SRT Hellcat Forum banner

How much power can these take

7K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  TheRedKey 
#1 ·
Hey, I’ve just brought a manual 16 hellcat Completely stock. I need to know about sourcing the right brand for reliability an best power. Pulley, pcm tuner, injectors/ fuel pump/? air box / exhaust Also how much tq can the clutches , gearbox, diff an half-shafts handle? Do I need to upgrade them as well, or what’s the weakest link with these cars. Only thinking 8-900hp at the wheel . But it’s gonna get beaten the crap out of. I’m hoping to get the parts shipped with the car out of San Fran within the next month or so going to New Zealand
Any leads appreciated

maybe a 2nd hand windscreen as well
Thanks Crazy

#2 ·
not really sure what you are asking, but the best reliable power is done in stock form. With that being said, buy what you want. I'd drive the car before you start moding the car...after all you might like it as is. I wont touch the engine on mine, its just fine as is. I do want one of the those diablo suspension controllers though...Ive been reading up on those and I like what I see out of it.

#5 ·
Thanks, I’m asking for 8-900 hp at the wheels without anything breaking. More or less a bulletproof set up. I don’t wanna go down the trail an error road costing me more money on inferior parts , an with shipping to New Zealand an with exchange rates it’s gonna cost me a packet.

#3 ·
I agree with McGavin.
Get the car, drive the car, get used to & know the car first.
They are very powerful right out of the gate, in fact it could be argued that for some people, even stock HP is too much and they wrap it around a tree in short order. Dont be that guy.
Then, if you still crave more and your abilities handling the car have grown, there is plenty of info out there, including well known shops like Forza tuning and others that have the recipe dialed down, including things that you may not have thought of or considered, but may well need to safely run those numbers.

#8 ·
Hey, I’ve just brought a manual 16 hellcat Completely stock. I need to know about sourcing the right brand for reliability an best power. Pulley, pcm tuner, injectors/ fuel pump/? air box / exhaust Also how much tq can the clutches , gearbox, diff an half-shafts handle? Do I need to upgrade them as well, or what’s the weakest link with these cars. Only thinking 8-900hp at the wheel . But it’s gonna get beaten the crap out of. I’m hoping to get the parts shipped with the car out of San Fran within the next month or so going to New Zealand
Any leads appreciated

maybe a 2nd hand windscreen as well
Thanks Crazy
This forum has a lot of information on the topics you are interested in. Use the search function, spend an evening or two, and you'll get your answers. Just don't expect someone to sum it up in a paragraph or two: there are many options and even more opinions.

#10 · (Edited)
Not sure you can make a “built proof” M6 at 900 whp. Dodge won’t sell the Redeye with the M6 as it won’t hold the power reliably (Measly 700ish whp). I have seen “Mod to fame” go through lots of clutches trying to hold crazy power out of the M6. Might want to look up his stuff, as he has done lots of trial and error. If you want bullet proof trans, might want put to dial back the power a bit.

What fuel you plan on running? What your budget? Turbos or bigger SC? At your desired power level, your pretty much replacing everything behind the engine, and nothing is built proof, if you play hard.

At a minimum, upgrade your drive shaft, half shafts, and clutch. Lots of things will and do break at your desired power levels.

#19 · (Edited)
I have 16 manual. In the shop now for 1000 crank which is about its limit without changing the engine's internals. Should be around 900 wheel +/-

E85, Metco 2.75 upper, ATI 10% lower. Supporting mods for that power = new Spec clutch and Renegade axles. P4D differential brace and CCI driveshaft. BW 3.5 larger heat exchanger. Fore fuel pump and larger FIC 1200 injectors. (see bio/signature below)

If you are NOT going to track the car (drag) You most likely wont need the DS or axles. Those things typically brake on a prepped track with drag radials or slicks. Stock tires on the street wont grip enough to break 'em. But, I would get them for the "insurance".

Also the CCI ds mount has to be modified if you run a Barton shifter. Just go with GForce or Wiles iirc.

Reactions: 2fast4u
#21 ·
Excuse my stupidity, what’s a CCI ds mount? Yeah I’m getting a Barton shifter if that’s the best way to go. Bummer about the non forged bottom end. Are 17 an later forged? Thanks for your reply. Also just found out the windscreens cracked in shipping my car 🤭

#22 ·
CCI is a drive shaft brand, like DSS, Wiles, GForce QA1.

Reactions: Crazy jo
#23 ·
All hellcats have forged internals, just the 18’s and up have a bit better rod with better bolts ( their ALL powder forged rods, Even the demon, the Hellephant has real forged 4140 rods) I’ve had 16 stock block to 925 wheel.

That was last year, this year total rebuild, still 377 cubes and getting “just” 50 more HP out of it took a bunch more boost, you’ll need 100 octane fuel no doubt to get here.

But 60-130 in under 6 seconds is GREAT!!

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Screenshot
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Slope

#26 ·
@16GoManGoHC what do you have going on there with the CAI?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.