SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious, I just turned 24 when I bought mine, people make me feel as if I shouldn't be able to have it / I'm lucky to have it at all. I was 10 years old when Dodge released the SRT8 and I always told myself "I'm gonna get one of those no matter how hard I have to work" Here I am now with my 3rd SRT product. I work hard and believe my time and effort have been greatly rewarded. How old must I be to own a hellcat in peace? :unsure:

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
521 Posts
40, but before the Hellcat I had a ZL1 Camaro and an SS Camaro.... so you can say I've had toys for the last 10 years roughly..

·
Registered
565 Posts
42 here but I was 30 when I really started to reward myself with non-necessary items.

I think age has nothing to do with owning a Hellcat in peace. It's financial situation that should be the judge there. If you have a home, started a solid retirement plan, have at least 6 months living expense in saving and aren't living paycheck to paycheck it shouldn't matter. If you are barely making ends meet though then I would question someone priorities. Age does play a factor in things most of the time as it takes time to get solidly on your feet to where most can afford luxury items but some people figure that out with a lot of hard work and some good fortune early on in life. If that's the case for you, feel blessed and ignore those whom can't appreciate you rewarding yourself for your hard work. If not, then as douchebag as it sounds, you should be smarter with things as life events do happen. Most people in their early 20's have that "wont happen to me" mentality so they don't plan ahead and unfortunately fall on some very hard times when something does happen. Seen it happen with a lot of close friends growing up and I would hate to see it happen to anyone else.

For the most part it's nobody's business how secure you are as long as you are at least smart enough with your money to not impact them (winding up on Government subsidies because you can't manage your money).

I'm going to assume you fall into have things covered category so going to end with, congrats on your early success!

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
196 Posts
I was always a classic car person. I got my first 65 GTO at 24 yrs old. In fact the only modern sports car (not including super cars and hyper cars) that I've thought looked really good were these Challengers. Almost bought a Demon back in 2018 until the dealer changed his markup from 5k to 20k the morning I was to pick up the car (glad I didn't buy it as I'd rather drive my cars vs let them sit). Ordered a REWB earlier this month the day before my 36th birthday 🎊😃🎊. So guess that means I was 35 when ordering my first hellcat, but I'll be 36 when receiving my first hellcat (assuming it delivers this year haha).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
396 Posts
I always felt that for the middle class bracket the car should not be more than 1/2 of your yearly pre-tax income. So if you make above $120K-150K/year, you can afford it. And if you have to finance it, you can't afford it, regardless. Just my point of view...

·
Premium Member
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
964 Posts
54 here, but I've always had fast cars or bikes. My favorite one but gone now was a 71 Pontiac Formula Firebird, 455 4spd. It sold on Barrett Jackson years ago & I lost track of it.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
713 Posts
51...56 Wednesday 5 years of a very happy relationship!

1 - 20 of 135 Posts