SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Charger JB about 2 weeks ago and still nothing on the tracking website. Dealer said they had an allocation and 5N9 is on my POC and they were listed on dodge website JB dealer locator. Dealer told me the website will update when the order is picked up. Just getting a little anxious since nothing seems to be happening and curious how long it should take to get the order picked up. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I ordered a Charger JB about 2 weeks ago and still nothing on the tracking website. Dealer said they had an allocation and 5N9 is on my POC and they were listed on dodge website JB dealer locator. Dealer told me the website will update when the order is picked up. Just getting a little anxious since nothing seems to be happening and curious how long it should take to get the order picked up. Thanks

I can only speak of my personal journey.
1- I ordered a HCW back on 06/29, got an email from Dodge/SRT on 06/30 along with VIN+Allocation. As of today. my order's sitting in D status.
2- Placed a new order charger JB on 08/02.//Dealer claimed they had an allocation and sure enough... they are listed via Dodge website as Charger JB dealer locator for August. Here is the tricky part, I got the VON immediately no VIN or 5N9. Will follow up with the dealership by next week for update.
The process is very exhausted Pal~

·
Vendor
44 Posts

in my experience you wont see any movement for some time. typically 4-10 weeks before you see any changes. its a tough wait.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I ordered on 7/20 and got a VON immediately but haven't seen any movement beyond that and it still just says no information about your vehicle on the order tracking site.

The 5N9 code on my POC means the dealer had an allocation, correct? The dealer was on the JB list when I ordered but not on the new list for Chargers. This can be quite a frustrating ordering process lol. I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, but figure you all understand what I mean.

·
Registered
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/22, DELIVERED 08/12/2022
254 Posts
I suggest you learn some patience if you're going through this process, nothing is happening fast, My SS "SHIPPED" over a month ago with no movement after months of waiting for it to be built. Now it's months waiting for shipping! You'll give yourself an ulcer:)

The very few examples of a 5-6 week process are very rare occurrences!

·
Registered
622 Posts
IMO some of you guys ordered your cars too late in the year. When I ordered my Cat in April, Dodge already stopped taking orders for WBRE. (they still were taking regular body RE orders though) Anyways I ordered a regular WBHC and it was delivered at the end of June. 717 hp is enough power………..for now ;)

The manufacturers are running out of a lot parts. Not just electronic chips. Which was a half truth in the first place. Since there are parts shortages, quality control isn’t as good as it used to be.

Edit: According to my dealership. And they said I got their last allocation

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input, I guess my main concern is just confirming the 5N9 code means the dealer did in fact have an allocation and the car will most likely be built. Being in limbo with no way to verify one way or the other is the issue, not so much the wait. Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the input, I guess my main concern is just confirming the 5N9 code means the dealer did in fact have an allocation and the car will most likely be built. Being in limbo with no way to verify one way or the other is the issue, not so much the wait. Thanks.

Very interesting… this process has no logical explanation. I just checked my status online and sure enough… and from no where… my order’s sitting in D status.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
39 Posts
IMO some of you guys ordered your cars too late in the year. When I ordered my Cat in April, Dodge already stopped taking orders for WBRE. (they still were taking regular body RE orders though) Anyways I ordered a regular WBHC and it was delivered at the end of June. 717 hp is enough power………..for now ;)

The manufacturers are running out of a lot parts. Not just electronic chips. Which was a half truth in the first place. Since there are parts shortages, quality control isn’t as good as it used to be.

Edit: According to my dealership. And they said I got their last allocation
Saw several Challenger Hellcats at Koons this week and the quality of fit of the hoods and fenders were quite disappointing.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Talked to the dealer and they said the order is in C status. Still no VIN and nothing shows on the tracking site. They assured me they did have an allocation and 5N9 was on my POC. That make sense/sound right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts