SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
902 Posts
what was wrong with the radiator? I have a 2015 also and smell coolant every so often,,,dealer pressure tested both Intercooler and radiator and said they both passed!
The tanks on the sides (right side in my case) leak where they crimp the plastic tank to the aluminium radiator. I had to put UV dye in cooling system for them to find the leak. If you put dye in make sure it's for coolant not oil I got it at napa . The chaine stores only had the dye for oil.There are some old post on this problem some blew the tanks off resulting in a tow truck ride.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
16 Posts
Bought my 2016 new on November 15th 2016. 21,000 miles and still 100% stock except oil. It's still wearing the original Pirelli P Zero Neros. Never had an issue with the car. There was one recall on the cruise control but I never had any issues with it.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
153 Posts
what was wrong with the radiator? I have a 2015 also and smell coolant every so often,,,dealer pressure tested both Intercooler and radiator and said they both passed!
My 2015 developed a small leak about month after I bought it, and that was three months after the Canadian warranty expired. But I found a TSB for incorrectly crimped radiator tanks, and like the other poster, mine was the right side. The dealer replaced it, parts and labour, at no charge. Would have been around $1000.00 to do that. You should not smell coolant, and a slow seep may pass a pressure test ( depending on how they interpret the gauge loss of pressure).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not saying you're wrong but where are you seeing these deals. From what I can find, everything is about the same price as when I was looking back in jan-feb this year.
I just bought a 2020 HellCat and I found plenty of deals - of course today is the last day for HP for dollars. I got over a $13,000 discount of MSRP and Bill Luke in Phoenix has a Frostbite Redeye and they offered the $7,970 plus an additional $6,500 off MSRP. If you wnat a 2019 Destroyer Grey, I found a redeye for 69,000 in Utah.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I just bought a 2020 HellCat and I found plenty of deals - of course today is the last day for HP for dollars. I got over a $13,000 discount of MSRP and Bill Luke in Phoenix has a Frostbite Redeye and they offered the $7,970 plus an additional $6,500 off MSRP. If you wnat a 2019 Destroyer Grey, I found a redeye for 69,000 in Utah.
I was talkin used.
I should have put that in there. 😕

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had heard and don't remember the source but 15 had a plastic portion of the radiator cracked and broke? Google it or check the forum? Hope this helps. Regards Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
2015 with a bit over 81K miles. Just can’t drive much lately. Sheltered in place:( . Needed front wheel speed sensors for $40 each and front brake pads for about $150, (used OEM pads). Oh yeah,4 or 5 sets of tires. I‘ve lost track. It’s just been a fantastic daily driver. Feel like 16 again. Gas is cheap and I’m grounded. ( yea I’m over 65 and forever a mopar fan)
I am 69 but feel youth in my Hellcat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
275 Posts
Hey guys I saw a thread for this but it was a year or so ago. How many miles are on your hellcat? Have you had any problems at the 40 or 50k mile mark? If so what problems ? I bought mine with 30k miles on it a year ago. I kinda wish I got one with less miles , but I currently have 37k and no problems at all. I over paid for it by a couple thousand. I got it for 48k a year ago. Probably should of been 44 or 45. But too late now . Anybody touch 100k miles ? I just do not see too many people who put a lot of miles on these cars.
467 miles. It's a 2019 Redeye I bought last year before winter!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
71 Posts
2018 Charger Hellcat, little over 18k miles, daily driver and knock on wood no issues. I did replace the rear tires with Continentals last year for the summer .... 1000% increase in traction over the Pirelli all seasons. Only other mod is LMI intake (for the whine) and some under hood billet tech bling.

I had a 2007 300C SRT8 with 110k miles that I sold when I bought this one.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
8 Posts
Hey guys I saw a thread for this but it was a year or so ago. How many miles are on your hellcat? Have you had any problems at the 40 or 50k mile mark? If so what problems ? I bought mine with 30k miles on it a year ago. I kinda wish I got one with less miles , but I currently have 37k and no problems at all. I over paid for it by a couple thousand. I got it for 48k a year ago. Probably should of been 44 or 45. But too late now . Anybody touch 100k miles ? I just do not see too many people who put a lot of miles on these cars.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
8 Posts
I bought my Charger Hellcat New in 2016 no miles and now she has 105,000. No real problems. Waiting on dodge to release the 2021 Charger Hellcat redeye Widebody to replace her.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
The tanks on the sides (right side in my case) leak where they crimp the plastic tank to the aluminium radiator. I had to put UV dye in cooling system for them to find the leak. If you put dye in make sure it's for coolant not oil I got it at napa . The chaine stores only had the dye for oil.There are some old post on this problem some blew the tanks off resulting in a tow truck ride.
I'm going to change my oil soon, is this something I can see or find once under the car or is it so hidden only the dealer can see it?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
My 2015 developed a small leak about month after I bought it, and that was three months after the Canadian warranty expired. But I found a TSB for incorrectly crimped radiator tanks, and like the other poster, mine was the right side. The dealer replaced it, parts and labour, at no charge. Would have been around $1000.00 to do that. You should not smell coolant, and a slow seep may pass a pressure test ( depending on how they interpret the gauge loss of pressure).
I'm going to change my oil soon, is this something I can see or find once under the car or is it so hidden only the dealer can see it?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
2016 Challenger Hellcat, right around 10,000 miles but I'm in Alaska so driving season is not year round. She just spent from Mid October to about last week, Late April garaged waiting for dry roads. Finally here

·
Registered
20 Posts
2015 with a bit over 81K miles. Just can’t drive much lately. Sheltered in place:( . Needed front wheel speed sensors for $40 each and front brake pads for about $150, (used OEM pads). Oh yeah,4 or 5 sets of tires. I‘ve lost track. It’s just been a fantastic daily driver. Feel like 16 again. Gas is cheap and I’m grounded. ( yea I’m over 65 and forever a mopar fan)
I feel your pain.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
902 Posts
When you change your oil if the belly pan is dry you should be ok. When I changed mine I started the Cat and let it get to temp. I shut her down laid under the car and had a beer. Nothing. went out two days later to put the belly pan on and found about an ounce of coolant on the ground but could not see where it came from.

·
Registered
116 Posts
2016 with 2600 miles.Purchased it with 1850 miles on it in Oct 2019. The reason why there is so little miles is because Covat-19 can"t go to the track or car shows yet also a lot of wet weather.Sure I can take it out for a ride in good weather but I got to be careful of how fast I am driving or take a chance of getting a speeding ticket or worse get caught doing 100 MPH you loose your license in this state on the spot plus a nice fine.These cars are made to be driven fast or your wasting your money.
What state are you in? I went and got tires put on this morning and hit 144 on the way home

41 - 60 of 86 Posts