SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been going back and forth on this . I personally dig the way it looks .. what’s everyone’s opinion on this ?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,866 Posts
Do you still have the film on the radio screen and the plastic on the seats?
Crazy this is even a question.....
Maybe get the matching pink mud guards and bug shield too.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
867 Posts
So I’ve been going back and forth on this . I personally dig the way it looks .. what’s everyone’s opinion on this ?
If you dig the way it looks why are you asking a bunch of people THEIR opinion on it? Did you buy your car for you to enjoy, or for everyone else to enjoy by looking at you?

IMO they're a shipping guard, since you are no longer shipping the car they don't belong, but as stated above, you pay for the car do whatever you want to it.

Just don't get upset when you go to a meet and the only other owners that have them are v6 cars trying to seem like they're higher badged than they actually are.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Do you still have the film on the radio screen and the plastic on the seats?
Crazy this is even a question.....
Maybe get the matching pink mud guards and bug shield too.
When I bought my 16 cat 3 years ago used it had 7300 miles on it, lip protectors still in place, scrim on the nav panel, and plastic on all the seats short of the driver seat which had a slip on cover on it. I LOVED taking it all off and seeing things still like new under it all. It actually was a reason I bought it it was so pristine, I new who ever owned it before me probably never went over 55 with it either lol. I changed all that :)
It’s your car, to each their own, but they did change them from yellow to pink for a reason lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,968 Posts
Noooop. Got rid of the factory crap right away.

Reactions: Chancey and THEONE

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,866 Posts
When I bought my 16 cat 3 years ago used it had 7300 miles on it, lip protectors still in place, scrim on the nav panel, and plastic on all the seats short of the driver seat which had a slip on cover on it. I LOVED taking it all off and seeing things still like new under it all. It actually was a reason I bought it it was so pristine, I new who ever owned it before me probably never went over 55 with it either lol. I changed all that :)
It’s your car, to each their own, but they did change them from yellow to pink for a reason lol
I get it and the new factor, but, when you style your car around a shipping guard it just seems silly. I have seen a black cat with ABD yellow cat badges and PC yellow calipers just to theme from the shipping guards. All I could think at this car show was how cheesy that is......

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,403 Posts
Oh, please remove them. You don't know how hard somebody at Dodge worked to come up with a color that was supposed to force owners to remove these guards. This apparently because the dealers were unable to read the molded in instructions "TO BE REMOVED BY DEALER".

If the color isn't offensive enough I'm afraid the great Dodge splitter guard engineer will have to try maybe adding some foul odor to the plastic to cause the driver to do what the dealer failed to do.

On a more serious note I got my Hellcat (2018) delivered with the guards in place. Given I was picking up my Hellcat I frankly didn't really pay much attention. What attention I had to spare was focused on the over inflated tires. Dealer failed in that regard, too.

Later when I realized/learned the guards were supposed to be removed when I took the car in for service I simply forgot. Then one time I remembered and asked the guards be removed but the service advisor told me they were supposed to be there. I never went back to that dealer for anything.

Then another time I asked they be removed and the tech was unable to get them off...

Finally they were removed. And as some have mentioned there was some signs of abrasion where the guards had been. Not that obvious. Only the most OCD Dodge owner would even notice this after he recovered from the shock of seeing "dust" on his most precious car's wheels...

Had I wanted to leave them on to protect the splitter and they were clearly doing this I would have had to replace them as the bottoms were worn away from scraping on pavement. Don't know where you are but where I lived the Hellcat splitter scraped at almost every drive entrance/exit.

Leave them on. Take them off. Up to you. As I mentioned they do protect the splitter if it drags where you live/drive. They did for my car. But when I moved to Benton County AR the splitter never made contact with the pavement.

My 2020 Scat Pack came with guards removed and I don't think the splitter has made contact with the pavement even once.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
778 Posts
I think I had the only dealer in the nation that actually took them off prior to me picking up the car. The way it’s supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think I had the only dealer in the nation that actually took them off prior to me picking up the car. The way it’s supposed to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not sure when they started putting them on but both my Challengers had them taken off and from two different dealers. So there are a few out there that know what they are doing.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Here's one solution. Paint them in Red Demonic to match the interior and provide some contrast. Now, the front bumper cover has some protection against curbs, which Dodge should have done from the get go.

View attachment 571645
ughhhh, I strongly dislike that you did this. AND you're a brass monkey crew member so this even further displeases me.

to each their own, but if you're worried about protecting the bumper then spend the $40 on skid protectors that bolt underneath and don't add a random red blob to the beautiful body lines.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
760 Posts
ughhhh, I strongly dislike that you did this. AND you're a brass monkey crew member so this even further displeases me.

to each their own, but if you're worried about protecting the bumper then spend the $40 on skid protectors that bolt underneath and don't add a random red blob to the beautiful body lines.
Any chance of the URL for the skid protectors you refer? Thx...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,866 Posts
Here's one solution. Paint them in Red Demonic to match the interior and provide some contrast. Now, the front bumper cover has some protection against curbs, which Dodge should have done from the get go.

View attachment 571645
d2caeb168eeebfe614621a5775ffe9d1.gif

·
Registered
867 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Hellcat
42 Posts
On my 2019 Pitch black Widebody scatpack, I did the same thing...had it painted red. I recently upgraded to a 2017 Challenger Hellcat with 12k Mi. that doesn't have the chin spoiler guard...I have lightly scraped it twice in the past 4 months.....if I had my choice from new again, I would leave it on. the damage they say it does to the "paint", is way less than if you scrape it 1 time.
View attachment 571645

·
Registered
8 Posts
My car had 11 miles at the dealership. Had them remove the guard and there were already some scuff marks that I'll have to get corrected during my ceramic. I can't imagine what could happen after more sand and pebbles get in there.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts