SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , sorry to be redundant , but i wanted some feedback . I was just wondering what custom setup you guys had on your redeyes for DD? The extra ponies from the reg hellcat seem to be pretty noticeable and traction seems to be at a premium in any gear . Currently running the same custom setup as I did in my previous car - track trans sport everything else . Any suggestions ? Any insight is much appreciated ..

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,502 Posts
I ran everything on sport with street traction.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
858 Posts
Hello , sorry to be redundant , but i wanted some feedback . I was just wondering what custom setup you guys had on your redeyes for DD? The extra ponies from the reg hellcat seem to be pretty noticeable and traction seems to be at a premium in any gear . Currently running the same custom setup as I did in my previous car - track trans sport everything else . Any suggestions ? Any insight is much appreciated ..
I run everything in Street & that leaves Stability & Traction Control functioning with normal Trans shifting up to & including 8th. Selecting different Traction Modes disables these Traction features and am not sure this is wise on the Street. Putting the Trans in Sport or Track Modes means the Trans will never shift up and always stays in the Engine Torque Range while burning more gas, but I use the Paddles & Manual Shifter when I want additional RPM & Torque. If I was on a Closed Circuit, would probably go full Track.

The other thing I do is not spin the tires. For me, part of the skill driving this car is to accelerate while keeping the tires hooked up. Anyone can spin/burn tires... & lose. I drive with both feet, so if I want to launch, I do it & not the car's Launch Mode.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,875 Posts
Trans in Track, everything else in Street. Not sure what about Track trans is brutal, def doesnt feel brutal to me. Feels just right tbh. Street trans just feels lazy by comparison.

Reactions: HellishCat

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,502 Posts
Trans in Track, everything else in Street. Not sure what about Track trans is brutal, def doesnt feel brutal to me. Feels just right tbh. Street trans just feels lazy by comparison.
You went get into 8 on the highway.

·
Premium Member
9,875 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,502 Posts
I drive in M mode. Shifts right into 8th that way.
Oh yeah, I never thought of that. I never drove In M when I knew I was gonna hit the highway for an extended period.

·
Premium Member
9,875 Posts
Oh yeah, I never thought of that. I never drove In M when I knew I was gonna hit the highway for an extended period.
It's just habit now for me. Custom mode - M every time. Not really something I notice I'm doing anymore lol. Sometimes I forget and it's not long before I notice the mushy low rpm shifts, yuck.

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
66 Posts
Just an added thought as I did not know this until months after getting my first Hellcat, but once you get your custom settings the way you want them you can shortcut to them by just pushing the SRT two times right after start up and the car goes into custom drive mode. Once you do this for a while it becomes second nature every time you get into the car. I personally have my "custom" tab set up as everything street except for trans which is in track mode. I have tried a number of combos but for spirited daily driving this is best for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts