SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I want to drive my jeep grand cherokee SRT8 2017 on Auto mode with MDS (Not to shut the MDS off), but definitely want to minimise or eliminate the drone sound.
Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have an 18 SRT Durango and very much dislike the farty/blatty 4 cyl mode but to my knowledge most of us just deal or keep it in sport mode..I don't think changing the exhaust system will mitigate that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,397 Posts
the MDS drone made me sell mine.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,129 Posts
If you guys have a SPORT mode, that shuts it completely off. On my old Scat Pack, it worked in STREET and ECO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you guys have a SPORT mode, that shuts it completely off. On my old Scat Pack, it worked in STREET and ECO.
I don't want to drive on Sport mode because it disables MDS. I want to use the MDS always (for fuel consumption) but get rid of the drone sound.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I don't have that. I think when the vehicle is loaded or heavier, the MDS or (4 Cyl. option) will automatically shut off and the engine will run on 8 Cyl.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ok so your system is like the 18 I have. it will cycle between 4-8 and to me that is the most annoying thing so I keep it in sport around town I use eco mode when highway cruising. I don't think you will find a direct solution except for maybe turning up the volume of your music... ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I cant confirm for these cars( I have a M6), but the Rams do the same thing. All you have to do to bypass it is put it in Drive, then cycle up to 8th gear. Truck would still go through the gears like normal, but disables MDS. Worked like a charm in the rams.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,875 Posts
I cant confirm for these cars( I have a M6), but the Rams do the same thing. All you have to do to bypass it is put it in Drive, then cycle up to 8th gear. Truck would still go through the gears like normal, but disables MDS. Worked like a charm in the rams.
OP doesnt want to disable it. Wants it to work but without the drone. Gotta read the fine print...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts