SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a topic came across where my fiancé was like if the dealerships take your deposit and cannot get you financed based on your credit score they should be able to return your deposit even if the finance guy tells your sales rep to tell you that you may not get that deposit back.

You definitely wouldn't get the deposit back if you backed out on your own.

Share your experience with us!

*This would assume you deposited for a hellcat that is going to be built to your specifications.

·
Banned
5,317 Posts
I would think the Dealer refunds your deposit maybe taking a restocking fee of 20%.
A Person shouldn't be buying a HC without getting a good idea if they can get Booked.

WT

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
so a topic came across where my fiancé was like if the dealerships take your deposit and cannot get you financed, they should be able to return your deposit even if the finance guy tells your sales rep to tell you that you may not get that deposit back.

Share your experience with us!

*This would assume you deposited for a hellcat that is going to be built to your specifications.
Not exactly the same issue, but along the same lines. I was worried my rate might change because we got the financing done and approved when we thought the Hellcat was going to be here. Since it isn't going to be here for about 30 days after, I was concerned that they would re-run my credit and each time they do that after 30 days it takes a small amount off your score. I talked to the finance guy about it and he called the bank and got them to hold everything so they won't need to re-run my credit or do anything else. I did do a pre-approval through Chrysler though before I went in and ordered, just to be safe.:)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not exactly the same issue, but along the same lines. I was worried my rate might change because we got the financing done and approved when we thought the Hellcat was going to be here. Since it isn't going to be here for about 30 days after, I was concerned that they would re-run my credit and each time they do that after 30 days it takes a small amount off your score. I talked to the finance guy about it and he called the bank and got them to hold everything so they won't need to re-run my credit or do anything else. I did do a pre-approval through Chrysler though before I went in and ordered, just to be safe.:)
Yeah my rep says it's still good for 30 days because it's pulled already tho

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They run your credit, they do a soft pull, before they order you a car, There not going to order you a car if your credit (at least in there eyes) wont fly
My dealership did the opposite, took deposit first. I walked in a month and half later then did a soft pull.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
My dealership did the opposite, took deposit first. I walked in a month and half later then did a soft pull.
I guess it is a little different for me since I have bought so many cars from them, they had a basic idea of my credit and income so they knew it would be okay. I am the one that forced them to get the credit done so I would know what the payment and interest was going to be. I am just glad they are able to lock in the rate even if it passes the 30 days.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
760 Posts
I guess it is a little different for me since I have bought so many cars from them, they had a basic idea of my credit and income so they knew it would be okay. I am the one that forced them to get the credit done so I would know what the payment and interest was going to be. I am just glad they are able to lock in the rate even if it passes the 30 days.
My inside guy at the dealer I bought from IS the finance manager. I've bought from him twice so my experience is like yours, Tammie. He has the basic idea of my credit and he can "work his magic" as he put it to get me the best rate. Plus, I'm putting a good chunk down too.

Reactions: Carnage and 630

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
796 Posts
Honestly I've been with the same company for many years and many vehicles. They don't even run my credit the last few purchases. If you can build a relationship with a bank do so, it helps.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
760 Posts
Car comes with 8 gallons...that should give me a good lead lol
Yes, about 5 minutes worth at full power...should get you around 10 to 12 miles :p:p

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Car comes with 8 gallons...that should give me a good lead lol
Yeah, in my State they have starting buying those little Fo$d SUV's. You would have time to stop and fill up before that POS caught up to you!! One of those lil buggers pulled me over the other day. Claimed I WAS SPEEDING...such b.s. I just don't do things like that.:oops: Good thing they don't track how many times they pull me over and give me a warning...;)

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Yes, about 5 minutes worth at full power...should get you around 10 to 12 miles :p:p
HOLY CRAP!! You are still capable of doing math? My brain is so fried from Hellcat withdrawal I have to use Excel spreadsheets to do everything for me...Although that would entail getting off the forum long enough to run a formula in Excel. LOL :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
796 Posts
Yeah, in my State they have starting buying those little Fo$d SUV's. You would have time to stop and fill up before that POS caught up to you!! One of those lil buggers pulled me over the other day. Claimed I WAS SPEEDING...such b.s. I just don't do things like that.:oops: Good thing they don't track how many times they pull me over and give me a warning...;)
Lol donate to the local police charities and let them get to know you.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
760 Posts
HOLY CRAP!! You are still capable of doing math? My brain is so fried from Hellcat withdrawal I have to use Excel spreadsheets to do everything for me...Although that would entail getting off the forum long enough to run a formula in Excel. LOL :D
It's one of my strong points...I have very few so I embrace the ones I do have :D

Reactions: 630

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Lol donate to the local police charities and let them get to know you.
Oh, HELLS NO!!! I know enough of them already. I am thinking I should have ordered camo colored Hellcat!! LOL:D Popo says to other Popo "Did you see that just fly by?" Other Popo says "Nope, didn't see anything!" LOLo_O...told ya I was losing it

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.