SRT Hellcat Forum banner

How many hellcats???? The real NUMBER?

18K views 64 replies 28 participants last post by  MVT 
#1 ·
So the more I read on these forums what it the real order number? Almost every post I see, people have orders ant 2-3-4 dealers than buy one in stock at a dealer. So now there are 2-3-4 in the computer at the factory to be built, are these people calling the dealers were that have placed orders?? less in the system will get people like ME that only place one order!

It's a game I don't like this. I bet real orders is under 4000

#2 ·
So the more I read on these forums what it the real order number? Almost every post I see, people have orders ant 2-3-4 dealers than buy one in stock at a dealer. So now there are 2-3-4 in the computer at the factory to be built, are these people calling the dealers were that have placed orders?? less in the system will get people like ME that only place one order!

From what I've seen, the dealerships that have those orders tend to keep them because they know that, if the original buyer doesn't get it, then someone else will.

Also, because it is a sold order and not just a fake name in the system, they have the verification they need to Chrysler to receive the build.

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
Wow, really? How out of touch with reality are you? What part of supply and demand concept alludes your perception? I'd you work at a dealership, it's in no way a sales capacity. Because anyone (else) who moves metal would want to have as many unspoken for Hellcats on the lot as possible right now.

#13 ·
You are OUTTA touch. Your post here proves that. Because yes, Einstein, several people have done exactly that.
The folks who choose to hedge their bets. And for others this worked out to their advantages. The folks who are picking up those "orphaned" orders as we speak. Not a week is going by now where someone hasn't reached out and purchased one of these said Cats'
It's a Beautiful thing! Circle of life type stuff...we choose to disagree no worries

#19 ·
First mine is on the train. and will sit at work till spring. I do not need mine come take it
I am good but thank you. I bought to drive as a DD. And why would you purchase a garage queen when others are waiting to actually drive theirs. by your thought process, shouldn't you not be one to have bought one first. Others in better climate should go first based on what you've said so far..
And with that. I'm bored with your thought process. Again, on this we disagree. enjoy your ride this spring, I choose to enjoy mine now.

#20 ·
I guess I will just keep my opinion to myself
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. Not trying to pick a fight or anything. I have had multiable mopars over the years and currently have 4 in the garage so when Dodge comes out with a new 700+ hp challenger I want one and have been waiting for over 4 months and still not even a VIN? If I had a VIN and had to wait at least I would know it was going to get here someday....

#22 ·
VON's are one thing, VIN's are another, Dodge has kept the numbers hidden very well and their VIN number system can't tell how many, I'm skeptical on what people post.

#23 ·

4,000 orders placed during the 1st week the order banks opened in September.

This is where the order system is broke - How does a person that places an order in July 2014 not have their car built/delivered before a person that placed their order in October 2014 and is about to get their car delivered in February 2015? Meanwhile, the July 2014 customer doesn't even have a VIN yet.

If I was the July person, I would find a dealership with available allocation (this is also at the recommendation of the SRT Customer Service Desk) and place an order with them. Or, if they found a built car on the lot; go purchase that one. Again, cancelling their original order, however, this also means the dealership needs to do their part and follow through vs. keeping it in the system knowing that someone will buy that car due to current demand.

I'll try to avoid my Dodge dealership rant because after the past 6 months, I can maybe count less than 5 out of at least 50-60 that I would legitimately trust.

#27 ·
4,000 orders placed during the 1st week the order banks opened in September.

This is where the order system is broke - How does a person that places an order in July 2014 not have their car built/delivered before a person that placed their order in October 2014 and is about to get their car delivered in February 2015? Meanwhile, the July 2014 customer doesn't even have a VIN yet......
Orders weren't taken by Dodge until September, which means any dealer taking a deposit for a car they knowingly couldn't truly order in July was wrong to do so... My salesman wouldn't take a deposit until he could physically order it in his system (9-18).

Many dealers took deposits that they shouldn't have, anyone who placed an order in September from a dealer, are stuck behind July and August deposits. That same dealer gets two cars and has 14 deposits, that's a customer service nightmare for the dealer, not Dodge.

#24 ·
I ordered 2 Hellcats same day from 2 different dealers.
1- Hellcat on the ground.
2- Hellcat Vin# being built.
I wanted to make sure I got 1 of the 2 ordered.
I will sell the spare for 80-85K in the summer.

WT

#25 ·
An Honest man that knows himself. If you agree or disagree, I respect anyone who speaks their mind and well as the hard part; standing behind ones believes and being able to explain why they think certain ways (if they choose to share) ...hypocrites and lap dogs regurgitating crap they heard Simebody else say just piss me off!

