SRT Hellcat Forum banner

How many hellcats???? The real NUMBER?

16250 64
So the more I read on these forums what it the real order number? Almost every post I see, people have orders ant 2-3-4 dealers than buy one in stock at a dealer. So now there are 2-3-4 in the computer at the factory to be built, are these people calling the dealers were that have placed orders?? less in the system will get people like ME that only place one order!

It's a game I don't like this. I bet real orders is under 4000
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,242 Posts
So the more I read on these forums what it the real order number? Almost every post I see, people have orders ant 2-3-4 dealers than buy one in stock at a dealer. So now there are 2-3-4 in the computer at the factory to be built, are these people calling the dealers were that have placed orders?? less in the system will get people like ME that only place one order!

It's a game I don't like this. I bet real orders is under 4000
From what I've seen, the dealerships that have those orders tend to keep them because they know that, if the original buyer doesn't get it, then someone else will.

Also, because it is a sold order and not just a fake name in the system, they have the verification they need to Chrysler to receive the build.

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,453 Posts
It the ONE person that had orders at 3 different dealers. and than go buy one off the floor at a 4th dealer and now there are still 3 orders in the system hes not taking
And the dealer is loving it! So now we have a Hellcat availble to the next guy who's making phone calls and emailing for immediate availability.
Let me guess, you went with one dealer and are still waiting? Or you already have your car?

·
B5 Demon #2600, 1 of 1
Challenger SRT Demon
738 Posts
It the ONE person that had orders at 3 different dealers. and than go buy one off the floor at a 4th dealer and now there are still 3 orders in the system hes not taking
What else are we suppose to do? We ordered from our local small dealer and they have not gotten any allocations. So we order a 2nd car at a dealer that has been getting allocations and see what happens.. Don't hate the player, hate the allocation game

Reactions: HCApologist

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
well, when sold orders with 10 grand down sit untouched in VON for 5 months and the car is sitting built on a nearby lot at a savings ta boot.. what does one do? I only had one order in.. that dealer probably kept it for themselves. I made the switch.. saved 5 grand, have it now as opposed to maybe June at best... if there is a flood of extra cars Dodge can only blame themselves.

PS my old VON is still untouched according to the VON thread 32283124

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,453 Posts
Dealer wont be loving it when it sits on the lot

I work for a dealer, we have customers waiting,

I have a b5 hellcat on train now
Wow, really? How out of touch with reality are you? What part of supply and demand concept alludes your perception? I'd you work at a dealership, it's in no way a sales capacity. Because anyone (else) who moves metal would want to have as many unspoken for Hellcats on the lot as possible right now.

·
B5 Demon #2600, 1 of 1
Challenger SRT Demon
738 Posts
well, when sold orders with 10 grand down sit untouched in VON for 5 months and the car is sitting built on a nearby lot at a savings ta boot.. what does one do? I only had one order in.. that dealer probably kept it for themselves. I made the switch.. saved 5 grand, have it now as opposed to maybe June at best... if there is a flood of extra cars Dodge can only blame themselves.
I ordered mine on 9/20/14 and still in VON status. I had to try to do something to get a car. If a dealer called me and said they had one on the ground with the color/options I want I would ditch my orders and buy the one on the floor if it was at invoice.

Reactions: 630

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,453 Posts

PS my old VON is still untouched according to the VON thread 32283124
I'd bet it will be no sooner then this time next year that we will see any Hellcats just sitting on lots. I'll bet the 2015 orders will not all be built and would hope Dodge moves these orders to top of list for 2016 MY..

·
B5 Demon #2600, 1 of 1
Challenger SRT Demon
738 Posts
thats fine, have no problem with that, but you don't have orders all over the city. that's what i'm saying
I can't blame people that do, all they want is a car not a allocation game. Just sayn..

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,453 Posts
i'm not out of touch at all! so one person orders 4 hellcats. with intentions of only buying one. so thats 3 cars that could be built for someone that has one on order.
You are OUTTA touch. Your post here proves that. Because yes, Einstein, several people have done exactly that.
The folks who choose to hedge their bets. And for others this worked out to their advantages. The folks who are picking up those "orphaned" orders as we speak. Not a week is going by now where someone hasn't reached out and purchased one of these said Cats'
It's a Beautiful thing! Circle of life type stuff...we choose to disagree no worries

·
B5 Demon #2600, 1 of 1
Challenger SRT Demon
738 Posts
I see your point, buy what about the people that only ordered one. is it fair to them? they say they have 7000 orders, but really have 4000 because of double and triple orders
We didn't create the issue, we are just playing dodges game. If you didn't already have your car you would be doing the same thing. All the cars on dealers showroom floors are either canceled orders or priced way over sticker. So if I am helping others get cars and bringing down the prices at the same time that's a win win for others that want cars and myself.

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,453 Posts
thats fine, have no problem with that, but you don't have orders all over the city. that's what i'm saying\\

I guess i could just say F--- it I have my car. But that's not me I want our customers happy
I call BS- why is it AFTER you take delivery you become the watch dog for how to place and how many orders to place. It's worse then an ex smoker on his high horse. If you cared about the general public, why would you take yours first, wouldn't the "righteous" thing to do let the customers get theirs before you as an "insider" take delivery? I'd have taken delivery as well ASAP. But to sit in judgement now of others and how they chose to handle their purchase is just shameful. Again, must agree to respectfully disagree

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
The World is not fair!!!

I see your point, buy what about the people that only ordered one. is it fair to them? they say they have 7000 orders, but really have 4000 because of double and triple orders

This is my opinion and you have yours,

·
Driver of Badassery
Challenger SRT Hellcat
522 Posts
I
thats fine, have no problem with that, but you don't have orders all over the city. that's what i'm saying\\

I guess i could just say F--- it I have my car. But that's not me I want our customers happy
ordered mine on 9/13 I wanted all the documents showing the conception of my car , on 1/7/15 I decided that I needed to make a change because my dealer may not ever get an allocation and all sold orders might not get filled
One month later I will
Have a car , not the color I originally ordered but I'm good with that I look at it like I didn't know what I wanted originally lol

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,453 Posts
First mine is on the train. and will sit at work till spring. I do not need mine come take it
I am good but thank you. I bought to drive as a DD. And why would you purchase a garage queen when others are waiting to actually drive theirs. by your thought process, shouldn't you not be one to have bought one first. Others in better climate should go first based on what you've said so far..
And with that. I'm bored with your thought process. Again, on this we disagree. enjoy your ride this spring, I choose to enjoy mine now.

·
B5 Demon #2600, 1 of 1
Challenger SRT Demon
738 Posts
I guess I will just keep my opinion to myself
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Not trying to pick a fight or anything. I have had multiable mopars over the years and currently have 4 in the garage so when Dodge comes out with a new 700+ hp challenger I want one and have been waiting for over 4 months and still not even a VIN? If I had a VIN and had to wait at least I would know it was going to get here someday....

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.