’m just curious with this reasoning why not power steering? Wouldn’t you “feel” the car more without the computer assistance in steering? Why not the brakes or computer fuel injectors. Mechanical throttle? The list goes on and on it’s just the latest look at me I’m old school thing. Everything I mentioned someone was saying the same thing when those came out.
Cavemen thought the wheel made you soft if they didn’t have one.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I’m just curious with this reasoning why not power steering? Wouldn’t you “feel” the car more without the computer assistance in steering? Why not the brakes or computer fuel injectors. Mechanical throttle? The list goes on and on it’s just the latest look at me I’m old school thing. Everything I mentioned someone was saying the same thing when those came out.
Since there is not a 700 hp carbureted, non abs, manual brakes, non power-steering, crank windowed, manual wipers, hand-crank start, 8 track player, manual gearbox car with a factory warranty currently available I had to settle for a m6 hellcat.

·
Registered
In The Market
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Your logic is very valid, and its one that I typically use when trying to make a case for automatic sports cars (and reasoning why it's the better transmission). I say "sports" cars because those are typically the cars that get taken to a track for performance driving.

However, a few things that the automatic cannot do (and I'm not talking about the useless 2nd gear push to start crap):

1- It's much easier to overheat on the track.
2- It's controlling the transmission for you, while the power steering, abs brakes, and computer fuel injectors are actually assisting you in driving the car. Sure, the automatic is assisting as well, but it's in the form of controlling. Which means there's always going to be lag between manually operated shifts, and there's always going to be a pre-determined set of shift points that you cannot bypass if you were trying to go from one track to the next.
3- It's an added layer robbing some horsepower from the engine

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
270 Posts
Since there is not a 700 hp carbureted, non abs, manual brakes, non power-steering, crank windowed, manual wipers, hand-crank start, 8 track player, manual gearbox car with a factory warranty currently available I had to settle for a m6 hellcat.
You too, eh?

It stinks having to make such a compromise.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Who is still buying manual cars with the technology that’s in these Auto’s? Sorry I don’t care what ninja class you’ve taken to get a black belt in gear shifts you aren’t beating an auto 😂
The Manual may be more fun, and you have the option of being more flexible with your rpms and shifting. But to hell with it. Push a button and go, this is exactly how our IT market is growing.
Just do it for us, please and thank you. lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dif driver mod. I ran my 16 2ss Camaro with procharged psc-1. Trans tune custom tune on 91 octane And 305 nto5r rears. Made 580whp and 515rwtq. In Mexico I raced two dif e-85 tuned mustangs for cash they both had headers exhaust and the other mustang said he had cam headers e-85 fuel mods custom tune said he put down 600plus whp . One was using toyo 888. Not the r. The other was on nitto nt555 g2. I put 1 to 2 cars on the highly modified one at dig and 40 roll 50. The e-85 one I put good bus lengths on. Heard lots of excuses why they lost took the money anyways. :cool: However For fun raced friends 18 zo6 stock 40 roll and put a bus on my Camaro. I traded my Camaro off for my stock hellcat. Every roll race we done I put a good 2 car lengths on him he is now getting a pulley and tune in his zo6. So sure he spank me once that is done.

long story short. If my Camaro can beat E-85 mustangs but lose to my buddy zo6 every time. Yet my hellcat now beats my buddy zo6. Can’t see this being anything but driver mod . It took me bit to make sure I started the race in correct power band at a roll For dif speeds. Guess time will tell when I finally get that opportunity mustang owners bye far are the most cockiest drivers I have met.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
125 Posts
Calling BS on the "All Stock only e85".

You mentioned cost, and we are all bench racing here. So go buy a 20k GT base and put 15k into vmp blower, exhaust, fuel system, suspension, tires then go run 9s all day.
All for a mere 35k, about half of what a hellcat is.
Whats your point. Still not a hellcat. And that mustang will still only be worth 20k.

You can buy a Civic for $2,000.00 add a big turbo and you will be amazed what those little cars can do. Get outta here with that money argument geophb. Rule #1 in racing----E_V_E_R_Y_B_O_D_Y lies on their mods-EVERYBODY. That Mustang with just E-85--lol.. I got a couple of islands I can sell you cheaply...some people have no clue......

·
Registered
In The Market
41 Posts
The owner of that Mustang was called out for using spray and not disclosing it. His track videos shows the car running bottom 11's and trapping 123mph. That's with weight reduction (gutted interior), full exhaust, intake and E85 tune on a drag pack.

