SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long story short: loved my 2017 HC Charger, but I thought i needed a change so I pre-ordered the new "refresh" Tesla Model S. Well, it just kept getting pushed back, and the final straw was them telling me I might get it in June or July, AFTER WAITING SINCE FEBRUARY. I'm impulsive as hell, so I thought "what else is out there?" Looked at AMG E63's and Audi RS7's, but they just didn't call me. Then I do some digging and find out they made a Widebody Charger in Redeye configuration. How did I not know this? And THEN the stars aligned and I found a black/black 2021 just 3 hours away. Called the dealer and I was there the next morning. Let me say something; I thought this car would be just like my 2017 Charger HC, but with a longer warranty and a slightly faster infotainment system (y). Well yes, I did get both of those.. plus a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BEAST. This car drives and handles SO much better than my old one. Dodge crushed this one out of the park in my opinion. I am absolutely smitten with this kitten :love:. Alrready got full ceramic tint on and Optimum Plus Ceramic coat will be next. So I'm glad to say my lapse in judgement passed, and I'm still part of this family, whether you want me or not :p

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes she is beautiful!!!! PITA to keep clean. But when she clean she is bad ass!
LOL story of my life. I ALWAYS have black on black cars. When they're clean, nothing looks more sinister to me. Ceramic coat will help. Gotta get that setup STAT.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
224 Posts
LOL story of my life. I ALWAYS have black on black cars. When they're clean, nothing looks more sinister to me. Ceramic coat will help. Gotta get that setup STAT.
I have to agree. I used to machine polish cars as a side business and I swore I would never own a black car, until I bought my black Challenger R/T eight years ago. Then I was hooked. My HC is black on black and while I know what a PITA they are to keep clean, I wouldn't have it any other way (although Indigo Blue is a close runner up). Congrats on your new Redeye! She's a beaut!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Holy smokes. You made the right choice with a Charger Hellcat widebody! ICEs are so much better than EVs. Once the novelty of the EV wears off, you are left with a subpar vehicle that is worth nearly nothing on the secondary market and that you have to plug into electrical service for 300 miles of range. Always keeping in mind the electrical power comes from 90% burning natural gas and coal.
Congratulations !

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice! Are you located in Fort Walton Beach FL area? I seen one at the dodge dealership there that looks a lot like this one.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice! Are you located in Fort Walton Beach FL area? I seen one at the dodge dealership there that looks a lot like this one.
I'm actually up in Gainesville, but this one was at the Bradenton dealership. Was a lease that fell through with only 1200 miles on it. They gave me more than I wanted on trade for my old Hellcat and it was discounted more than any other Widebody with the options I wanted in the whole US. It was a perfect storm for me :cool:

·
Registered
Demon destroyer gray
110 Posts
I'm actually up in Gainesville, but this one was at the Bradenton dealership. Was a lease that fell through with only 1200 miles on it. They gave me more than I wanted on trade for my old Hellcat and it was discounted more than any other Widebody with the options I wanted in the whole US. It was a perfect storm for me :cool:
It was meant to be :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
118 Posts
Beautiful car. You might want to think about PPL the wheel well arches. They pit up quick from stones. I had it done to my HCWBRE

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
59 Posts
I'm actually up in Gainesville, but this one was at the Bradenton dealership.
Did you buy it at Firkins? If so, I almost inquired about it. :LOL: I was initially looking at Black RE's but decided that Blue is a better fit for me.
Congrats!

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Registered
551 Posts
congrats on an awesome looking car sir... we love our black on black HC and as everyone who owns one knows black cars are a PITA to keep clean but we get tons of complements on ours.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you buy it at Firkins? If so, I almost inquired about it. :LOL: I was initially looking at Black RE's but decided that Blue is a better fit for me.
Congrats!
Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. I knew it would go quick so I got down there ASAP.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
59 Posts
We'll have to get something together with the Florida guys at Gainesville raceway sometime.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We'll have to get something together with the Florida guys at Gainesville raceway sometime.
I think that would be fun. I used to race out there every week back in the day. I just need to buy a spare set of rears so I can get some slicks or DR's. Maybe then I won't spin all the way down the track lol.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
You have to put PPF on the rear fender flares because even with the rock guards I still get some rock dust on them. The previous owner put the PPF on the entire front of the car, A-pillars, mirrors, the door edges(which I just noticed last week after two months) and the cups under the door handles. It saved my paint the first time I drove it. I drove three and a half hours to Houston to get the car. Apparently I got hit on the front fender on the way home. It tore through the film and was brown inside. I took it to have it repaired and even though it was torn the paint was fine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Good choice. You will be forced to buy electric cars in the near future so save that for when you don’t have a choice, especially for a fun car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts