SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,015 Posts
approx 1 3/16 inches

Reactions: ghostcat

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
30 mm(edited to correct as my brain said 30 and my stupid right finger put in 40):(:(

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,015 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,146 Posts
Width of a tire is characterized by Section Width (think max. sidewall width) and Tread Width. As stated above, the Section Width varies by manufacturer. You may also need to consider Overall Height which varies with speed. Ask the respective tire rep. (Pirelli/Nitto) for this information...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
444 Posts
I guess you are think about 305's on your car. Me too. I'd hate to buy new rims and tires and chuck the brand new rears away. Maybe a set of drag 305 radials that I can use for everyday - short trips in good weather.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bought nitto 555r's

at 1" bigger it wont even be visible

was hoping for more, but its about what i figured...photo's ive seen show pretty much no difference...and at 1/2" per side i can see why....oh well....my wife always tells me every 1" counts....

·
Thread Killer
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,034 Posts
bought nitto 555r's

was hoping for more, but its about what i figured...photo's ive seen show pretty much no difference...and at 1/2" per side i can see why....oh well....my wife always tells me every 1" counts....
does she look sincere when she says that?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
bought nitto 555r's

An inch is quite a bit when it is on the car. Ultimately it's a trade off of bigger vs. fit problems. Sometimes percentages put things into perspective better. The 305 is 10.9% wider than the 275 (in general terms -- there is variation by brand).

If you made 10.9% more money this year I bet it would sound like a lot. A 10.9% wider tire doesn't sound like much but it is.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,079 Posts
Do the 555r 305's fit well on the charger? (rear only)
I Need to buy this week

Thx

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
Do the 555r 305's fit well on the charger? (rear only)
I Need to buy this week

Thx
I don't have them but there are several folks here that do. On the stock rim it's a close fit but no rubbing or issues anywhere is what people are saying.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tires arrived....they sure look a lot more than 1" wider....just visually looking at one sitting next to the other...i suppose mounting them will change the appearance....but right now they look massive

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
tires arrived....they sure look a lot more than 1" wider....just visually looking at one sitting next to the other...i suppose mounting them will change the appearance....but right now they look massive
I told you an inch is big LOL... Hope you like them.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
194 Posts
I guess you are think about 305's on your car. Me too. I'd hate to buy new rims and tires and chuck the brand new rears away. Maybe a set of drag 305 radials that I can use for everyday - short trips in good weather.
315/35-20 BFGoodrich G-Force Rivals 1.45 inches wider only on back and no rubbing issues!! Boy does it look SINISTER!!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
315/35-20 BFGoodrich G-Force Rivals 1.45 inches wider only on back and no rubbing issues!! Boy does it look SINISTER!!
Really? Your going to talk shiz like this with no pictures? Really? LOL ;) Pics!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.