His car runs really good though. My 2018 A10 GT ran bottom 12's at 117mph bone stock on 91 octane, stock 245 tires and with the traction control on.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
788 Posts
I agree with a lot comments in these threads. All amazing cars, pick your poison and enjoy. What I’ve been noticing is these high revving engines pull like a train “the higher you go” nice power curve which is what the 5.0 has let’s say over a 392.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
What I wonder is when people are going to start realizing that a lot of the "OMG, Brand XX is TOTALLY SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY BECAUSE..." posts are just shills hired to be here.

Could it be this guy?>

Or is it this guy?

"They show the guy pulling up to the house where he thinks a 13 year old girl is waiting for him, and the show narrator goes on to say something like, "he pulls up in the driveway in his Corvette . . ." and the camera pans to a bright red C5 coupe rolling up!"

Go back to your handlers and tell them you did your job, shillboy.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
What I wonder is when people are going to start realizing that a lot of the "OMG, Brand XX is TOTALLY SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY BECAUSE..." posts are just shills hired to be here.

Could it be this guy?>
View attachment 555283

Or is it this guy?

"They show the guy pulling up to the house where he thinks a 13 year old girl is waiting for him, and the show narrator goes on to say something like, "he pulls up in the driveway in his Corvette . . ." and the camera pans to a bright red C5 coupe rolling up!"
View attachment 555280

Go back to your handlers and tell them you did your job, shillboy.
But, in the same vein of your yellow journalism, do Mustangs and Corvettes PRODUCE child molesters, or is it ONLY child molesters that buy them?

Get lost, shills.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
390 Posts
Entirely different cars. If you want to deal with daily driving a Mustang be my guest.

Also, you can't compare a modded car to a modded car, that's just stupid. A hellcat with an E85 tune would put bus lengths on a Mustang.

As to why a Mustang with a tune can keep up initially if the Hellcat driver doesn't know how to drive right - He's got a 10 speed automatic that allows him to stay in a better power band, and weighs less. With only 200-300 more HP you're still going to loose a pull initially if you're not shifting it right.
Are we talking about a mustang with a tune or a mustang running e85 with a tune?
Haven't seen any a10 mustangs on a tune that can go 10s. The e85 cars, need fuel system upgrades( similar to a hellcat). Their oil pumps gears, axles, and trans are also weak and usually need upgrade after a few passes. Seen those e85 a10s run low 11s in real life. I went 9s in a stock boost hellcat on e85 back in 2017. A stock boost red-eye can go low 9s on e85

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8 Posts
Is this real? How is it possible a Mustang GT tuned just for E85 (no other mods) takes on these hellcats 60-130 mph?

I consider the Mustang keeping up as taking the hellcat.

It is real. I have a M6 stock 2016 Hellcat Challenger. My brother has a 2016 M6 Mustang GT with Bolt on Shelby borrowed parts from Ford Performance. (Throttle Body Upgrade,Shelby Intake, Ford Performance Tune) and Borla Cat Back. We Run 30,40,50,60 roll. While yes the Cat is faster the Mustang is very competitive where if I miss a shift he will be gone (otherwise the hellcat keeps pulling but not by much). His car is under warranty till 36k miles or 3 years. The mustang is lighter and Revs to 7,500rpm with the tune.

I enjoy all cars. But the truth is the truth. I paid 56k for mine, he paid 36k for his +2k in mods (with labor).... I am happy with my purchase.

Drive responsibly my friends.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
38 Posts
Ran a A10 NA mustang several times at track when I was only cai. It was fbo, e85, tune, LT headers etc etc. I was running 10.8 10.9 and it was running 11.0. Now that car traps 108na. And runs mid 6’s 1/8 and would eat up most stockish Hellcats. who cares? either make your shit fast or lose who cares what mods or what’s involved

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
23 Posts
I was wondering the same thing myself, I raced a 2019 full bolt on e85 mustang gt and only won by like a car. I was so surprised but also disappointed. I could not believe that mustang kept up with me. Hellcats should not be losing to just e85 and bolt on tho. I raced another guy last week with the “same set up” and he pulled 3 cars on me ! That hurt pretty bad . The race was weird because he would instantly get three cars in front of me and just stay there. I have nitos on the back so I hook very well at 40 rolls. Honestly I was about to say screw it void my warranty and get a tune , pulley , exhaust. Rumors went around that he was spraying 100 shots. Then everything started making sense. Do not bet money racing a mustang. You will never know what those guys have Under their hood .

41 - 60 of 102 Posts