SRT Hellcat Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I kind of skipped through the video. I thought he was going to pass a Mustang. However, as I watched, some of his gear changes were really long. If he has a stock shifter, that would explain it. There is nothing about the stock shifter that invites confidence. It's more of a gear "suggester."

If I was going to race mine, first thing would be a Barton shifter. The stock one feels like stirring a cauldron full of rubber washers.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,090 Posts
I kind of skipped through the video. I thought he was going to pass a Mustang. However, as I watched, some of his gear changes were really long. If he has a stock shifter, that would explain it. There is nothing about the stock shifter that invites confidence. It's more of a gear "suggester."

If I was going to race mine, first thing would be a Barton shifter. The stock one feels like stirring a cauldron full of rubber washers.
I thought it was an A8 Cat?
The camera car is a GT; the dark blue that appears after the warmup is an A8 Cat.

OKAY, Here is from the POV & camera from the A8 '15 HC Pirelli EVEN ON 275/40 PZeros FYI. Passes the GT in the first trip up the 1/2 mile straight. Watch from just under 2:00 on the video. If they modified a GT to whip up a HC in an acceleration race of any kind they did quite a bit to it.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,090 Posts
Sorry, did not want to confuse, but from the other POV the HC was hauling butt. It's good stuff, but that track really favors the more heavy but quicker car with the larger top end.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Something doesn’t add up here. It’s probably e85 plus every bolt on. There in no way he is hanging with a stock hellcat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
220 Posts
GEN3 Coyotes will make 600whp NA with full bolt ons, cams, E85......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fast forward to 14 min mark. 501 whp on a mustang dyno in perfect conditions. That is more like 450 in the real world. Minus a hundred shot you are not going to come near 600 n/a.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
613 Posts
GEN3 Coyotes will make 600whp NA with full bolt ons, cams, E85......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No they won't...not even if they have cams. The most I have seen without touching the rotating assembly is around 550whp and that was max effort bolt-ons and cams. The typical E85 bolt-ons A10 is around 480-500whp. There are over a dozen A10 e85 builds here in Dallas that I know of and none of them are anywhere close to 600whp and 2 of the setups have cams.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
220 Posts
not even if they have cams.
You would have to be brain dead to put cams in these BTW. For the same price you can get any of the myriad FI setups available and make real power. You do not even need to do it for the chop since you can put a ghost cam in with the tune.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
613 Posts
You would have to be brain dead to put cams in these BTW. For the same price you can get any of the myriad FI setups available and make real power. You do not even need to do it for the chop since you can put a ghost cam in with the tune.
Some people like claiming NA power and being faster in the NA classes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’ll go one more I had an 07 GT500 A swapped to a 2013 GT500 supercharger and a 2.4 pulley and only made around 630whp

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
Sorry but I have to say this. This is a Hellcat forum. Not sure why we have to convince somebody to get one. Who gives a F*** what others are doing? A8's with DR's are running mid to high 10's. I stopped watching a lot of YouTube vids because so many are full of crap. Example 1 particular Tuber had a HC and never lost a race now he has something new and never loses. Maybe I'm different I ordered mine to enjoy for what it is and what it means to "Me"! Good luck with whatever route you go rant over. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
The camera car is a GT; the dark blue that appears after the warmup is an A8 Cat.

OKAY, Here is from the POV & camera from the A8 '15 HC Pirelli EVEN ON 275/40 PZeros FYI. Passes the GT in the first trip up the 1/2 mile straight. Watch from just under 2:00 on the video. If they modified a GT to whip up a HC in an acceleration race of any kind they did quite a bit to it.

The GT in your video is an 11-13 and is remarkably different from the 2018+ Mustang GT with the A10. Plenty of places make an E85 tune for the new A10 Mustang that put them around 500WHP, to start with they do trap 119+ in stock form - add another 55whp through a tune and intake and you have a car that should trap close to a stock cat.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You aren’t going to get another 55 from a tune. The e85 tune is the tune. I would be shocked to see a NA car pick up 100 whp from an e85 tune.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You aren’t going to get another 55 from a tune. The e85 tune is the tune. I would be shocked to see a NA car pick up 100 whp from an e85 tune.
Where did you obtain that information from? There are thousands of dyno's and countless amounts of resources to back up the fact that the new coyote engine will pick up 50whp on an E85 tune.
I came from this specific platform and have plenty of experience in their world, read through this thread if you are interested in before/after of some of the good tuners results on that platform with an E85 tune. If you are short on time, the car bone stock made 411/418, after an E85 tune it made 474/428. This is one of many.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Where did you obtain that information from? There are thousands of dyno's and countless amounts of resources to back up the fact that the new coyote engine will pick up 50whp on an E85 tune. 555 whp up 150whp over stock with an intake and tune for e85 would be insane
I came from this specific platform and have plenty of experience in their world, read through this thread if you are interested in before/after of some of the good tuners results on that platform with an E85 tune. If you are short on time, the car bone stock made 411/418, after an E85 tune it made 474/428. This is one of many.

474 isn’t 500. You made it sound like they are getting to 500whp with just an e85 tune and then adding an intake and another tune and getting another 55whp

81 - 100 of 102 Posts