#34 ·
I can't say that all dealers were on the same page as far as allocation or they just thought it would only last for the first few months, but my dealer knew about it and was only taking deposits to get in line, they were refundable and they would not place an order until an allocation came in for the next person, this way they didn't have to deal with people calling and asking the same question of when is my VON going to get a VIN, you knew that a VON was getting a VIN , so it is no surprise that some dealers are now returning deposits because they can't fill an order placed in the 2015 run, I feel bad for the guys waiting in a long line when they didn't have to.......

#43 ·
What? Jim doesn't have thick skin????? If your going to post it expect answers you didn't expect or questions you might not want to answer...

#44 ·

When I originally placed my order the dealer said only 2,000.. doesn't seem to be the case. I think a lot of people were left in the dark after the car was first announced, which lead to a lot of misinformation and speculation (some dealers didn't even know what options would be/are available). I also thought the hellcat would be limited production..

anyway mines at the dealership waiting to be picked up, but the damn snow here isn't kind....

#45 ·
I don't blame anyone for hedging their bets. We are all in the same boat. We all want our Challenger Hellcats as soon as possible. I put my deposit in back in early August guaranteed at MSRP. Here I am at the end of January with a VON and nothing more. The dealer won't say how far down the list I am so for the past few weeks I have been searching high and low for my car.
Trying to find a dealer with an available allocation that can order my car. Anything on the lot is a presold order or they want $10000 to £20000 over list. Then if I find a dealer with an allocation will I get a VIN in a week and then 6 to 8 weeks to build or do I end up like quite a few guys with a VIN and many months later still no Hellcat.
In an ideal world I want to find my exact spec Hellcat sitting on a lot unsold at MSRP. I do not want to pay an ADM on principle. Watch this space :)

#46 ·
anyway mines at the dealership waiting to be picked up, but the damn snow here isn't kind....[/QUOTE]
did you go ahead and "close" on it? I was too paranoid not to.. Kept seeing somebody walking in the door with a briefcase full of cash and a weak sales manager.

#47 ·
I still have a von sitting from an unfulfilled order in December at the small dealer. And, now I have one coming in March from allocation I got in January. by the way, I was number one on that small dealers list and they still don't have one. I'm going to let them know I already have one coming but I thought it would be nice if they would take the order if they get it and then someone here might be able to have it. No?

#48 ·
Mine is the same issue, small dealer with no allocations and still in VON status. Did you put down a deposit on the 1st one? If so I would cancel the order and get your money back, let the dealer decide if they want to keep the order and build the car. If no deposit then I guess it does not matter either way.

#54 ·
anyway mines at the dealership waiting to be picked up, but the damn snow here isn't kind....
did you go ahead and "close" on it? I was too paranoid not to.. Kept seeing somebody walking in the door with a briefcase full of cash and a weak sales manager.[/QUOTE]

"Closing it" today, fortunately the dealer is a family friend so I'm not worried about that scenario. However, I could see that happening at other dealerships. Since the hellcat is still in their inventory, they said they have been getting calls with potential buyers saying "name your price." One guy from out of state has called multiple times. If your in the waiting game for pickup due to weather, (or any other reason) I would get it transferred into your name ASAP (as long as its at the dealership of course).

#55 ·
Plus, wanted to do the dealership a "solid" and get it marked sold, thus putting them in the hat for next allocation. All while getting free climate controlled storage. and there's a little boy in me that loves seeing his play toy center stage, getting all the attention

#56 ·
all good reasons haha.. I just get weary of everyone wanting to sit in it, breath on it, etc.. I trust my dealer, but I can see the temptation surrounding this car. I am taking my trailer over to transport it back to safer territory.

#59 ·
So I found this on allpar.com today News Hellcat takes a big bite of Challenger sales Allpar Chrysler Dodge and Jeep News :

The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is making its mark. The limited edition muscle car accounted for 9% of all Challenger sales so far in the 2015 model year. Considering that the Hellcat’s base price is $14,000 higher than the Challenger SRT 392 and $28,500 more than the Challenger R/T with the 5.7-liter HEMI, nine percent is quite an achievement.

Plummeting gas prices may be having an effect on sales of the HEMI V8s. In the 2014 model year, the SXT with the Pentastar V6 accounted for 53% of all Challenger sales. So far in the 2015 model year, that percentage has dropped to 38% while the R/T (including the R/T Scat Pack) has become the best-selling trim line.

The greater customer preference for Hemi V8s is no doubt satisfying to the factory workers and production coordinators, given the popularity of the Jeep Cherokee and Wrangler, which use the same powerplant (along with the 200, minivans, Rams, 300, Charger, and ProMaster).

2015 DODGE CHALLENGER SALES BY MODEL LINE
2015 Model Year 2014 Model Year
SXT 38% SXT 53%
R/T 31% R/T 37%
R/T Scat Pack 16% R/T Shaker 4%
SRT 392 6% SRT Core 3%
Hellcat 9% SRT8 3%

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.