SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at stuff on the Colorado Mile and it got me thinking:
  • From a stop how long would it take a Hellcat (Challenger or Charger) to get to top speed?
  • From a roll (say 80mph on a closed course because we don’t speed on the highway) how long would it take to get to top speed?

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
Down at KSC, the are getting it done in 2.3 miles.

Down there, they are getting to 180-185mph in one mile, so it's taking another 1.3miles just to add on the remaining 15mph.

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
And 0 to 80mph is worth about an 1/8 of a mile, so that the answer to the rolling start.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Down there, they are getting to 180-185mph in one mile, so it's taking another 1.3miles just to add on the remaining 15mph.
And 0 to 80mph is worth about an 1/8 of a mile, so that the answer to the rolling start.
So 2.3 miles from zero, and then 2-2.1 miles from 80mph?

·
Registered
4,187 Posts

What happens if you hit an elk at 200mph?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you live to tell about it you get hamburger for a year (if you kill a deer or elk with your vehicle you can get a salvage tag and keep the meat).

This is why I said closed course. 200mph on a public road is a bad idea for multiple reasons. Years ago I had a 2010 Camaro SS and a guy from Canada hit a moose in his car going north of 100mph. He figured the only reason he lived is he was going fast enough to get under the moose before it landed on his windshield (I think it landed on the trunk). Here in Montana there’s just too much wildlife on the roads to be really stupid, even when you think the road is clear.

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts

I get your point, but I don't suspect that there are too many elk down on the runway of the Kennedy Space Center....

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I get your point, but I don't suspect that there are too many elk down on the runway of the Kennedy Space Center....
Making more of a joke than a point. I'm sure its safe.

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Seriously at KSC you have to watch out for birds; have yet to hit one, but a few have, and apparently they will shatter a windshield in a heartbeat and make you thankful for a good helmet.

And to follow up as Bull said 2+ miles to get a STOCK hellcat over 200.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well i just want to add that my '15 H/C M6 WAS MUCH FASTER THAN MY 18 W/B H/C M6,been having an issue with my pedal responce is crap,even with 95 throttle body,an CAI....NOW the 19 W/B H/C is 717,Sounds like there shitting us NOW

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
Here's a video of a manual Hellcat Challenger top speed:

Short shifting didn't help the car one bit.

R.K.

I wonder why the driver did that?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts